Single Player Scenarios » [TUCoD-2013]:DatPrincess

Download File Post Review Post Comment

[TUCoD-2013]:DatPrincess

Author File Description
XLightningStormL
(id: TheBronyKing11)
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=29335&f=13,29335,0,20&st=0
Warning: May Not be that creative (but there is still a bit of EYECANDY!)
Email: glenquagmire71@yahoo.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
candalas second (?) download yay! =D

i was gonna play some league of legends but you just changed my mind, prepare yourself for a review in no time
candalas Playability: 3
you have a bunch of units right from the start, which is nice. And you got greek villagers also, they help a lot with favor for atlanteans.

Balance: 2
its very hard (i actually couldnt beat it, so i cheated ;p), you get attacked very fast, and you dont have much time to actually build anything.

Creativity: 3
i like the fact that the dragon has an empire, and its not just a dragon alone.

Map Design: 4
indeed its pretty pretty, much better then whatever i've done already, so its something

Story/Instructions: 2
you get a bonus point for following the rules (dragon, princess, castle and hero thingy)

Additional Comments:
you are disqualified tho, you scenario doesnt meet the 200 kb minimum (it has 163)

[Edited on 07/20/14 @ 12:18 AM]

Lewonas The 200 kB minimum file size is a very silly rule. I'm sure that your entry will be accepted. After all, quality is better than quantity.
Nickonhawk Mighty cow! How did I missed this? Let's see what we've got here...
Nickonhawk There are two good things here. One. The computer player, I always feel awful and amazed when I se one, cuz I don't know how to make one :))
Second. That thing with the dragon's empire. Unfortunaltely, you lack any kind of story or custom chats or anythin'. What were those people of the dragon? Cultists? Professional birdwatchers? Slaves? Or was the dragon a slave to them? The princess then. The same. You didn't say anything about those things.

The good part is, I almost finished the participation prize, so stay tunned!

Nickonhawk,
The Editorman

[Edited on 01/12/14 @ 09:05 AM]

scragins
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions2.0
Playability: 3
The game was easy enough to control given that it used basic controls like you would find in any supremacy map. It was however a little difficult to know what to do as there were no objectives and a princess that was curiously standing in the corner under the dragon.

Balance: 1
The game was impossible to win without cheating, you will have used up 3 of your 10 minutes at least before you can even train a military unit as you start in Archaic age. The enemy has advanced to classical before you even have a town center, immediately placing you in a bad position one which most supremacy players would not be able to come back from in a normal game let alone in 10 minutes. The game would be more balanced if you started in later age, possibly with upgraded units. It would also be easier if you were given time before the wonder was constructed, maybe having the timer start from when you first cross the river or destroy one of the enemy buildings.

Creativity: 3
The Idea of having a dragon rule over a town is nice. The idea behind the plot is not one that has been overused and it satisfies the theme for the competition.

Map Design: 3
The map looked bright and vibrant, which I like. The level of eye candy on the map was good to look at but made the game a bit difficult to play. Trees in the area where you make your base obstruct building placement. Similarly there are were too many buildings in the enemy's base obstructing your units from getting to the Wonder, contributing to the difficulty. Paths connecting the areas were easy to follow. I would recommend giving the player more space.

Story/Instructions: 2
The plot was nice as noted in the creativity section but it was never explained. The lack of instructions made the map difficult as I was unsure of what I needed to do, kill the dragon, get Arkantos to the princess, destroy the wonder... In the end it was none of these. Some basic instructions such as an objective or a cinematic at the beginning would be very useful.

Additional Comments:
I didn't find any triggers when I looked at the map in the editor after playing. Learning how to use them would really help scenarios that you make.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance1.0
Creativity3.0