New Files

Single Player Scenarios » [TUCoD-2013] Get Her Back

Download File Post Review Post Comment

[TUCoD-2013] Get Her Back

Author File Description
ORm0rni
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is ORmorni's submission for The Ultimate Clash of Designers.

The princess was seen being carried from the palace on the back of a dragon. She was brought to an empty ruin - the Shardspire castle. A knight, Rezzar, is then sent to the castle to rescue her from the clutches of the dragon. He, his two companions and their battering ram will then fight through the castle in order to find the princess. However, fighting skills are not enough to get Rezzar through.

This file does not include the music files. Download the scenario with the music files here.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Nickonhawk Downloading :P
Edit : Two files?

[Edited on 01/14/14 @ 01:45 PM]

ORm0rni
File Author
This one is without music, and it was submitted after I mistakenly thought that the previous submission didn't work somewhy.
Nickonhawk My 1.8 ghz processor cant load your map :(
KaTorrenter
(id: DanyUnknown)
I have a question...
The archive supposed to have the scenario and the music folder??
If yes, I think the link is broken...
Nickonhawk This one doesn't have music. Check out the other "Get Her Back" :P
KaTorrenter
(id: DanyUnknown)
A, ok q:)
Zenophobia whoa, it uses the attach effects! This is the first time I've seen someone use my guide! :D
Theorg I just spent a half hour going up the back of a dragon in a small, cobwebs, castle filled for scrap unpleasant experience, I blame ORm0rni.

The creator has donated his entire single player scenario to the website. This is the striking part of the ram.

ORm0rni said to be embarrassed by the lack of music files. ''The thing about this file is that it contains music files.''

But I'm not sure, so I'm afraid that's all.

Elrich:
review retracted due to lack of explanation for scores
(Playablity 4, Balance 5, Creativity 5, Map Design 3, Story/Instructions 2)

[Edited on 02/12/14 @ 02:21 PM]

ORm0rni
File Author
Thanks for the review. However, can you please explain what was bad with the map design and the storyline? Where did the playability fail? What made the experience that unpleasant?
By the way, I did not say anything about being embarassed. There is a link to the file with the music.
Nickonhawk To guys who haven't downloaded: Go ahead and do it, you'll have a good time. This is a philosophical review.

So I played it. It is a good map, favoring eyecandy, triggers and a puzzle atmosphere, but failing at story, instructions and balance.
(There is huge number of things to say so I'll just give an example for each)

What I liked is the free roaming sensation, and the very original features, like the Flamethrowers. You also used a lot of change name effects, and I love this.

As for the bad parts, it lacks a lot of details, like this "Hey guys, I know how to make two hammers spin!" and then you suddenly stopped. You could make more, like move them faster, cuz at that speed they can hardly hurt anything and make them spill some blood. You put a lot of work in this map, don't get me wrong, but some details are necessary to keep the player playing your map, and enjoying it.
But nevertheless the abilities are cool, even if they don't excel.

The worst thing here is the gruesome lack of lore. You said about Shardspire Castle and the elderglass walls, whay did you stop? I am not talking about the Tunnel Designer or the Drilling Machine, which are great, I am talking about the storyline smoothness. For example, that guy Borok talks a lot while you are in the castle, and since he doesn't come with you, there are only three possibile explanations for hearing his voice over such distance: 1.He works at the National African Opera 2.Mentalism 3.Rezzar is dreaming

Finally, you have a lot of good ideas, experience with triggers, and also all the chances to win the competition, but to please my taste, you gotta be more organized.
(And for the record, the music is epic. Just epic.)

Nickonhawk
The Editorman

[Edited on 01/29/14 @ 08:37 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics