Rise Of The Argives

Author File Description
b64Milos
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 20
Version: AoM: The Titans
Brief Storyline:

As the king Abas begins his conquest, he leaves the main council member Epimeus in charge, with young hero Apollonius and known Argive ally Chryasor as his assistants. For no apparent reason, Epimeus sends Apollonius far away from home to besiege the Egyptian city. Unexpectedly, Apollonius' army gets the aid from the Egyptian bandits, who capture a relic from the city and leave. Apollonius, suspicious of the situation, decides to go after the bandits and take the relic from them, but then finds out that the relic was ordered by the man who had sent him in Egypt...

Gameplay:

The gameplay varies from scenario to scenario, from the sieges where you conquer the enemy strongholds, strategical military tasks where you must figure out how to win the battle while being outnumbered, missions to protect allies at all costs, counter attacks, all the way through to the tasks where you have to explore the unknown things in order to gain every advantage possible. One thing virtually always remains the same - you can always look around and perhaps find a little help from the gods.

Some scenarios are pretty easy to complete, while there are several of the hard ones when you will need patience, right approach and right timing. Always look around, explore the areas nearby, because there are always chances for you to find some minor advantages which could eventually turn the tables in your favor. Be patient, never rush in order to finish the scenario as quickly as possible, take one step at the time.

For further information, bug reports, discussion and a detailed storyline, view the article on the AoMH forum:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,29457,,20

Eventual updates to come in case something is wrong.

Also, follow @Boulevard64 on Twitter.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
I'm getting a corrupted zip. I contacted the author and told him.
b64Milos
File Author
Edit: The file is fixed and should be working perfectly fine now.

[Edited on 08/09/14 @ 10:10 AM]

b64Milos
File Author
I have a sequel campaign in mind, so constructive criticism and rating are always appreciated.

[Edited on 08/21/14 @ 12:58 PM]

Adishwar Hey b64Milos, the campaign is awesome and the storyline and playbility are excellent, but I found out that some of your scenarios are really difficult. For example, your scn #2 where the guardian was to be killed was too tough. Its difficult even for a titan to kill him. Backed up by son of osiris, i'd say it was the toughest to pass. If your are planning a sequel campaign kepp this in mind that you don't make it too hard.

By the way, everything was awesome and I had quite a fun playing it.

I'm waiting for a sequel campaign.........
b64Milos
File Author
Thanks for the feedback Adishwar. It is not the objective to kill the Guardian in that mission, you just have to destroy the Lighthouse. The point is to avoid fighting Guardian while destroying the Lighthouse.

The sequel campaign is in the works.
XLightningStormL
(id: TheBronyKing11)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance2.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
The Campaign is very playable, most of the stuff works tightly, and the scenarios have very few, if not, no problems.

Balance: 2
The Only problem I saw with the Campaign, was Balance, most of the time you would be overran with Overpowered enemy units that would come out of the woodworks, the lack of proper "Difficulty" settings shines on this.

Creativity: 4
Creativity isn't much of a thing with scenarios (especially with "Fall of the Trident" scenarios) One of the main problems I saw was the "you have to play all three main cultures".

Map Design: 4
Map Design was very nice, but due to certain scenarios that seemed "too copy and pasted" even though they had different terrain sets.
Some areas were also clutted, many "stronghold" scenarios had "thousands" of towers everywhere.

Story/Instructions: 4
The Story and Instructions were clear, and easy to understand. However, there were plenty of "wtf" and "that doesn't make sense" dialogue, the story also seems a bit "cliche'ed" with the betrayal

Additional Comments:
- Add Difficulty Options
- Make sure it's playable for Hardcore and Casual gamers alike.
- Double check your grammer, or at least ask for some help about it.
- Don't have weird inaccurate strongholds of Pirates or Norsemen where they have Military grade forts, they're bandits/barbarians not Ramesses II's grand army! And If the Pirates do, at least give an explanation.
- Allow Cutscenes to be skippable.
- May I suggest: End Scenario cutscenes.
Yellow Flash Good campaign but to be honest a lot of the levels are too easy but still a good campaign
the588
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)

Balance: 4
(Insert Balance analysis here)

Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)

Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)

Story/Instructions: 5
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)

Additional Comments: Great gameplay
Vam01 hey on the 5th mission back to greece and i was attacking the fortress near a wall with catapults with my army to protect it but suddenly i was i defeated idk how it said your hero was defeated but.........my hero had full 800/800hp left............

i just wanna know why this happened,i didnt even saved game so i have to play that level from beggining
Pandaprewmaster alright so i finished this thing in 3 days and here is what i think of it,Spoilers ahead!

first part mission 1-3: the part where i asked myself if i really want to play this thing anymore we sieged the city destroyed it and then its ruler says to you "they stole the relic you fool" and you are like "aw damn i gotta take it back" and you leave as if you didnt just destroy an important city now thats the first mission the mission got some nice ideas going around the city but it got an issue that will follow through the entire campaign and thats the enemy gets the free myth unit and sometimes it ruins the scene seeing an anubite just standing there ruins the immersion a bit however it was the first mission so lets not go so hard on it the 2nd mission is an interesting one you chase the bandits through a canyon and whats that ? a sky passage ? in the middle of the desert? and the soldiers know what its called? maybe you could have explained a bit more about whats going on here and we go to the next problem the dialogues through missions they just pop up on the screen no sound nothing to tell you a dialogue is there to read nope and this leads us to the cutscene problem no music during cutscenes or most of them (ending got music and thats good) many scenes could have benefited from certain themes that suits the situation, in mission 3 we come the city of luxor (nice city by the way) but the people dont react at all! seeing greeks that were just sieging on of thier cities not too long ago and no one panics nothing as if they forgave us for our attack on them the mission could have used a lot more polishing make luxor aid us if we free it from bandits for example and then we go to karnak now maybe having the people revolting on the bandits and aiding us would have helped but not a big deal but another problem is theris escape! you get too close then he runs away way too close for him to run and that just ruins the scene his escape in mission 2 was a lot better.

part 2:mission 4-rest of the campaign

i was just asking for this thing to end at this point before playing this mission but this mission made me hope its going to get better and i was right! sieging the stronghold was tough having to go around it was a nice add on one thing though why the charon ferry is in egypt now? could have had something to be said about this but not a big deal that thing can transport 60 units with the deck upgrade! and i really needed this space my initial assult took out the charysor naval base and managed to pierce through 3 gates until it got wiped out i decided to build 40 kebniiet and destroy the towers in my way was costly but it worked it will take 2 waves of 30 elephants and 30 slingers and 12 preists to beat up theris defenses what a very strong resistance from some desert bandits mission 5 is where it truly shows that the dev skills are improving herceles is a beast i like mission 6 and like the useage of the atlantean leaders that play in the skrimish mode and the "did you know" is really a nice touch although it could have been used to flush out some lore stuff but its fine one thing i disliked is the bad guy always says "kill them" every time we break into his town could have used something else instead of just "kill them" everytime i like the mission where you have to use the tight canyon to your advantage over an enemy with a massive force reminds me of the 300 with hoplites attacking from behind each other it was epic (i have them with 1,5 range) attacking argos is good but having 0 reaction from the citzens of you getting back to your city is underwhelming there was a chance to make the entire city go into a chaos mode and revolt against epemius, having him go to give the relic to atlantis was surprising turn of events to me im playing against the guys i control in the original campaign ? they are the bad guys now? we joining kamos too? whoa thats nice fighting the destroyers was a bit more challenging to me since they are stronger in my game adding more challenge to the already existing challenge made it better for me and man! sneaking through atlantis?? thats the same place that omens events take place in! nice city by the way but i gotta say having to go back the same route is kinda of disappointing there was a a lake there we could have used a boat to get to the other side i dont why you didnt do it the mission is already hard unlocking the powers of the relic was epic horus himself came to my aid!! and then another problem pops up why in allah name does the minoans not become your ally when you give them the relics? why they ignore the atlantean navy? i think they are supposed to be invaders right? they must aid us in the fight right? well no i had to switch players using nottud pack to make them do so same problem with the battle of argos it was big and epic but again the cutscene lacked music which could have made it a lot better! the king abas men just stand in there and doesnt help me take the fight to the atlanteans or epiemus another problem is in the last mission why the cyrn- ok lets call them cyan player, why they still sent a prodromos wave at me? after i razed their temples? you could have made them our ally and they could have protected the trade route we make to their TC they didnt even comment on us razing their temples you could have made them beg for their lives and we tell them we will spare them only if they join us and epemius gets pissed at that .

conclusion: a solid campaign could use some polish but its good nonetheless i got pissed at how many time the player (apollonius) says "we dont have much time" it just became a meme quote at the end of this thing at that point another thing is regeneration of heroes the characters are powerful but they dont regenerate you could look away 2 seconds and lose could have benefited a lot from a regeneration passive in the end this is another relic of age of mythology map making archive hope we get even more once the remaster comes out.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.3