New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Mythic Theft Auto

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Mythic Theft Auto

Author File Description
Sword of Scarlet
File Details
Version: AoM:EE
Drive a Fire Siphon to escape the cops. A novelty map I made about a year ago but never uploaded.

This was originally intended as a multiplayer scenario but for some unfathomable reason the map would lag extremely hard and be unplayable in multiplayer.

Disclaimer: I am too young to drive so I don't actually know what's it like driving a car, so the Acceleration and Collision Mechanics may be unrealistic.

I am not responsible if this map inspires you to run over innocent civilians and angry policemen in real life.
-------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Px9AWM6yQ

Brief video of a play-test of the map when it was being created. (The actual difficulty of the map uploaded has gone down).

The map is fully completed and playable, but I did not add any polish onto it, so please do not take it as representative of my amazingness level.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zenophobia
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 3
The acceleration mechanism was okay, but sometimes sharp turns did nothing to decrease my speed and other times, I would slow down for no reason at all. Another detriment to the playability score is the fact that the fire siphon tries to turn to avoid unit collision, which sometimes decreases its speed too much and I end up stopping at a wall of people rather than plowing right through. Still entertaining to massacre people though. :D

Balance: 4
I think the balance of the map is fine as is, although due to the clunky playability, sometimes causes me to slow down where I shouldn't, costing me the game in many attempts. >.<

Creativity: 4
Really nice idea. Running people over was lots of fun and executed quite well. :D

Map Design: 4
I didn't have much time to stop and admire the architecture but the roads were made very well and looked quite realistic.

Story/Instructions: 5
Instructions were clear and the storyline was straightforward. No complaints here.

[Edited on 10/28/15 @ 06:42 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0