Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Miscellaneous Files » uitriggereditor.xml widescreen fix

Download File Post Review Post Comment

uitriggereditor.xml widescreen fix

Author File Description
billy X If you try to play the non-extended edition of this game with a 16:9 widescreen resolution (for example using "xres=1920 yres=1080 -waterbump +noIntroCinematics" at the end of your shortcut file) and go into the editor you will find the trigger editor is misaligned rendering it unusable. That is where this simple modification comes in, just pop it in your data folder and voila. If you want to play on the default resolutions you can delete this file. If you find yourself using a resolution that is not 16:9 and not one of the default resolutions supported you can modify this part

<gadget type="gadget" name="trEdit-CondEffPanel-custom" sizerel1024="285 510 530 180"/>

the "510" here by default is 35, increase this number to move the trigger editor down and decrease this number to move it up.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
Thanks!
ind10s
Rating
Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
no more geting back to lower resolution to just work a triger, you sir deserve a cookie, thank you so much for this.
Legendary Raider
(id: avaget)
Rating
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:
This is a bliss! finally don't have to change my resolution to 1600x1200 to make something in the editor, and simple install - it just works! much appreciated, thank you
That AoM Guy
This breaks your game. When you remove the file you're left with no trigger buttons at all. It probably makes a change to another file automatically but I have yet to find where.

edit: I was wrong, just a problem on my end.

[Edited on 02/11/17 @ 05:46 PM]

NicoSubic After i installed the file i could not use the trigger editor at all. help?
That AoM Guy
NicoSubic did you ever figure it out?
ykrugernl Unfortunately this is not an universal fix. It seems my UI problem is somewhat different. Your fix adjusts the height of the parameter window. My problem is that the parameters have an incorrect width and thus only a small center part is visible. Meaning "Unit name [Type name here]" may become "ame [typ". This doesn't really matter for many triggers (still very annoying), but also many triggers are straight up unusable because I can't read either the parameter name, or the value of the parameter input field, or both.

The default values are "285 35 530 180"
The fix for me was not the second value, but the third value. Also I decreased the first value a little to make the left side align better with the left side of the type dropdown.

End result:
gadget type="gadget" name="trEdit-CondEffPanel-custom" sizerel1024="220 35 745 180"

I have a 2560x1080 21:9 ultrawide screen if that helps.

[Edited on 03/29/18 @ 12:39 PM]

Izalith
(id: Lilitu)
Rating
omg.

Additional Comments:
I never even dreamed of this to be possible.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:394
Favorites: [Who?]4
Size:1.33 KB