Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » AOM:EE Scenario Extractor

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AOM:EE Scenario Extractor

Author File Description
nottud A small utility to extract and compress again AOM:EE scenario files (Please back up first!). In the extracted form the scenario file is directly editable although it is not in a very readable form generally (Use a hex editor) but you can relatively easily make small changes such as to the mother nature name if you know what you are doing.

The main purpose is it will allow me or others to easily write utilities to edit scenarios outside of the editor.

Credits: invent00r - The program is based off the source that originally made the mother nature editor:

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=8906

Troubleshooting: This was only written very quickly so there may be some small issues. Please post on here if you run into difficulties. Note that you need to extract the files before running.

EDIT: This should now support scenarios of any size.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zenophobia it seems it can't extract massive scenarios. :(
nottud
Staff
File Author
Argh must be exceeding the buffer limit used in the code I will try and update when I get the chance. I have had no time to recently with moving house - still not even got proper internet access yet. :(
Zenophobia Aww...

It seems to only happen on scenarios with lots of triggers.
nikakostya Hi Nottud, can you please make trigger code like this?

Do you know what i mean? I'm working on an adventure scenario and i want my warrior to send randomed chat and play randomed sound, every time he kills an enemy.
I can make it with Stat Value, but it doesn't work correct. How to reset Stat Value again, after killing an enemy? I hope you can help me. sorry for my bad English.
Izalith
(id: Lilitu)
I tried to open svx-Files and learn about how to make those, when I also encountered the Extraction-Failure. "Target Array is not long enough, check destIndex, the length and the lower frontier of the Array"

If it's fixed pls check this thread:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=19&tn=29867&st=0#post0

Also Loggy might provide another extractor.
Izalith
(id: Lilitu)
With the python code provided here by loggy and help from vevionez in executing it we were able to decompress bigger files. :)
A 2,96 MB svx/MPSave-File was no problem, and since it's python I guess it takes all the space it needs to work.

> http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=19&tn=29867&st=3#post4

The hex-Editor is still quite riddling in most parts.

[Edited on 03/08/17 @ 02:52 AM]

nottud
Staff
File Author
Hey everyone I appreciate this is a very late update but I have now fixed it to work for scenarios of any size! (I just successfully extracted and rebuilt a huge RPG map of mine)

[Edited on 12/16/19 @ 05:31 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:341
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:25.80 KB