Single Player Scenarios » Ferguson Mansion

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Ferguson Mansion

Author File Description
Nickonhawk
File Details
Version: AoM:EE
Ferguson Mansion

Showcase : http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,29851,,20

UPDATE: Now contains a non-dlc version at the request of the community. Enjoy!

Dive into a world full of mysteries, solve beautiful puzzles and uncover the secrets of the Ferguson Mansion. A full cinematic scenario that took years to make, with many dialog choices and three different endings.

On Steam : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902684250
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Zenophobia
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
There was only one point in my playthrough where my character got stuck in some eyecandy, but that was all. Controls were easy to understand and not clunky except at some parts where I had to align my character with a button on the wall or something in order to interact with it.

Balance: 4
Some of the puzzles were very hard, especially if you don't remember which note you picked up next to them. Finding and deciphering the notes themselves was also a challenge. Overall, it may have been a tad too hard.

Creativity: 5
It was really an amazing experience. The puzzles were fun and unique and the exploration aspect was solid. The mysterious atmosphere was conveyed very well. Also, +1 for amateur voice acting.

Map Design: 5
The map design shows what it needs to show and the lighting sets the mood very well. Some parts didn't blend too well together or didn't make much sense (WHERE'S THE BEDROOM?) but overall it is still very well designed.

Story/Instructions: 5
I found little to no problems with the instructions, and the story was very well made. Notes gave us tidbits of information about the true nature of the mansion and the story played out very well. My only complaint would be that the endings seemed very rushed.

Additional Comments:
I HAVE THE KEY OPEN THE DOOR DAMMIT
Nickonhawk
File Author
You can now unstuck and chests have icons. Balancing these scenarios is tricky, making it easy means everyone will complete it on the first run, while making it hard means only the smart players will find everything. In the end, the harder a puzzle is, the more rewarded you feel when you complete it.
phdorogers4 Absolutely awesome scenario. Nickonhawk is officially my favorite scenario creator. (Pls don't hate on my Zeno or Yeeb :p)
King_Hollywood Don't know why this didnt get a 5.0 but the scenario,eyecandy,music and even did your own dialogue :)
Nickonhawk
File Author
:D

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown