New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Story Before Stories ~ Episode 1

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Story Before Stories ~ Episode 1

Author File Description
Nickonhawk
File Details
Version: AoM:EE

Another Age of Mythology adventure from none other than Nickonhawk! The first episode is out, the beginning of everything.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Steam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Schicksalszirkel
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Balance: 5
The fixed amount of rations (Heal) makes it hard. A cooldown is not logical, but why not. Or maybe a fixed amount for each of the three parts.
Creativity: 5
Map Design: 5
Story/Instructions: 5
Add a file with the chat commands

Additional Comments:
Nice-looking environment. Working trigger.
The boss fight was awesome and quite challenging.
Recommend this.
Nickonhawk
File Author
Hi and thanks very much! The food amount is set by the difficulty. The chat commands will be presented in the second episode(for which I don't even have time to think working on(which is actually an important part of the whole design)), so they're just a fun thing for smart fans here.
DaddyCandy Why does my game crash when I start it?
Nickonhawk
File Author
Are you playing this on EE?
Zenophobia
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance2.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 4
The gameplay was playable for the most part. Using chat commands for abilities was quite difficult since I had to remember commands first and also type them fast enough when I needed them. Also, in the crypt, it was difficult to walk along the walkway without accidentally clicking on the boulder walls and moving in the wrong direction.

Balance: 2
An incredibly difficult map with little visual clarity when it comes to what enemies can do to you. I just assumed everything was incredibly dangerous and didn't try walking towards it, which helped. That boss was also ridiculous. No warning when he would perform those devastating attacks. I was melee so I needed to be next to him to hit him, but I also don't want to be next to him when he performs those AoE attacks, but I don't even know when he will perform them since it is entirely random. Overall, it felt like I was battling the system and not the boss itself.

Creativity: 5
Having companions and chat commands were pretty cool, especially for solving puzzles with pressure plates and whatnot. The enemies and their attacks were also incredibly creative, although incredibly difficult.

Map Design: 5
Incredible. The combination of triggers that make sounds and spawn sfx along with the beautiful eyecandy really brought your world to life. I always love the amount of effort you put into these marvelous ambiance.

Story/Instructions: 3
Storyline was vague. All I knew was that there were two lovers at the end of an adventure. The instructions were even more difficult to parse. There were some chat commands that weren't even provided to the player, which were pretty crucial for beating the final boss. I definitely would not have made it through had you not been watching my playthrough and giving me hints lol.

Additional Comments:
I always love RPG scenarios, and this has huge potential. Can't wait to see more!

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance3.5
Creativity5.0