Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Recorded Game Info & Rename Utility (supports both AoM and AoT)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Recorded Game Info & Rename Utility (supports both AoM and AoT)

Author File Description
Aleste Update (8/19/2005):

- Changed the ZIP library

Update (10/21/2004):

- New feature: added shortcuts to the savegame folders in the file open dialog boxes.
- New feature: added an option to delete the renamed files.

Update (12/9/2003):

- Bug fix: fixed observer problem.

Update (10/28/2003):

- New feature: added an option to use a short date format in the rename tool.

Update (10/27/2003):

- New feature: added an option to include the game mode (supremacy, deathmatch, etc.) in the rename tool.

Update (10/14/2003):

- New feature: added an option to include the God name in the rename tool.

Update (10/9/2003):

- Bug fix: AoM:TT rec games are now renamed with the correct file extension.

With this very simple program, you can check the settings of a recorded game.

Besides that, you can use the rename utility to automatically rename your recorded games according to a configurable format. To access the rename utility, just click the Tools menu and select the Rename option. It's possible to select multiple files to rename. To select multiple files, press the "..." button in the rename dialog box, hold the CONTROL key, and select the files you want to rename.

You need to install the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en) and the Microsoft Visual J# .NET Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (available for download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E3CF70A9-84CA-4FEA-9E7D-7D674D2C7CA1&displaylang=en) to run this utility.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
spud_muffin Very nice.
It would be cool if it could rename the file for you as you suggest.
If you don't have the time to do it, then you could post the source if you like and I could do it. no problemo. I presume you need vis studio .NET to build it???

I'd like it to rename the file something like:
2v2_player1Pos_player2Set__player3Loki_player4Ra.rec

in an ideal world you'd be able to configure it, so if someone had a ridiculous name like spud_muffin, then you could opt to take only the first 4 chars or something, so the names are of reasonable length.

Good work tho. nice.
Pascal9872
Rating
Rating: 4.5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Nice. It would be better if it added the players civs. IMO that would make it just about perfect. Could you add this option.
Pascal9872 Great Even better. One last thing I thought of. Since I have started using your utility I have found I use the prefix and suffix options almost all the time.

I currently put the game type as the prefix: Lightning or Supremacy. I was wondering if you could add the option to display game type in the file name.

Secondly, would it be possible have shorter forms for the date.

And lastly, could we have a way of choosing the order the different fields appear in the file name:

Like Gametype - Map - Players - Date or
Game Type - Date - Map Players or any other variation people might like.

Thanks again.
Pascal9872 Oh never mind about the second part. I see that I can already move the date and such around in the file name. Great Work.
L_Clan_Kevin Hi Aleste,

Could you message me on MSN sometime at ktweedy1@earthlink.com I have an idea for your rename tool that I would like to talk with you about. :)
Guisan
Rating
Rating: 5
(Almost perfect Tool)

Additional Comments:
nomekori I have an error when observers exist.
Please fix.
Ballbarian2
Rating
Good utility! I found your program after deciding to write one for myself. I was scanning HG to see if anyone had figured out what compression format was used after finding the "l33t" id in the files and decided to check if one had already been made.

Additional Comments:
One of the best aspects of your program, is how you've made it easy to use uniform naming conventions for the rec/rcx files. Very nice.
The only suggestion I have at this time is cosmetic. When opening a file the program window doesn't update completely while the file is being processed (during decompression?). Perhaps adding a "file loading" screen with a progress bar would help. As I said, that's just a cosmetic thing. The primary object is functionallity and it's there.
Thanks for this needed utility!
killingmachine
Rating
Nice job
nomekori thank you for updating.
but same error occurs:
"Index was outside the bounds of the array"
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login