Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Campaigns » The Lay of Vestrigard (Prologue)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Lay of Vestrigard (Prologue)

Author File Description
King Jared
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THE LAY OF VESTRIGARD - By King Jared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long ago, a young king of the men of Midgard fell in battle. With no heir, his title was passed to his cousin Theris, a great warrior and ruthless adversary. So adept was he in warfare that none in Midgard dared to oppose him...

With his kingdom secure and thriving, the warrior-king set his gaze eastward. For there lay the land of those whom he despised most of all. His vengeful gaze set on Nidavellir, the land of the dwarves.

Using sly words and promises of unimaginable wealth, Theris convinced the warriors of his people that the dwarves were their enemies. Convinced them that the men of Midgard should take from them what was rightfully theirs.

And so the sails were hoisted, the war horn blown, and the oars set in motion. The Midgard men set sail for Nidavellir, with thoughts of pillage and death in their minds. Yet Theris, their king, had a mind only for revenge.

And far to the east, their peril unknown, the people of that sought after land lived their lives in peace, smithying and hoarding and doing all things dwarvish.

No less was this blissful peace in the dwarven city of Vestrigard, stronghold and lookout of the western coast of the dwarven lands. Of naught did those little folk know of the storm that was swifty approaching...

But they had weathered storms before.

Take control of the dwarven heroes Eitri, Roc, and Brokk to defend the city of Vestrigard from the warriors of the ruthless King Theris.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Campaign inludes:

-> 8 to 12 action-packed playable scenarios!
-> Imaginative and well-researched storyline with several challenging and entertaining side-quests!
-> Utilizes build-and-destroy, fixed-force, and role-playing gaming styles!
-> Dazzlingly detailed cinematics!
-> Custom modifiers including four different dwarven military units!
-> New "Norse Arkantos" unit with highly detailed cinematic texture!
-> Custom dialog and sound effects!
-> Custom music pack!
-> And a bunch of other stuff!

Expected Release: Mid-September

For now, watch the cinematic prologue and witness the beginning of this epic adventure.

Be sure to download the Music Pack (3.57 MB) at my site:
www.geocities.com/i_am_king_jared/vestrigard.html

Please report any bugs or problems. Or if you have any questions, my e-mail is big_vitt@hotmail.com.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Lord_Uxbridge Playability: 1
This is cinematic, (no playability)

Balance: 5
Perfect, runs as smoothly as a real movie.

Creativity: 5
Excellent and very INOVATIVE work.

Map Design: 5
Beautiful scenery and visual effects.

Story/Instructions: 5
Interesting story, easy to follow and concise.

Additional Comments:
Amazing! This is a simply astonishing cinematic! I can’t really get into the exact minor details of it, but certain things deserve notice. You have made excellent use of zoom-ins and made excellent use of your environments. The music fits PERFECTLY! You expertly utilized unit animations as well. This is by far the best prologue I have seen yet. This is without a doubt an essential download. Granted, it is only a cinematic, and that is why I gave a 4.5, because to give a 5.0, there must be some playing, but the quality of this cinematic is without a doubt in the same league as the cinematics that come with the campaign.
In summary, although just a movie, it is definitely worth the download and I cannot wait for the campaign’s release in mid-September? Very nice work.

[Edited on 08/26/03 @ 01:57 AM]

CheeZy
(id: CheeZy monkey)
I wish people would stop marking down the playability in Cinematics. You shouldn't mark a criteria down just because it's not meant to be in, for example you can't play a cinematic, but because you can't play it doesn't mean you should rate it a one.

The playability criteria goes as "Visual Presentation" or something, but basically it's how much fun/how much you enjoyed the movie.

If you read the review guidlines you'd know this...
Lord_Uxbridge Playability: 4
(See Review Below)

Additional Comments: My humble apologies, since I'm rating it purely on the cinematic, I give it a 4.8! Like I said, fantastic work!

[Edited on 08/28/03 @ 01:20 PM]

Zeus147 Playability: 5
Great map, this map has a great idea from the uprising to a King to the attack of the Dwarf

Balance: 4
The campaign is very balance, it has a good level of the design for the map.

The map is quite creative, this map has a good ideas from the snowfall for the norse land, to the rainy sea of the lakes. The camera angle is very good.

The map is design very good, with the cliffs to the fortoss to the differents points to the different maps.

The stroy of the campaign is very good, the sounds of the dialog of the people was very good.

Additional Comments:
The campaign is going to be another on of the smash hits in AOMH. I can not wait until the rest of the campaign is design.

[Edited on 12/08/04 @ 01:29 PM]

DMK_ReaperX Playability: 5
(I love you cinematic, even though it's not playable i give it 5 for playabilaty)

(It's very balanced, from talking, to battle and so on...)

(It's VERY crative, i mean, just look at the scene with the ravens in the tower OMG, that's so goddamn PERFECT)

(The map design, is so goddamn pretty...)

(And the story, is very good 2)

Additional Comments:
OMG, I LOVE THIS, I WANNA PLAY IT

[Edited on 10/27/03 @ 06:55 PM]

DMK_ReaperX I agree with Cheezy Monkey, because you've rated it a 1, the rating of the map decreases, althought it's a 4.9 and it can't get any higher anymore because people have rated under a 5 :P (no problems with it:P)
SoD_Bich Kick A$$ I can't wait till you finsh
SesameSticks Resubmitted as an actual review.

[Edited on 02/24/04 @ 11:18 AM]

Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
THIS IS A CINEMATIC!
I first thought, all those reviews were completely exaggerated, but it really rocks!

DOWNLOAD IT!!!

What a pity King Jared abandoned the project...

BTW: A bit complicated installation though.

[Edited on 03/31/04 @ 09:45 AM]

King Jared
File Author
Yes, I apologize for the nuttiness of installation. And, yes, I unfortunately abandoned it... or did I? I don't know myself. We'll see what the future brings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.7