Single Player Scenarios » THE CHALLENGE

Download File Post Review Post Comment

THE CHALLENGE

Author File Description
grande4 Scenario single player
1000 triggers
130 animation (5 submarine),
dialogues between the protagonists,
all very best music of Age Of Mythology.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
grande4
File Author
Hi, plz, read this post...

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&number=13&dp=0&s_name=grande4&s_subject=

Bye!!!!
grande4
File Author
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=18879&f=13,,,all&st=25
jml Couldn't reach the end.
But I have a Mac, and I know some important triggers don't fire right on such a machine.

I got lost, It might be the author's choice... but I never thought about killing monkeys... until I went through his triggers...)

Hi Grande4
I just realized you're Mago Merlino, the author of this most amazing scenario:
LaSfida !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A scenario I've played a long time ago. And then I lost it. One of the most creative I've ever seen, even if it took me some effort to go through some of your technical mess, meaning I really liked it!!! I got stocked in some cave, near the end, bammer.

BUT!!!!!! I realized The Challenge is nothing but the english version for LaSfida.
And this scenario is still one of my top 3. ( I know I can't play the Titans on a Mac... anyway! )
So I might be a bit of a cheater regarding my rating but technical problems shouldn't count so much and I think this job deserve a... 4.9 at the end. All that really matters in my opinion is fun and... creativity. Such a big word... Scary.
Bravo!
I'm trying l'ultimo naufragio right now!
To bad I can't play Lady Hawke on mio machina???
Just trying to pretend I could speak and cook italian as well as an italian...
Lots of good italian designers around here by the way.

Salut!

[Edited on 05/21/06 @ 10:21 AM]

jml
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I'm always amazed thinking of so many triggers, and most of them permanently active, and that the game could be so smooth still, and so fluid. I have a better machine now than 2 years ago, and it runs amazingly. But if you take a good look at the way the triggers are " sort of " smartly organized, it's a great lesson to be teached by Mago Merlino, aka Grande4 now.

Balance: 5
It's a real challenge, even if this not the first goal of this kind of " creative " scenario. Not difficult really, but a couple of times, you better get yourself ready for some big fights, and stay alive only by using your brain.

Creativity: 5
This is the most creative ( Vanilla ) scenario I ever ran into. Grande 4 used the art of triggers as Leonardo Da Vinci used the brushes combined with the mathematics. An incredible amount of triggers chained one into another, and used in new ways than probably the AOM designers never thought of.
If you want to look at triggers doing... what they are not supposed to do, BUT doing it so well, this is the place for you.

Map Design: 5
Very interesting, especially if you realize this is probably one of the earliest scenarii ever submitted, even before HeavenGames existed maybe?, in italian at the time, with no updates or any of these recent add-ons and creations brought to AOM since.
I don't remember seeing anywhere else animated buildings!

Story/Instructions: 5
It's basically a one line story, so, I found it really easy going this time, but I'm probably a little more experienced. 'still sad I had to kill these monkeys though...

Additional Comments:
I played this game again, maybe 2 years after my first try.
I had to come back to this amazing scenario, The Challenge ( or LaSfida ) by Grande4 ( or Mago Merlino ) to give it the rating it deserves... since apparently I never did? I played almost every single Vanilla scenario around and this one is probably the most brillant one of all. It took me straight to designing, since it's probably the one with the best creativity regarding special uses of triggers, showing the incredible power of AOM, beyond the basic AOM itself.
This guy is a true genius. I'm offering you my Polka Bear, Mr. Merlino. With all my heart. And thank you for the piece of art... and brain.

Something weird happened here by the way. I'm almost sure I already reviewed this scenario with a 5,0 ( What else could that be? ) I guess we've got a couple of jealous kids fooling around with master pieces...
Gamer9er very good eyecandy and it's a very good map. nice job on it!
Asehujiko based on your grammar, i think i know your translation software, is it called babelfish?
grande4
File Author
no, is google translation software

bye
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?