Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

AI Files » X AI for vanilla AoM

Download File Post Review Post Comment

X AI for vanilla AoM

Author File Description
kalus AoMX AI for vanilla AoM

This is the original AI from the AoM:TT X-Pack for vanilla AoM. I have changed only a very
few lines of code in the original files. I have mainly added one file that serves as a stub for all
atlantean-related stuff and three new system calls.

This AI can beat the original AoM AI as well as Battlemachine A.I. and Admiral A.I.
It can deal with all standard AoM maps. The script still contains all x-pack-related stuff like the attempt to build classical settlements, build
titans all the atlantean-related stuff. All these things will not work of course.

The main differences compared to the original AoM AI are:
- Completely new, better, more robust economy.
- Better trading.
- Easier custumization through the use of Captn_Kidd's "AI for scenarios" loader-layer.
- Mode different characters.
- It should, as far as I have seen in the code, react to player wonders, although I have not tried out yet...
- Destroys enemy obelisks.
- Completely new behaviour on maps like nomad, team migration and vinlandsaga.
- Tons of small changes that make this AI very fun, even for those who do not have the X-Pack.

Known issues:
- Sometimes the AI has no name, because some of the name id's in the AI xml files are undefined.

If you have questions, contact me at kalus@in.tum.de

Enjoy, Georg Kalus :)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
agslin I downloaded the file, but could not install it because it is packaged as an EXE file, which makes me paranoid.

Why not provide the files as a ZIP?
kalus
File Author
You can open the exe with WinZip (rightclick on the file and choose "Open with WinZip" instead of "Open"). Then you need to extract all *.xs and *.xml files in the archive to your ($YOURGAMEDIR)/ai folder. I hope this hint can relieve your paranoia a little bit :-)
peterpurvis2003 hi where do i save this file?? i dont know much about computers so do a step by step guide plz
kalus
File Author
@peterpurvis2003: There is a readme file included in this zip-File. It contains an installation guide.
peterpurvis2003 ok thanks.
how do u make the titans????
Smonocco the titans r only in the titans expansion.
littlelamb Just letting you know. I used WinRAR to open the file but there was no read file, only the exe file. Fortunately I do know how to work the exe file.

For some reason there is no aomxdefaultai.xs showing in the AI folder when I play the Titan game, so I have been selecting aomdefaultai.xs. My enemy builds large armies and will defend if I attack his settlememt but will no attack my settlement. Most annoying. I can only hope that this file solves my problem

[Edited on 01/03/15 @ 08:35 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:2,332
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:402.05 KB