New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Sorcery: Revamped

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Sorcery: Revamped

Author File Description
Istari
File Details
Version: AoM
You are Agamemnon, a jack-of-all-trades, selling your services to people in need. You left your simple village far to the south and decided to travel the world for a taste of adventure. Roam the countryside at your will and assist people you meet on your journeys. Note: This is basically the same scenario as 'Sorcery' original, but with many more features.

Sorcery: Revamped features:
- night/day cycle
- nearly 4 dozen quests
- take on quests to earn money
- hire mercenaries
- upgrade yourself
- 3 possible outcomes
- teleportation between towns for easy transit
- Guilds to join
- cinematics
- quest difficulty ratings for easier gameplay
- much more...

NOTE: You MUST read the Sorcery:Revamped 'Readme' file before playing. It contains instructions on how to install as well as quite a lot of tips and background plot information.

This scenario proudly recieved the honour of appearing in Gamestar Magazine, Germany's biggest PC gaming magazine.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
EaZy
(id: EazY_Ben)
Playability: 5
A brilliant scenario, it will keep you amused for hours. Lots of different missions to do and all sorts of upgrades to buy make this scenario really fun. The only problem i found is that the gate of troy at the start is a bit weird, the terrain need smoothing, but this scen is great!

Balance: 5
The scenario is not too easy or hard. Its just right. Some quests are harder than others, and i really liekd the way you could hire people and get paid.

Creativity: 5
Lots of origianal and cool ideas in this scenario. Like the transition between night and day and so forth.

Map Design: 4
The map was great, it fitted in well with the scenario and had quite alot of interesting features and eyecandy. It could have done with a little more, which stops it from getting a 5 rating.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story I thought was cool. Infact there are lots of stories, in the seperate quests. Top stuff..

Additional Comments:
A really great scenario with lotsa of origianal features and a great story

[Edited on 05/25/06 @ 04:58 PM]

The_Cyclops Playability: 5
This scenario made me stay on the PC for hours, the ideas were awsome, how did you come up with the mass of ideas? plz could you email me with some ;) (ps. the town center in the first city is a bit funny; it makes any units going past halt and get stuck (well, for me anyway))

The balance was good, it was'nt too easy, I like that :)

Creativity: 4
For creativity I gave a 4 simply because there are plenty more RPG's around, though this one got my attention ;)

Map Design: 4
The map design was good, but nothing special. Though I especially like all the realms how they blended in (eg. The Volcano with Theiris, and circes realm)

Story/Instructions: 5
Must have a 5 here plenty of Storys, plenty of instructions. A job well done!!

Additional Comments:
Keep up the good work (maybe you'll end up working for ESO)
lol!!

[Edited on 02/11/04 @ 09:54 PM]

coxy65
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
The playability was very good but there was a small disadvantage I didn't really like-you spent a lot of time walking around (the wells of urd were very helpful though) but otherwise very good with no bugs.

Balance: 4
This was a moderatly difficult scenario but I think it should be a bit harder because of the great storyline.

Creativity: 5
Very good! There was heaps of small missions and a number of endings. Also the Map was very creative :)

Map Design: 5
Very good with some nice forests,deserts and other things. The map looked really good and I especially liked the greek town.

Story/Instructions: 5
Exellent story and lots of nice little missions. I also like the endings and the instructions were very helpful. A very good RPG

Additional Comments:
This map is worth downloading although it went a bit slow on my computer due to the number of triggers and eye candy.
Archaeopterix
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design2.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 3
There was a lot of walking to do, even though you planted those url-wells. This made the game kinda slow, and it cost me effort to complete it. There are very long roads, which I wouldn't have mind if only there was enough map-candy, but apperantly there wasn't. Also, the click-to-talk "bug" was a bit irritating, although I got used to it. Any ideas what the reason of this buggy is?

The balance was just right: quests varrying in difficulty, from just-not-too-easy-to-be-boring to just-not-too-difficult-to-quit-playing. In two words: Good job.

The plots are nice, and so are most of the quests. The idea of "wizzards", and the little prequal in the readme file are really nice. At one thing the story lacks creativity a bit though: A hero, tired of his home town, is bored of life and moves out looking for quests... Not very 'renewing', IMO. But over-all It's worth a 4.

Map Design: 2
I'm sorry, I didn't really like the map design. The map looked too much like a computergame to make me really feel 'at home' in it. In example: It looks like you randomly placed an animal here n there, just to fill up gaps, while instead you could have placed GROUPS of animals, near logical positions, like a lake, or some nice bushes, whatever. Also the towns were kinda boring (especially when the wood-gatherers run out of wood: next time have them work at farms :S). To make a town look nicer, place some more buildings, and let them partially overlap. Next to this there are too many open places: place some small groups of like 5 trees randomly in open places, and it looks more natural. I'm sorry, no higher than a 2.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story is good enough to be enjoying, and the instructions given were clear enough, so I give you a 4 for this.

Additional Comments:
A great scen, but next time (and I really hope there'll be a next time!), please spend some more effort in the map design. It really was the only point that was lacking a bit... Good job!
Angasalinas Playability: 3
I'm sorry, I gave you an average for playability. It is just like Age of Empires,etc. in regards to playability. It was a long hike to get from the exotic animal menagerie to the ice world up in the north. I also would have liked it better if each quest was sort of written for you in the objectives file as you received it. I ended up with so many quests that I lost track of what I was doing!
Balance: 4
don't know what to say here, sorry.
I thought the whole idea was pretty neat, I DID like the quests and all, don't get me wrong...just lost track of them all.
Map Design: 3
very steep hills that my characters kept trying to climb for some odd reason. Smooth the hills a little, they're too sharp.

Story/Instructions: 3
I like the story, the instructions were good except that I, with a head like a sieve, forgot what the mission was or I'd start and end it, but forget who gave it to me...so I didn't get my reward sometimes.
Additional Comments:
Nope, no more comments

[Edited on 05/21/06 @ 10:41 AM]

Nienor I'm stuck at second Black Scimitars quest- 'Meeting'. Whatever I do, nothing happens with this group of people just standing there, i can't get any dialogs out of them. is it my mistake, or is it a bug?
Istari
File Author
The 'meeting' quest is the one where you infiltrate the meeting of the Black Gauntlet, right? (I haven't played this in a while!)The meeting takes place on the road north of Usyblot, by the ruined Gate of Troy. You should just walk over there, and you'll see some Black Gauntlet horsemen - they'll talk to you, and then attack you...
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
man, this game is maad long! ver very entertaining though. I thought Istari left aom since he didnt reply for a long time ago. are you active on the scenario design discussion? are you Silver Istari?

I have really done a lot of stuff in this scenario. i'm less than half way done. I just saved to continue later. this scenario is endless which is good. nice job. must have taken you like months to do this! maybe i'll review it.

[Edited on 01/20/04 @ 12:29 AM]

Istari
File Author
Hey! Thanks for the complement. Yeah, I haven't been on the forums for a while. I'm just completing a scenario based on 'The Hobbit'. And you're right this scenario sure took a long time!
D3mOn BEST EVER!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.2