New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Sorcery: Revamped

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Sorcery: Revamped

Author File Description
Istari
File Details
Version: AoM
You are Agamemnon, a jack-of-all-trades, selling your services to people in need. You left your simple village far to the south and decided to travel the world for a taste of adventure. Roam the countryside at your will and assist people you meet on your journeys. Note: This is basically the same scenario as 'Sorcery' original, but with many more features.

Sorcery: Revamped features:
- night/day cycle
- nearly 4 dozen quests
- take on quests to earn money
- hire mercenaries
- upgrade yourself
- 3 possible outcomes
- teleportation between towns for easy transit
- Guilds to join
- cinematics
- quest difficulty ratings for easier gameplay
- much more...

NOTE: You MUST read the Sorcery:Revamped 'Readme' file before playing. It contains instructions on how to install as well as quite a lot of tips and background plot information.

This scenario proudly recieved the honour of appearing in Gamestar Magazine, Germany's biggest PC gaming magazine.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gun head Why does nobody realise that the entire map has no overlapping buildings and that the arena is puny?
Balduran656 I couldn't download it;apparently it wasn't a valid archive.
The Xurdin Playability: 5
I liked the intros to the new cities.

Balance: 5
I go with Eazy on this one.

Creativity: 4
Very fun to play, because it was very creative!

Map Design: 4
There were some walking problems I found, but other than that it was good!

Story/Instructions: 4
The Story was awethome.

Additional Comments:
Very nice scenario!

[Edited on 10/05/06 @ 09:56 PM]

papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
The above review has been removed because it does not comply with our Review Guidelines.
wefighttoplightB nice scen thanks for still making some on regular AoM, im afraid if i bought AoMTT my computer couldn't handle it
Stasgard Playability: 5
I found this scenario to be extremely playable. The missions where all fun and made perfect sense to the overall scheme of the game. The free roaming capabilities and sudden appearing of enemies and the Bandit with the manticores where all great.

Balance: 3
This is the one part of your scenario that was a bit of a let down. I found that the game was slightly repetitive. There were no variations to gameplay. IT was all fighting in the missions. Either that or long walks, LOTS of long walks.

The storyline was one that i have never seen anything like before. The endings were all great especially the one where you work for Bither. I never say the ending to that coming. However i found that it could have been improved if you had been able to betray who you were working for at some point. Well done none the less.

This was awesome! The map was superbly constructed and although it followed the basic layout of a RPG (Big City, Desert area/City, Snow are/City) it was still brilliantly done and they changed from one area to the other so subtely that you could barely tell it was happening.

Story/Instructions: 4
This was probably my favourite part. The storyline was superb, the ability to choose your allegience gave it definite replay value! The missions were clear and the flare left no mistake in your mind as to what you had to do. However in the second part of joining the thieves i couldn't figure out how you were meant to spy on the group of cavalry -.-

Additional Comments:
This is a great scenario. I hope you continue to make scenarios of such a high calibre. One issue though is when i was working for the shadow mages and i went through the adamant gate i couldn't find Circe. I killed all her units and destroyed the buildings but she was a no show. :(

[Edited on 10/07/08 @ 09:58 PM]

VernacularPigeon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
I found the scenario very refreshing. The amount of quest and inclusion of guilds made the map highly replayable. The game that could be played with the nomads was quite fun.

Balance: 5
There were some easy quests and some hard quests, but once you managed to get a few mercenaries, the game became a bit too easy. Still, upgrading and collecting mercenaries was hard enough to keep it balanced.

While the story was rather generic, Bitther's story weas interesting and had an unexpected ending.

The map was not spectacular, but it was not an eyesore. It had just enough detail to make a 4, but this was the weak spot of the scenario.

Story/Instructions: 5
The document included with the download was a great help, as much for the guilds descriptions as well as the rating of a quest's difficulty.

Additional Comments:
Overall, this scenario was quite fun. I'm looking forward to any more you might produce.
Pages: « First « 1 2 [3]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.2
Balance4.3