Download File Post Review Post Comment

World Map V2X

Author File Description
CheeZy
(id: CheeZy monkey)
File Details
# of Players: 8
Version: AoM: The Titans
This is kind of a "re-release" along with some changes and other goodies. World Map VX has been addapted to The Titans and issues from the previous version have been fixed

The Changes in V2X are:
-*Addapted the map for the Titans*
-Redid some of the map
-Fixed some bugs I've known about for a long time but didn't fix
-Lowered File size by nearly 100KB Yay

For those of you who haven't played the first version, here are the map's features:

-a Geographicly acurate portrait of the world

-a 50 minute spanning day-to-night cycle using the VX lighting pack. (So yes, you can play at night, which alot of people I'm sure would want to do)

-Eye candy tid-bits worked in to the map, such as tents, abandoned settlements, waterfalls, and even a quary

-Hidden surprises - look under a tent to see whats inside, loot relics from pyramids, and an apearance by the killer giant duck billed platypus, a near extinct animal. Infact theres only 3 of them in the world.

-Audio atmosphere - theres about 20 triggers in the World Map that control the sound in the game.

-Balanced start out - Everyone starts on a small island with a Roc Transport. Everyone also gets 2 sets of the Vision godpower to help them choose a location inwhich to settle in.

-Smooth Map Layout - the map is designed to be played like a Random Map, meaning that there are fair settlement areas throughout the map, along with rescorces and terrain elements to take advantage of in the surroundings. The map is tweaked to be fair from almost every place.

-Terrain Elements - theres cliffs, hills, ditches, rivers, lakes, more cliffs, mountains, valleys, and tundras, all transitioning smoothly throughout the map. Terrains blend, shorelines blend, hills transition, everything looks good more or less.

-Overall theres been more than 60 hours of work on my acount spread out over 6 months to finish this world map. Was it a waste of time? Not really, and it didn't take that much time, just maybe 3 hours work a week.
I spent alot of time trying to keep the file size small and have found quite a few genious ways to do that. Right now the map is 750KB, it would probably be around 1.5MB had I not taken any steps to keep the KB low.

Good news everyone, you can finally play this map online like it's meant to be played. Today I discovered that ESO doesn't time out on large file transfers. Although World Map VX was the most downloaded multiplayer map at AOMH, barely anyone played it because of the Time out bug on ESO. This bug is now gone and you can upload the scenario just fine.

Enjoy the map, and lets start seeing some V2X games online now :-)
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
CheeZy
(id: CheeZy monkey)
File Author
If you're reading this, there is a newer version of this map availible - V3X.

Copy and paste this URL into your browser to download it http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2074

[Edited on 06/01/05 @ 11:10 PM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,045
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:785.82 KB