New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Last Stand Retired

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Last Stand Retired

Author File Description
sziggi
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Test your skill on a fixed force map with some build and destroy.Guide general Achilles through battles back to his base where fortifications can be made for the on coming barbarian onslaught. If youve read this far,- then down load this map its worth a play. The part where the enemy fords the river is especially good.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
neverrush Playability: 4
could have been a little more balanced in the beginning

Balance: 3
took me a while to get to the stage where I can sit down and build a base...

Creativity: 4
would have given a 5 except for the lame ending (controlling all town centers?!)

Map Design: 5
great

Story/Instructions: 3
a little bit more spice would be good

Additional Comments:
you know if you sent some barbarians to the first town center (where the wolves went) it would be much harder. I knew from the get go to abandon my original blue town center from and salvage whatever I can to go back

[Edited on 12/01/03 @ 11:41 AM]

sziggi
File Author
How did the difficulty seem. To hard to easy, not enough separation between settings. Realy like to know what was thought. thanks - sziggi Oct 23 04 some one finaly down loaded thankx, I really liked this one I hope someone finds it enjoyable.

[Edited on 10/23/04 @ 01:23 PM]

Wakain
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
(Insert Playability analysis here)
Very well playable,I knew everytime what to do,
sometimes it's hard,the beginning,and later it became more easy.
Balance: 4
(Insert Balance analysis here)
good balanced,but the third fort has to many soldiers defending it,thrilling of course,but it would be better if you let the enemy reinforcements come from another base,where if you'd destroy it,it would stop.
Creativity: 5
(Insert Creativity analysis here)
I don't know how many scenarios like this are on this site,but I thought it was very creative with those skill-points,also the strategic places who were hidden in the map design were great(for instance:the cliffs were you could bring your archers to so they had a perfect shot and a defence worth a king)
Map Design: 5
(Insert Map Design analysis here)
it was a beautiful map,not full of eye-candy,which was good too for it makes the game
a bit easier to move in.but still beautiful enough to make it a 5.further those strategic places which I mentioned by the creativity.
the stone fences at the start were very good for killing all the enemy infantry,Excellent thinking to place them there so you ahd a surviving chance!
Story/Instructions: 4
(Insert Story/Instructions analysis here)
I knew always what to do,however,you talke about the 3rd fort as the hardest(right),but the 3rd fort was the most close to your base,not really logical but still fun though.
and always the Sziggi-spelling errors like "are" for "our" and "bace" for "base",but I think it would be most noobish if I would lower the rate only because your first language isn't english(mine neither),so it stays a 4.
Additional Comments:
when I had to bring the llama caravans to the main base,I had 2 options:through the wildlands,or to a city.
there was nothing I could do by that city,I couldn't enter it for they were neutral to me and I couldn't do anything else.
I don't know what was supposed to happen,so I went through the wildlands.

how to activate the other routes' quest,or whatever it should've be?
sziggi
File Author
Hi Wakain, glad you enjoyed the scn,.I cant quite remember the trick with the two ways to the town center. I will look at it again and see what was the todo with it. Thanks.
kratos210 The file is corrupt
Billakoz16AOMa Your name,(as a creator of ''The Guardians'') always tempts, so i will try the scenario and a review will come up soon.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0