New Files

Single Player Scenarios » KoTM: War of the Crowns

Download File Post Review Post Comment

KoTM: War of the Crowns

Author File Description
Gaurdian_112
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Note: Please read the README file included in this file, it has important info on how to control the zoom levels.

The War of the Crowns is the third and final installment in the successful King of the Mountain Trilogy. Its previous installments, Heroes of Avalon and The Mists of Lothrendell, have both been spotlighted and recieved high ratings.

Story:

The War of the Crowns is the final installment in the very successful king of the mountain trilogy (both parts were spotlighted, and one has recieved a 4.5 rating, while the other remains to be reviewed).

With Thorin's help, Lothrendell was able to escape the wrath of Smaugh. But the war isn't over yet! The dwarves have been attacked as well, and they're blaming men for it. As Smaugh prepares to destroy the armies of men, Thorin must race against time to make peace between the dwarves and men; and continue his quest to kill the evil dragon smaugh.

Thus begins the War of the Crowns: The Crown of the Dwarves, held by King Uri, the Crown of Men, held by King Cato, and the crown of the Mountain, held by the dark dragon Smaugh.

This is Thorin's final chance to defeat Smaugh forever: and restore a lasting peace between his race and that of men.

Prepare for the finale to the greatest adventure ever told...

Features:

- A Huge 512 X 512 map with eye-candy from the very begining to the very end.

- Exciting, challenging puzzles!

- A mix between RPG and RTS.

- Varying difficulty from the begining to the end.

- An interesting story-line and an exciting finish to the trilogy.

- Two zoom levels: RPG Zoom and the Normal one!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
waveslave
(id: waveslave610)
Playability: 5
With the ability to talk to villagers, zoom in to RPG mode and back, undertake minor side quests, the playability is perfect.

Balance: 5
The difficulty is all the same throughtout the game, thus, balanced :).

Creativity: 5
Although their is a connection to the Hobbit, there is no movie to rely on and he takes the Hobbit concept and creates another Tolkien universe :), which hasn't been seen in much LOTR scen's.

Map Design: 5
As always in the trilogy, the map design in KOTM is excellent. Especially the towns.

Story/Instructions: 5
This story is adapted by the Hobbit, but taken by his own mind to a different view of the event.

Additional Comments: Hmmm..Additional things I like about it/ the music, the cinematics(especially the opening scene). I also like trilogys, DL this now! (but first DL the first 2 to get the effect)

[Edited on 12/27/03 @ 06:20 PM]

Gaurdian_112
File Author
Nice review!

[Edited on 12/04/03 @ 09:50 AM]

Atlas12888 Playability: 5
Excellent. The zooming ability and the ability to talk to villagers is, as aforestated, wonderful.

Balance: 5
A very nicley balanced game. Challenging, but not imposible.

Creativity: 5
A very creative game. ( although you might have wanted to change the dragons's name). But still very worthy of a five.

Map Design: 5
This map was the best I have ever played on. Painstaking attention to detail as well as a nice balance of eye-candy make the map design quite possible the best element of the game

Story/Instructions: 5
Beautiful story, you carried it very well over these three scenarios. the instuctions were very easy to follow.

Additional Comments:
Saving the best for last, I see. This is, quite possibly, the best scenario I have EVER played. My hat's of to you!

[Edited on 12/07/03 @ 12:46 PM]

Gaurdian_112
File Author
:).

Man, you guys make me feel like designing another trilogy. lol.

More reviews! :D..Wanna see double the amount Avalon got.
Atlas12888 I would love to see another trilogy! KoTM was the BEST.
P.S. If you could tell me how you enlarge or shrink things, I would appriciate it
Gaurdian_112
File Author
Click on the unit then press K to enlarge and Shift-K to make them smaller.

I'm going to announce my new trilogy soon:). Thanks for the wonderful feedback, hope everyone else gives me this good ratings.
Atlas12888 Thanks Guardian I appriciate your help and your wonderful scenarios. Looking foward to the next trilogy; :)
William Yeats Oh my god!
I get how make things larger or smaller!
William Yeats Where do you know these skills?
Please tell me! I still want to know how to make things lie down. Do you know the way? Please tell me!
Gaurdian_112
File Author
lol william..

You can't do that really unless you download the map editor patch by cheezy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0