Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » Text Editor - Updated data.vdf for Titans

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Text Editor - Updated data.vdf for Titans

Author File Description
Mr_Sardonicus This is a replacement file for the existing data.vdf file that normally installs with Vachu's AoM Text Editor.

Note: Back-up your existing data.vdf file before using this one. Especially if you've already made AoM modifications.

To Use:
-------
Unzip this file to the folder where you have Vachu's AoM Text Editor installed.

When you start the Text Editor, you will see all the new text strings that were added with the Titans expansion. You can use the Text Editor just as you did before to add new text or edit existing text in the game.

When you save your changes, they will get saved to the language.dll file in the Age of Mythology folder. The data.vdf file also gets updated.

Once the language.dll is saved, use Windows Explorer to rename the file as xpacklanguage.dll and your modifications will appear during gameplay.

Important: Also back-up your original language.dll and xpacklanguage.dll files.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
xentelian Ah yes.
But is there a way I can convert a .dll into .vdf? (the other way)

I like my xpacklanguage.dll file the way it is at present and I have another editor I use to edit the dll directly, but it is not as user friendly as Vochu's.
Esus_ I've had this since its been out and I've been stumped as to why nothing I did showed up in game, but thank god I came back here to read what you said, I had never renamed my language.dll to xpacklanguage! Thank you so much Mr. S.
G O D Reunited ^^ Me too! Thanks!
aloneinshadow I keep editing it and renaming it just like I'm supposed to but I still can't get the strings to show up in the game. I can't figure it out to tell you the truth. Any guesses?
Age_of_Jerry Does anyone know where to find the
AoM-Text-Editor ITSELF?

Edit: Please can anyone help me.

[Edited on 12/31/05 @ 03:12 AM]

D ni Yeah, I would like help on where to find the actual text editor too.
tanneros yeah, i serched the whole download section and i didnt find it...
random_klingons Where can you get Vachu's AoM Text Editor?

It does not appear to be in the database, I also tried googling it but it wasn't there.
Un4givenOrc I found it easily by Google )

Try this:
http://dodownload.filefront.com/854982//dd59d2e0232c5fa56136678ad05fd9e47ee1ded2675e45b9763b26cb9ee050824f65e98130d37263
Nick The Hun
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
download 1234 xD

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,840