Single Player Scenarios » The Matrix-Reverse-Updated

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Matrix-Reverse-Updated

Author File Description
EaZy
(id: EazY_Ben)
File Details
Version: AoM
Computer hacker Thomas Anderson (Neo) has lived a relatively ordinary life--in what he thinks is the year 1999--until he is contacted by the enigmatic Morpheus and Trinity who lead him into the real world. In reality, it is 200 years later, and the world has been laid waste and taken over by advanced artificial intelligence machines. The computers have created a false version of 20th-century life--the "Matrix"--to keep the human slaves satisfied, while the AI machines draw power from the humans. Anderson, pursued constantly by "Agents" (computers who take on human form and infiltrate the Matrix), is hailed as "The One" who will lead the humans to overthrow the machines and reclaim the Earth.

However, a temporary glitch in the Matrix Has caused Neo, Morpheus and Trinity to be transported to a hostile agent training program called 'Jakija'. The only way out is to complete the challenges you are set by the program. Good luck.

Matrix Reverse contains:

-Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Agent Smith mods all by the awesome Waveslave610!

-6 challenging levels

-600x600 map packed with eye-candy

-Intro cinematic and 2 in-game cinematics

-Cool soundtrack by RATM

-Gripping storyline

-5 secret and hidden parts

-and more...

Only you can decide the world's destiny!!!!

Crew:
EazY_Ben (storyline, scenario, cinematics)
Auron 2 (Map desin, trigger help)
Waveslave610 (Mods)

Playtesters:
Arcticwind7
Scrunchmuppet
Auron 2

To install:
Copy all .ddt files into the textures folder
Copy .scn flies into the scenarios folder
copy RATM matrix theme into the taunts folder.

If you have any questions then feel free to e-mail me:
Yer_nan@hotmail.com

or visit this forum thread:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=16822&f=13,,0,10&st=175

Enjoy

EazY_Ben
And a big thanks to Auron 2 for helping :)

Updated version

p.s: Feel free to review/comment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
I think it would be better if you take off quiality of the soundtrack which might be the reason why this scenario is so heavy! lower the quality of any song you have included so people can downloaded a little easier

you also forgot to make a read me.

[Edited on 01/30/04 @ 08:44 PM]

Auron_
Playability: 3
lets see............the scenario was something that people would enjoy playing. but on the frist challenge, it really becomes no challenge. after you find the villagers, build the towncenter, you can just take your time like i did and make every single improvement, unit and everthing esle possible. and you said to me that you disable the Mythic age. however, it isnt disabled. also, there is still a gap between challenge 1 and challenge 5.

for the first challenge, try and put the player in constad preasure by putting enemies to attack the player one towncenter every certain time so it wont be so easy to beat the first challenge.

there are even more gaps between these two different challenge. you can just chop the forest shown on the picture, and you will get to challenge five.(copy paste link)

http://groups.msn.com/SkycatsFishingClub/nonfishingpics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=47

I was able to move the units which were allowed to be created on challenge one to challenge five which werent supposed to be allowed

Balance: 3
The scenario in general was very challenging. although there were parts like the third challenge where you have to own the plenty vault in order to get to challenge 4. and i wasnt able to buy some units. like the archers or the hoplites. i was only able to buy the Hippikons and the myth creatures and the catapults. but for some reason, i clicked on the other columns, but didnt work. the anubites and theris are so strong. they killed all my units. i was only left with the three main chracters. so, to kill the remaining buildings, i did this:(copy paste link)

http://groups.msn.com/SkycatsFishingClub/nonfishingpics.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=48

Challenge four, doesnt have any enemies, it has some shadows which never attacks. there are also some green ships which didnt converted into player one. so i was never able to teleort.

as soon as you are completed with challenge 1, all of your buildings desappear. but its didnt really worked. i just re-build everything i lost eccept for the towncenter.

Creativity: 5
Well, what can i say, good story and cool mods. and well, the cinematics were okay. but like i told you before, the part of the intro cinematic, where the main characters suddenly appear on another place, with blocks and columns looking different directions. and it looked like they were floating. anyway, i couldnt understand that part.

When you are defeated, a camera cut focus on a part where "the matrix reverse" is spelled with columns which looked very cool. you included a camera cut and the camera cut never stays locked. i dont know if you wanted that though. but it would have looked better if the camera got locked where "the matrix reverse" is spelled. and maybe so faiting colors would make it even better.

the way the game plays in general is mostly of going straight one way. it was a good idea the way you had to buy units when you got to a town.
I think the cities would have needed more interactive environment. most units are standing there.
Here is the bad thing, the civilizations doesnt not have names. and as you start the game, more than a half of players automatically looses. try hidding their status on scenario data.

I didnt liked much the way the ending camera track plays. maybe it would be better to replace it with a camera cut. also, on the fifth challenge, instead of teleporting units from a remote part of the map, you could have used cinematic blocks.

Try disabling the mythic age. or just disable the market so the player is never able to go to the mythic age. also, disable the catapults. this units contains a very great LOS which allowed me to see parts of further challenge.

Map Design: 3
Map design is average. more details on the mountain like bushes, grass would have come better to the map. also, more rough terrain for the mountains too.

And it didnt look good that from Egyptian Terrain, sudennly goes to Erebus Terrain, and so on. the cities were well made. but like i said above, the map and the cities as well needed more details.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story is great. and looked very hard to put on aom. the objectives were clear to understand. it also included spotlight. maybe taking off the spotlihgt picture would make it look better since the spotlight picture you choose didnt look clear.

maybe putting better hints at the beginning where you are teleported as soon as you click the well would have been better. the frist time i played this scenario, i just went straight where the two setnas were standing and i got killed. revealing the area where the setnas are standing will cause the player to think that he is supposed to go to that direction which i think is unfair. in order to begin the frist challenge, you have to go kind of theopposite way from where the setnas are in order to find the villagers and build a TC.

Additional Comments: Include a read me plz. i didnt know how to install the mods. also, i couldnt hear the soundtrack you included. i putted on the sound foldier. but couldnt hear it.

The annoyiance! during the entire game, a message saying. "The matrix made by EazY_Ben MOds by WaveSlave blah blah blah" is so annoying! you get this message too often. you can just mention the credits on the spolight, objectives, intro cinematic or ending cinematic. This message affected in a bad way the part where you have to talk to people. there was one part when one villager was talking "message trigger". and i couldnt finish reading because it got replaced by another message from the credits which repeats too often like i just said above. big problem

this is just my opinion, but i might have been better if you divided the story into different scenarios. it just looked as if you tried to scrumble all together so it could fit on a 600x600 map.

and you should have waited untill i finish playing the entire scenario so i could completaly give you comments about it. i only gave you comments from the beginning part when i was play testing

REVIEW TAKEN OFF BY ME. It wouldnt be fair to review something since i helped on the map design on the updated version of course

[Edited on 02/06/04 @ 03:31 PM]

EaZy
File Author
I can assure you that the mythic aghe was disabled auron. Everything you asked me to change after playtesting i did.

hey, it says how to install up the top^

Also i think its unfair that you haven't included waveslaves cool mods in the review.

[Edited on 01/31/04 @ 04:40 AM]

EaZy
File Author
but thanks for the review anyhow ;)

Keep em' comming ppl ;)

[Edited on 01/31/04 @ 04:32 AM]

Auron_
remember that gap between challenge 5 and 1? you did close it but there is still a little gap where i could use the tranportship and ungarrison units on that part.

and even if you included the read o the descritption, you should always include a read me with the files.

but you if you disabled the mythic age, how come i went to the mythic age? maybe if you put a trigger disabling the mythic age, it might had not worked. I checked the triggers and i think i couldnt find a trigger that diabled the mythic age. i'll check again later.
neverrush I got to Mythic too. Plus I started building my base before talking to the old man and was ready for the enemy. Used omniscence too (which should be disabled) towards the end just to see what's going on.
The other frustrating thing is the transportation--I have to tried several times before having all 3 characters transport between missions just because they weren't in the right place, or the plenty vault wasn't converted by all 3 at the same time, or I moved them and clicked on the column between 4 and 5.
PuzzledMega morpheus got stuck by the cliffs near the river... I couldn't get him out. Also, when i get to the second mission, the units aren't healed, so is really hard for me to beat the ornlu mission
EaZy
File Author
What you should acctually do is not use the heros in the first mission. you need them to have a lot of health....also, has anyone completed it yet?
Auron_
i did. but i had to cheat after i got to challenge 4. because i scout all the area and didnt know what to do. so i had to use teh power shifing sands so i could get teleported to other area.

[Edited on 02/01/04 @ 09:09 AM]

compufreak i didn't like it!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown