Random Map Scripts » XR Random Maps

Download File Post Review Post Comment

XR Random Maps

Author File Description
Pascal9872
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
(TT only)
THoR_Pascal_ and Tsunami studios presents random maps XR.

Each of these maps employ the same set of modified rules, described below.

1)Towers and Castles are limited to 4 each on the map at one time.
2)God Powers and consequently the titan gate are disabled.
3)Mercenaries are allowed until you reach the heroic age, at which time you can no longer produce them.

This offers a play experience that puts a little more pressure on you militarily as you can't count on buildings/GPs to bail you out if you get in trouble.

I'd like to offer special thanks to the MAD clan whose ideas for special tournament rules inspired these rms. Thanks also to the entire rms community for all I have learned from you guys.

To install the maps please copy them to your AOMRM2 directory.
The fastrandom_xr.set file will not transfer over ESO, so if you want to do random your oponents have to already have this file and all the files in the random set on their computer. Though the random maps will work when placed in my docsmy gamesAOM rm2 , the set will not work when placed there.(not sure why this is though).

If you have AOM installed in the default directory then you can install all the maps using the install.exe program in this archive.

If you would like add these features to some other existing rms then paste all the code in code.txt into the very beginning of your rms (before void main(void){ ) and then add InjectXS(); to the last line of your rms (right before the closing }).

Enjoy, as always send feedbackbugscomments to fsteven23@hotmail.com
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Counter_Master this is stupid
Pascal9872
File Author
Thank you for your most enlightening feedback. I will be sure to apply that insight into all my future endeavors.
tiefsee Pascal,

Great work man. I am currently working on a Vanilla mode for TT maps, and this has helped me out alot. Thanks much!
M Master
Rating
Rating: 1
I hate it a lot. The rules stink.
Additional Comments:
The rules...I do not like them. Maybe the limiting of the guard towers, but God Powers are what make this game diffrent from AOE, besides the heroes and Myth units. Next, for all you vannila dudes out there...VANILLA CRUD DON'T WORK WITH ANYTHIN' ON HERE BESIDES OTHA VANNILA CRUD!!!
rawUmber
Rating
Rating: 5

This thread is so old I don't know if you'll see this, but, thank you for making this!

This may come as a shock to some: not everyone enjoys a quick game.

Additional Comments:

Thanks again. You rock1

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,154