Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » Peloponnesian War - Titans Edition Version 2 [Build 002]

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Peloponnesian War - Titans Edition Version 2 [Build 002]

Author File Description
Mythos_Ruler
File Details
# of Players: 6
Version: AoM: The Titans
...::: Peloponnesian War - Titans Edition v2 :::...
[Build 002]
By Mythos_Ruler
-----------------

PLAYERS: 6, Teams, Free For All (FFA), or DIPLOMACY STYLE (recommended)

CIVILIZATIONS: Zeus, Poseidon, or Hades (Greeks are HIGHLY recommended as most bonuses can only effect Greek units)

MAP TYPE: Real World, Conquest

MAP SIZE: 821K

INSTALLATION: Unzip the .scx file to the scenario folder of your Age of Mythology directory - C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesAge of MythologyScenario or My DocumentsMy GamesAge of MythologyScenario

SHORT DESCRIPTION: Version 2 of the most accurate ancient Greece map available. Fight the titanic Peloponnesian War as one of 6 ancient Greek city-states, each with its own unique bonuses!

LONG DESCRIPTION: This is as accurate to the terrain of ancient Greece as is possible in the Titans scenario editor, so accurate, even unclaimed settlements are in place of real ancient cities. Each player plays as one of 6 historical city-states (Athens, Sparta, Thessaly, Eretria, Elis, and Corinth). Each player has its own unique set of bonuses based on historical records and good gameplay. Advancement is very fast with more starting resources than a supremacy game, but less than a Death Match. Researching upgrades is also nearly instantaneous once the upgrade has been selected.

GLOBAL ATTRIBUTES:
1.) Research Rate multiplied by a factor of 25. No waiting for that tech to reach 100%!
2.) All walls and buildings are beefed up considerably.
3.) Cavalry speed increased across the board.
4.) Population cost for Hoplites reduced by 1.
5.) Population cost for Triremes reduced by 1.
6.) Range for Juggernauts increased considerably, but Population Cost increased +1.
7.) Town Centers at or near 10,000 Hit Points(HPs).
8.) Town Centers now grant more population cap.
9.) TITANS DISABLED.
10.) HOUSES DISABLED.

PLAYER ATTRIBUTES:
1.) Athens - Very strong Walls. Excellent Triremes. Starts with a free Naval Shipyard.
2.) Sparta - Hoplite pierce armor increased substantially. Free copper armory upgrades. Barracks HPs increased. Barracks pop bonus. Starts with a free Barracks.
3.) Thessaly - Significant Farming and Husbandry bonuses. Cavalry attack and speed increased. Starts with a free Stable.
4.) Eretria - Significant Fortress and Siege bonuses. Transport garrisoning increased. Starts with a free Fortress.
5.) Elis - Granted favor every minute by Zeus. Very strong heroes and Myth Units. Starts with an additional Temple.
6.) Corinth - Free storehouse and market upgrades. Archer range increased greatly. Archery Range pop bonus. Starts with a free Archery Range.

GAMEPLAY HINTS:
1.) Since houses are disabled, Population Cap is determined solely by the number of TCs under a player's control.
2.) There are 5-6 TCs available per player. Grab as many TCs as possible to gain an edge.
3.) TCs are also important, because most of the gold on mainland Greece is situated at or near unclaimed sttlements.
4.) The islands surrounding Greece are rich with RELICS, SETTLEMENTS, and GOLD.
5.) The waters surrounding Greece are also rich in FISH. Control of the sea could be very important to the outcome of the game.

VERSION 2 FEATURES & FIXES:
1.) All 6 players are now RANDOMIZED between the 6 available city-states at the start of the game!
3.) CUSTOM RELICS based on ancient Greek history!
4.) EARTHQUAKE ZONES... watch out!
5.) Herdable animals are now guarded by their owners!
6.) Sea Monsters are now even more FIERCE and DEADLY!
7.) MORE historical factoids!
8.) The Gods intervene more often when you SLAY a beast!
9.) All players start the game with their own GENERAL ("Strategoi" in Greek)!
10.) Destroy a Persian TENT to find Persian GOLD inside!
11.) Discover an Ambrosian Spring! (Those who know Greek mythology will understand)
12.) Players start with a BONUS building that hints at their city's primary focus in battle.
13.) Hoplite Pop Cost for SPARTA now back to 2.
14.) Toxote range increased by +5 over previous version.
15.) Hypaspists beefed up vs. Hoplites.
16.) Terrain textures mixed a little more for visual variety.
17.) Terrain Elevation tweaked to help reduce the minimal lag from v1.
18.) Juggernaut range bonus fixed.
19.) LOS issues fixed with bonused ranged units.
20.) Triggers optimized better than previous map versions.
21.) All players may now read what their city's bonuses are.
22.) Added a brief historical overview of the Peloponnesian War in the "Spotlight" section of the Objectives.
23.) Increased cost of Farms.
24.) Plenty Vault and Healing Spring now cast at DELPHI and OLYMPIA.
25.) Opening Cinematic removed in order to facilitate quicker gameplay and reduce lag.

26.) Dozens more features and fixes!

VERSION 2.0 BUILD 002 FIXES AND TWEAKS:
1.) Fixed the "Persian Tent/Gold" bug caused by the "Create Unit" trigger.

CREDITS:
Thanks to CheeZy [aka CheeZy_Monkey] for applying his file size saving techniques (the original map size was over 1MB!).
Thanks to nifty_PS2MAN and ElfTheHunter for assisting in balancing discussions and feature suggestions.

Thanks to the members of AMBITION DESIGNS for VERSION 2.0 playtesting.

Any questions, comments, or bugs, e-mail me at:

Mythgamer@aol.com (also my MSN Messenger account)
or
michael@wildfiregames.com

Further Discussion on the AOM Heaven Discussion Forums here:
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=19603

I hope you enjoy the map!

Mythos_Ruler
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Counter_Master sounds great mr. michael

[Edited on 03/25/04 @ 08:47 PM]

Il_Roxy_lI OoO.. sounds pretty cool! I definitely will try this out :).

[Edited on 03/26/04 @ 01:07 AM]

Il_Roxy_lI
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Very easy to play. No bugs or flaws that are apparent, and though it is a large map, it doesn't lag!

Balance: 5
The city-states are all balanced beautifully. One may be stronger in walls, and another in siege weapons. No matter who you are, no city-state has an exceedingly strong advantage or is overpowered (despite what people might complain about if they lose)

Creativity: 5
Even though there are many different versions of WORLD MAP, or parts of the world, this is very unique. Not only did he take the time to name EACH settlement after a historical area in Greece, he added informative FACTOIDs in that never repeated! VERY CREATIVE!

Map Design: 5
An excellent replica of ancient Greece. There are islands off the mainland that can be inhabited. Even put some mythology in the seas and land!

Story/Instructions: 4
Though the game is pretty straight-forward, and historically accurate, it would have been helpful to know what each city-state had as an advantage. Even though there is a read-me, the players who download it from the host are clueless about these, unless the host tells them *which most hosts are too lazy to do, anyway*. If he could add in-game information on each of their attributes then this scenario would be perfect!!

Overall:
GREAT GAME! Everyone should try it, it is definitely worth their time.
Mythos obviously put much time and effort into this creative scenario. If he could add in a minor, but important factor: in-game help, I would rate this a 5! :O

[Edited on 03/26/04 @ 01:31 AM]

Mythos_Ruler
File Author
Thanks for your comments. I will take all input very seriously! I will definately add the "Player Bonuses" info into the game in some way in the next version. Thanks for the input!

Check this thread out for more screenshots! http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,18727,0,10

[Edited on 03/26/04 @ 04:10 AM]

reach268 this map is great.well it is a huge map with loads of soul. u got all the monsters in the sea making it fell like your going on a adventure,every island has a myth unit/hero guarding the relics on it and almost all things on the map at the start have been renamed. also the general research of getting all those factoids together. once i've played it online i'll reveiw.
nifty_PS2MAN Good map

But unfortunatly Player 2 is unstopable as Zeus due to him having uber hoplites andyway the bonus makes em more uber

You ever tried beating thoose 1 pop monsters? its impossible when zeus can get Bronse and restoration!! my Ally took out everyone once he got to mythic!!!

Prehaps increasing The population cost back to 2 for player 2?

Also Player 6 needs more range, 2+ range isnt a great bonus Prehaps giving him 5x the trade cart move speed bonus and //or 4 more range would help it

Also it would be good if you put some Custom Relics in Which represent Technologies // descoveies // tatics used in that war and have a bonus granted as reuqired

Theres a thread somewhere on custom relics be sure to check it out!!

Also on Par with the whole Realistic units thing why not modify the toxetoes to have a base range of 20?

But as for the map Itself I Deem it exelent

Kodos to you
Mythos_Ruler
File Author
Thanks for the comments! Very interesting feedback, I think. You might be right about the Uber hoplites for Sparta (player 2). I think your suggestion for restoring the default pop cost for hoplites for player 2 only would balance them better. I will run it by some forumers to see what they think. I also like your idea regarding increased range for archers. Perhaps a 20+ range for archers could be balanced by a slower firing rate (more realistic anyway!).

As I said before, all this feedback is great! I thank you all for helping me make Titan Version 2 even better than this version. I am continuing to tweak the map and will release a version 2 in the future.
nifty_PS2MAN if you want i could help with the tweaking

Just ask and i'll alter it and send it to you on ESO
Capodegotz124 Playability: 5
Very nice, love the new settlement names

Balance: 5
Good Startin positions, spartas hoplites are a little powerful but I play as sparta so

Creativity: 4
Nice

Map Design: 5
Nice and accurate, very nice. The one thing is that some settlements are too close to th the startpositions, but I fixed that.

Story/Instructions: 4
Good, and explanation of what bonuses ingame would be nice, but I don't play multiplayer (I made it a single player map) so it don't matter much to me. Very nice map.

Additional Comments:

[Edited on 04/10/04 @ 08:26 PM]

Mythos_Ruler
File Author
Know what? I encourage others to make their own tweaks for single player, but please, rename the file with "yourname edit" or some such, so that there are no players when playing the map online with others who might then have a different version than yours. Thanks. :)

BTW - if anyone wants to play this online, my ESO name is Mythos_Ruler and my MSN Messenger name account is mythgamer@aol.com

[Edited on 04/01/04 @ 06:04 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0