Motsognir the Mighty Modpack

Author File Description
King Jared
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MOTSOGNIR THE MIGHTY Modpack - By King Jared
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This modpack adds King Motsognir, mightiest of all the dwarves, to the AGE OF MYTHOLOGY: THE TITANS unit lineup. It allows players using the Norse civilization to research and train the powerful hero at their Temple in the Mythic Age, as well as upgrade him with several custom technologies. The unit itself has two versions: a fast-moving, agile one, and a slow-moving, powerful one. Players can transform the unit from one version to the other at any time, at a small cost of resources, namely Gold and Favor. Each version, agile and strong, has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Like all Norse military units, the hero can build all of the Norse buildings (except the farm). Motsognir is based on the animations of the SPC Eitri unit.

--------------------
Modpack Features
--------------------

~> Double-resolution standard textures.
~> Cinematic texture. Replaces Eitri's Granny texture.
~> Two interchangeable unit versions: agile and strong.
~> Two customized unit upgrade technologies.
~> Customized ProtoUnit stats for each unit.
~> Modified ProtoUnit stats for the Temple unit, allowing the unit to be trained.
~> Modified Mythic Age technologies, also allowing the unit to be trained.
~> Unit and technology history information, based (loosely) on the works of the Poetic Eddas.
~> Customized unit sounds.
~> Customized unit icons.
~> DLL defined names and rollover text.

Also included are screenshots of the unit, the ProtoUnit stats on a separate text
document, the TechTree stats separate, and a backup xpacklanguage.dll, along with the
installer itself.

The modpack project site is here...

http://king_jared_1.tripod.com/motmod.html

Any questions or comments, e-mail me at...

big_vitt@hotmail.com

Enjoy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
faninneed it seems pretty cool.

I was one of the first people to down load it too.

So can i ask you how the heck do i install this.

Maybe there is something you could refer me to. Please i need help.
Force of Light can you please include the items without the auto-installer? my macintosh cannot read .exes.
King Jared
File Author
faninneed, simply double-click the installer and set the correct Age of Mythology folder location. All the files should unpack in the right place, and thus install the unit.

Force of Light, I'm going to leave this one as it is. I could probably send you the files, or even post a Mac-friendly version on my site. We'll see...
SoD_Bich
Rating
Rating: 5
Great Work!

Additional Comments:
Wow again you did it so well
faninneed
Rating
Awesom, dude this is like...can't breath...it was so cool. Also it was so simple to install wich was even better.
Additional Comments:
All hail the King.
Still can you point me to something that will teach me how to install units without autoinstallers.
Thanks.

[Edited on 03/28/04 @ 12:44 AM]

King Jared
File Author
faninneed, it's pretty simple to install modpacks, even without an auto-installer. You just have to know which files go into which subdirectories in the Age of Mythology folder. Most submissions will have the proper folder locations (I'd think), but I'll do a quick rundown of the most common files.

The proto(x).xmb/xml, or the techtree(x).xmb/xml will go in the .../Age of Mythology/data folder. Any files with ..._anim.txt go in the .../anim folder. Any files with DDT as the extension generally go in the .../textures folder, unless it's got, say, "icon" in the title. Those'd go in the .../textures/icons folder. Any files with ..._snds.xmb/xml, or the SoundSets(-xpack).xmb/xml, or custom WAVs go in the .../sound folder. Any history texts go in the .../history for AoM, or .../history2 for AoMx, plus the .../units or .../techs subdirectories. And the (xpack)language.dll simply goes in the .../Age of Mythology folder, if included in the modpack. Like I said, those are the most common types of files. There are several others I didn't bother to mention.
MaskMaker does this overwrite your other new units?
King Jared
File Author
It can, MaskMaker. If you know anything about editing the proto, you can add the unit to another edited proto with other modpack units, such as Maximus, and install the other files manually. There are instructions for adding the unit to another proto in the README, but you have to be somewhat familiar with modding to understand them.
Argalius
Rating
The unit looks very good, nice history, nice attacks, very good anim editing and very good texturing. So I couldn't give you anything else then a 5 :)

Additional Comments:
Keep up the good work. :)
Dainman1968
Rating
Cool mod king jared but whats the difference between the agile one and the strong one
Additional Comment
why does the strong one attack so slowly

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics