Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Greek Dream ( V 1.2 )

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Greek Dream ( V 1.2 )

Author File Description
L_J_C
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Just a short cin i made.
Thought id share it....Enjoy.

UPDATED!!!!

Another Update (V1.2)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Leif_Eriksson_ Playability: 3

Balance: 3

Creativity: 5
Oh my gosh, this cinemetic rocks! this is just awesome, only 4 downloads? people download this, it rocks! the music is awesome, i love it. if this is a preview, i cant wait for the real thing! keep up this awesome work man. people download!

Map Design: 5
the map desing is fine, good enough for me, great samll features, birds flying by, clouds. great use of animations! keep on making! a download must!

Story/Instructions: 3

Additional Comments: great cinemetic here guys. good camera shots, music adds to the great effect, this cinemetic rocks! good work!

[Edited on 05/06/04 @ 03:46 PM]

L_J_C
File Author
Thxs for the comments mate :)
Mythos_Ruler Sometimes the number of downloads can be affected by the size of the preview. Custom sounds and music add GREATLY to the over size of the package. A lot of users, including me, are still on dial-up, so a 2.5+MB download can take 10 minutes or more - valuable play time. Regardless, I am downloading the preview as I type and will give you a review as soon as I view it! :) I still hate that there isn't a custom rating scheme for cinematics. >:|
L_J_C
File Author
Sorry mate but without the custom music it wouldnt be half as good.
Leif_Eriksson_ yes the music makes this preview! the sky is also awesome.
acientBLADE1 Playability: 3

Balance: 4

Creativity: 5
Heaps good ,great infact. the music maps it pefect and 10.0 when arkantos attacks kamos,i thought u played to ending to aom's campaign.lol. very creative how you made him rest and made the buildings small to look like its a huge hill.

Map Design: 5
fantasic refer to the ending of Creativity above.

Story/Instructions: 4
easy and simple just a greek dream and peaceful

Additional Comments:
very very good, not to simple and not to hard, can you tell me where u got the music from?

-blade1

[Edited on 05/06/04 @ 03:46 PM]

L_J_C
File Author
The music is the Theme to the movie "Braveheart".
I just got it off WinMX.

Thxs for the comments Blade ;)
Leif_Eriksson_ yeah its strange that the song on this preview is not on the entire braveheart CD
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
I edited the comment into a review.

[Edited on 05/06/04 @ 02:55 PM]

Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
I watched it, L_J_C. And I've to say something about it ;), here we go:

First-off, some bugs/weak spots:
-Eye candy has to be improved, especially in the villages. Use pots, grass, bushes, flowers, tents, torches, flags, carpets etc... The town has to be full of these things.
-Two of the gold miners in the first town are overlapped, looks like a 2-headed human ;).
-The nice view from the cliff down to the second village has one weak spot: You also have to shrink the trees and walls. I tried it, and it looks AMAZINGLY good then, very nice idea!
-Why is there a dock at a small puddle? ;)
-The very first moment in your cin shows a wrong camera cut. Fix that with a run-immediately trigger with a camera cut effect. The cut has to match the first waypoint of your first camera track.
-Kamos jumps into the hill ;).

As you can see, these were only minor bugs. I also have to say some good things:

+You've used "Render Fog/Black Map OFF" ;)
+The music is very suitable for the cin. You picked an amazingly piece of music for it! Very, very, very good!
+The view from the cliff.
+The whole cin had no violence in it (except the short struggle with Kamos)! Very creative to make something like that!
+The ships.
+The skies.
+Talking people.
+Again, the music ;), perfect for a peaceful dream.
+The initial scene with the sleeping Arkantos and the blowing leaves and the gulls.

All in all, I must admit that your cinematic skills have greatly improved since the "The Warriors of Sparta" preview. Very good work apart from some minor flaws, and the most interresting thing: It was violence-free! Very creative! This is also an improvement, since the "The Warriors of Sparta" preview only consisted of huge battles.

Well done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7