Auron_
(id: auron 2)
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
DAY/NIGHT CYCLE TEMPLATE

Author: auron_2
Version: Aom: The Titans

::DESCRIPTION::

features a 100x100 map, with the main triggers which makes a good day/night cycle. Every Lighting contains sounds to make the day/night cycle more enjoyable. It also includes a read me teaching a person how to create their own day/night cycle.

::SUMMARY::

The main lightings that makes a day/night cycle are in this order: Dawn, Day, Dusk, and Night. A day/night cycle gives the scenario a more enjoyable view. In this guide, I'll teach how to make a simple day/night cycle of four different lightings. Of course, you can make a longer cycle by adding different lightings. There are other ways to make a day/night cycle. This is one of the simplest and best way to do it. It consists of five triggers, without the need of looping or doing complicated maneuvering with triggers. You can apply this same method to other things such as making sounds, repeating over and over and units moving from one place to another without stopping. This file also includes my first Random Map Script featuring a starting flat 366x366 size layout to design. It also contains a trigger(Set lighting<Night>).

::HOW TO INSTALL DAY/NIGHT CYCLE TEMPLATE::
• Place the .Scx file into: My documents/My Games/AOT/Scenarios folder

::HOW TO INSTALL FLAT TEMPLATE RMS::
• Place the .XML and .XS files into: My documents/My Games/AOT/rm2

::OTHER INFORMATION::

- www.freewebs.com/smallhours
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
HL_Reaper
Rating
Rating: 5
Good, comes really in handy when you aren't that good at triggers. Good job.
reach268
Rating
Ratinng 5

now my units can fight in the dark!

Additional Comments:
well i tried making a day night cycle but it always went wrong. this is realllllllllly gooooooood if you are new at triggers,making somthing that requires a day night cycle like a RPG guy or if you think it could liven up a scenario. also this idea can easily be converted to sound and music!
Auron_
File Author
thanx for the rating:), didnt expected so high!
Leif_Eriksson_ yeah this is also very handy for people who know all the triggers ;) thats because it takes time to make all the triggers so all you have to do is go hey I have aurons map! so you just work from this template! and you already have easy day night cycle GJ

[Edited on 05/20/04 @ 03:01 PM]

TitanKing1834 i guess im an idiot...lol thank you so much for the where to install folder this is what all you idiots need to people no where to put these files duh lol thx
Auron_
File Author
this file has been updated. now it contains a RMS flat template. read the description above
surf Does this template make all random maps day and night cycle, or just in editor?
surf Sry, nvm my last question :)

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,794
Favorites: [Who?]0