Multiplayer Scenarios » The Forgotten Lands

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Forgotten Lands

Author File Description
AmbitionDesigns
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM: The Titans
Welcome, to the next evolution of multiplayer maps.

Instead of racking up the kills in a symetrical, boring, no eye candy arena, this map is set in the heart of Greece, surrounding the ruined city of Oranthos.
Oranthos was once a prosperous and great Greek city, rivally even the fabled Messenia, but the day came when the larger city state of Sparta would no loner watch Oranthos grow and prosper. Sparta acted, and the burned the city to the ground, along with the surrounding villages and vinyards.
Four seperate groups, each allied to one other, are fighting over the lands near Oranthos, for they want to rebuild the city alone, and in peace.

The Forgotton Lands is a revolutionary Age of Mythology: The Titans multiplayer scenario where players must battle each other across the environment in order to take control of the lands and producing high quantities of food.

The objective is to gather EIGHTY food before your opponents. The first player with 80 food wins the game. To get food, you must control flagged points on the map.
These points include:
The city of Oranthos - grants you 5 food every 5 minutes
The villlage of Pelian - grants you 3 food every 5 minutes
Ferraply Bridge - grants you 3 food every 5 minutes
The Vinyards - grants you 5 food every 5 minutes
Red Deaths Hill - grants you 2 food every 5 minutes
Gorgon Road - grants you 2 food every 5 minutes

Across the treacherous map lies a high number of hidden areas - some of which grant you god powers, some of which grant you valuable resources - exploration of the map is the key.

Teams are automatically concocted through triggers within the game, so fear not who you are allied to before a game starts.

Features:
- Realistic and Eye-candy enriched Greek environment
- A number of strategic map features, such as chokepoints, rivers and cliffs in order for the most tactical mind to come on top in any battle
- Realistic greek hoplite and peltast warfare, each unit modified in order to balance the game
- Usage of civilisation bonuses: Oranos is granted faster soliders whilst Odin is blessed with regeneration)
- A scenario where speed is not the answer - spend ten minutes reading the Objectives, hints and spotlight and still find yourself with a great chance of victory

Screenshots
http://oddworldjunkie.com/screen122227.jpg
http://oddworldjunkie.com/screen122228.jpg

A special thanks goes out to SilencedDisciple and the Ambition Designs playtesting team: The Ambitious.

We hope you can review this scenario.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
i'll give this file a good old long review;-)
Celer Not me, i'm not gonna review . First Download
Sounds good anyway

[Edited on 08/11/04 @ 02:21 AM]

richard2000 yeah ambition designs!!

we will rule all
Leif_Eriksson_ A readme would be nice for n00bs.
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
A fine map, Esus (I guess it was Esus who created it, wasn't it?). I only briefly loaded it in SP mode, but I found some things that I could comment on:

-The Spotlight title mustn't have a full stop after it (titles are never followed by full stops). And you should use an existing spotlight picture; I found "Spotlight_05" the most appropriate. It really improves the layout.
-To set different camera starts for the different players, place a "Camera Start" object for every player in his base. I haven't tested it, but I'm quite sure it works.
-You should convert the flags to the player that owns it at the moment. This would be a better indication to see which player controls the spot. Shouldn't be difficult, only a few "Convert" effects are needed...
-The Chats "Player XY has claimed Spot XY" appear twice when you conquer a spot with one hoplite and one peltast. Maybe you could solve that more elegantly.
-The map isn't revealed at the very beginning of the game. Why? I guess it wouldn't cause lag.
-I don't really like the player bases thing. The players shouldn't be able to attack the bases (although they're nearly invincible), and I guess with a lot of peltasts one could kill the selection hoplites/peltasts. So I'd recommend to cut the bases off the rest of the map, through a cliff with a neutral gate in it or so... Or if you keep it like that, at least round the HP of the walls/guardians to exactly 30,000 or so ;-)... That would look better IMO.

Well, as usual I only stated things to improve. So I've got to say now, that I've got the impression that this is a VERY good MP map. Although I almost never play MP games, I guess this one will definately worth a try. Very creative and with a great map design. Well done.

[Edited on 08/18/04 @ 02:27 PM]

Esus_ Thanks for your generous comments! I'm currently working on a second version, and I'm definately going to put in most of your suggestions (with credit duely given, naturally).

More features I will include:
Making the spawn units harder for the enemy to kill. Currently, if an enemy gets the 3x bolt godpower, he can easily wipe out 75% of all opposition. This will be fixed.

I'm also putting in some suggestions from Mythos_Ruler.
Gr�n
Thank you. I forgot sth: The hint in the objectives screen was to long to be displayed entirely. Is this a matter of the resolution? Mine is 1600*1200. If not, you should shorten it up, so that one will be able to read the full hint.

When is v2 coming out? If it doesn't take too long, I'll wait for it and then have the MP match.

EDIT: Found another thing: The player is able to invoke GPs at the very beginning of the game! This is caused by "Kill All GPs", use "Player Tech Tree Enabled GPs" instead, and set it to "OFF" for every player in a run-immediately trigger. It might not work in MP mode, but just check it out.
Ah, and why do all the statues of Hades belong to player1 (not to player2, too)? I think you should just delete them and put a tower more down for every player.

[Edited on 08/20/04 @ 12:34 PM]

Leif_Eriksson_ Add a readme also and give me credit! I want some credit for such a great awesome map! lol I'm kidding, but it would be nice to have credit because this map is so awesome! I'm not saying to add me to credits I'm just trying to give a compliment :)
Gr�n
I finally played it in MP mode, and I have to add sth: The Restoration GP builds up the destroyed walls and buildings again! Looks strange... Solve this through setting the diplomacy towards Mother Nature to "neutral". Also, I missed the lacking variety of units... I mean, two types of units aren't necessarily fun when you have to use them for 45 mins. The selection system isn't one of the finest, either. Nevertheless, great game, congrats, I'd rate it at 4.2!
Villi Aom player: you forgot to add: peltast>hoplite ;)

" The players shouldn't be able to attack the bases (although they're nearly invincible), and I guess with a lot of peltasts one could kill the selection hoplites/peltast"

Don't forgett the 4 bolts you get ;) *cough* enough to wipe out the team *cough*

[Edited on 09/05/04 @ 12:13 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:329
Favorites: [Who?]0