Download File Post Review Post Comment

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Author File Description
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Details
# of Players: 4 (+4 Computers)
Version: AoM: The Titans
Although this RPG includes some of the basic gameplay (walk through areas and kill lots of enemies) it greatly improves on the former Final Fantasy scenarios in many ways (not to insult anyone). Never again will you be stuck with a unit you don't like! The storyline is also emphasized and is shown through tens of cinematics that occur throughout the game. The map is not just a straight line which you walk through while killing enemies - some levels require you to find relics or navigate through a maze.

The job choosing system is (in my opinion) the main special feature of this scenario. At the start of the game each player chooses a race, and then a job. The race (either Bangaa, Moogle, Human or NuMou) you pick affects which jobs will be avaliable to you. Once you pick a job a unit will appear on the map with the job that you picked. Various jobs are avaliable (Black Mage, Gunner, Animist, Fighter) and they all have different status and can get different god powers. Some jobs have special abilities, for instance the Animist can't attack but can summon myth units to fight. You can change your job throughout the game at anytime you want. Pick a job that is best for the current situation! (Eg. Pick an archer vs infantry, and pick a soldier vs cavalry.)

As you get kills you will unlock advanced jobs! These jobs are stronger than the basic jobs and get better god powers.

The storyline closely follows the Game Boy Advance game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Main characters and bosses can be recognized from the game and the areas are the same (Ulei River, Roda Volcano). Because the storyline follows the GBA game it can get a bit weird... but don't blame me for it. :|

Please tell me if anything goes wrong or you are stuck... I'll try to fix it. This game is a bit long so try to have alot of time ready, or play it with people you can save the game with. Read the notepad file before playing this! Thanks for downloading it .... if you do download it....

Based on Final Fantasy Tactics Advance by Square Enix and Nintendo. I'm NOT doing this for money so please don't sue me!

Edit : This file has been edited.... now the gadgeteer actually does something.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Link12390 Ok, I just tried it... i'll post a review.
Link12390
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 2
Player one cannot make a unit- to me that seems not fair. Either you made it that way or it's a glitch. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR MAPS MORE TO MAKE SURE NOTHING GOES WRONG.

Balance: 4
Seems good, I like how you can delete other people's characters so if the quit or something, well.... yeah.

Creativity: 3
Here I gave you a 3 because this was an exact copy-off of the game. Since you used another idea it's not that great in creativity.

Map Design: 5
LOTS of eyecandy- looks great. I like how you made the different races. But only one thing- perhaps make the morpher look different. In the game-boy game I have a morpher and he looks nothing like that. Also you should add in the "CONVERT" trigger so he can change into an animal if you place an old man on something. This should be specifically for the morpher. Also, you should have to acquire relics (or souls) to let the nu-mou morpher be able to add a new animal.

These are just some cool thoughts that would make this game FANTASTIC!!!

Story/Instructions: 4
A little confusing to install, but overall it seems pretty good.

Additional Comments:Try following a few of these things and this game could be great!

You should also try using triggers to give them special powers, like the Final Fantasy Summons version, with like the healer and stuff.

THIS IS GREAT! Otherwise from pl. 1 not being able to fight, it's a great map! Keep up the good work, dude!
ArchNidhogg
File Author
Hi. Thanks for reviewing :). But player 1 CAN pick a job. After ther other three players save Marche player one gets an old man and can then use that to pick a race, and a job. Player 1 has all the normal abilities of the other players after you save Marche. It would be no fun to host if he couldn't pick...
...Is it ok if you review it again after reading this? Thanks.

[Edited on 09/06/04 @ 09:50 PM]

mastertianmat can you convert it to a single player scenario?
Link12390 When you say "save" do you mean as in save the game?

How'd you do a trigger like that? :o
kilopoli Theres a problem i found: you forgot the race viera.. and the ninja is better as a fanatic (2 swords)But further its a very good scenario.
ArchNidhogg
File Author
Hmmm... I was thinking about putting in vieras but I had too many races already. Too many triggers :|. I could make it a single player scenario if you want.... If I don't get too bored...
You can save the game by going to the main menu and pressing save. If everyone agrees the game will automatically save. To resume the game host a game under the category "resume game" or something like that. You'll need to be in the exact same positions as before though.
Thanks for downloading :).

[Edited on 09/10/04 @ 11:03 AM]

Hikari
(id: echowinds)
btw link, "exact copy off of the game" is sometimes pretty hard to do. You shouldnt give him a 3 for creativity. I mean, it takes some creativity for people to make a game to resemble the real game.

oh ya u should change the playability score too....since player 1 could make unit...

[Edited on 09/17/04 @ 03:32 AM]

Kikko
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Hey, I like this. Lots of options to choose from. Great battle system, should be good to play online.

Balance: 4
The units you get are pretty balanced, and so are the enemies. There are good difficulty, but not impossible.

Creativity: 3
It is a port from the real game, so you don't need to think up a story. However, I do like the way you put it together.

Map Design: 4
There are some nice eye-candy. However, I would like to see a little more, and some parts of the map is boring to look at. TYhe general lay out of the map is good.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story from FFTA is pretty good, and you do have instructions. (Intro Cinematic)

Additional Comments:
This is one of the few good multiplayer game that are made recently.
FatDwalin Playability: 5
WOW! What a great game, I found it so much fun and thoguh it was very playable!

Balance: 5
Good work, very balanced and well thought out, each player had relativley the same strength.

Creativity: 5
Even though it is a game made after another game, it is very well done, it takes skill and creativity to convert a real game into one in The Titans.

Map Design: 5
Wow, really good work, I though it was really smartly planned out, except why on earth are their Achilles on the edge of the map?

Story/Instructions: 5
Very clear well done.

Additional Comments:
I really thought it desrves a "5"

[Edited on 10/09/04 @ 09:20 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account