Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » BAR Loading Mod

Download File Post Review Post Comment

BAR Loading Mod

Author File Description
Ykkrosh Contains aomxmod.exe and barlist.txt, which give AoM the ability to load additional .bar files (intended for handling mods as a single file). Also included is barbuild.exe, to simplify the construction of new .bar files.

For more detailed information, see AoMPlayer000's guide in the modding forum at http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,20347,0,10

Intended for use with AoM:TT version 1.03.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Yay, it's up! I'll post the guide. My computer problem is fixed, BTW.
FlipBizcut
Rating
Rating: 5
Makes installing mods easier and convient...The option to turn mods off without having to completly remove files is a serious bonus...And on top of that you can play on ESO with Out having to uninstall a mod via using the regular AoM.exe.

Additional Comments: It just doesnt get any better then this...Great job guys...Just perfect and long needed.
Gr�n
Yep, Ykkrosh did a great job... I hope many modders/designers will use this new method. I'd rate it at 5 too, but I won't, since I took slightly part in the project, it would be selfish ;-).
Villi WoW
Gr�n
^ I agree. BTW, someone should revive the guide in the forum...
EaZy
(id: EazY_Ben)
Awesome, great work guys! The LOTR podpack wouldn't be here without you :)
Razzia
Rating
Rating: 5
fantastic! This is excellent for use with big mod packs. Take the LOTR modpack...it contains around 80 units, which is several hundred files if you add it all up. With this program, all that you need to do is to place 1 bar file (in the case of our project, we used around 7 or 8, but its possible to just use 1)! As if that's not enough, if you use this to install mods, you can still play one ESO because it uses a different exe program. This is truly a revolutionary mod, which I'm sure will be used by countless modders in the future. Great work Ykkrosh and AoM Player!

edit: you only have to place 1 bar file

[Edited on 10/17/04 @ 12:27 AM]

Gr�n
Nononono!! You use ONE bar, no matter for what kind of files... (So it's even much better!) Read the guide again. Thanks though!

[Edited on 10/14/04 @ 12:08 PM]

Auron_
(id: auron 2)
hahaha razzia. did you even bothered to read aomplayers guide thing for this?

Razzia ooh oops..my bad =)

lol the only time i saw the program in action was with our lotr modpack, where we used around 7 bar files, which is why i thought that it took that many files. I believe they were probably split up because they were so huge.

[Edited on 10/17/04 @ 12:30 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:6,536