Download File Post Review Post Comment

V i m p M e a t

Author File Description
Archaeopterix
File Details
# of Players: 5-10
Version: AoM: The Titans
....:::: VIMPMEAT VERSION 1 ::::....
A scenario by Archaeopterix and Ambition Designs (http://oddworldjunkie.com/ambition/).

....:::: The Scenario In Short ::::....
Wether you are a Meccaryn, a Sea Reaper or the one and only Kabuto, you'll have to struggle for vimpmeat. In this revolutionary ten-player scenario you will be engaged in non-stop tactical battle with great team play, bad-ass spells, and cool features.
If you are a Meccaryn, you can walk, and fly, you can order powers at Smartie Shops and buy a Gyrocopter, and you can use your arrows to aim at Kabuto's weak spot. If you are a Sea Reaper, you can shoot around with your bow and arrow, you can swim in the oceans and walk the islands while slowing time or using your turbo power. And if you are Kabuto, you will be guarding your eggs for helpful offspring, you will use your adrenaline attacks to wreak havoc on the tribes and awww... you'll just eat anything that comes onto your path!

....:::: Features ::::....
Below is a list of most of the revolutionary gameplay elements Vimpmeat uses. It may seem very hard, but the good thing is that gameplay in Vimpmeat is very elementary, and therefore easy to learn. You'll get used to it very soon, and once that has happened you just don't want to stop playing anymore!
In the very rare case that you don't know what to do, just head over to the objectives window and read it all through. But, for you curious guys who like to know the features, read on!

The Players:
- The scenario is playable from 2 to 10 players, granting the most fun with 6 players or more.
- Player 1 is Kabuto, players 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 are Meccaryns, and players 3, 5, 7, and 9 are Sea Reapers. So, it's a 1 vs 5 vs 4 game!
- Each player controls one single unit (with the exception of Kabuto, who can summon offspring). Kabuto controls a Titan, each of the Meccaryns control an Odysseus, and each of the Sea Reapers control a Hippolyta.

The Objectives:
- Gather Vimps (cows) from the local Smartie villages and bring them to your treasury (in the center of your team's base) to recieve 30 food for each Vimp.
- If you die, you will respawn at your base, but only if you have enough food.
- When none of the players in a team can respawn anymore, they will be given 60 seconds to tribute resources to one another to try to have one or two of them respawning again.
- If everyone in a team is dead and nobody can respawn for 60 seconds, the team is defeated.
- When all your enemies are defeated, your team wins.

Miscelaneous:
- An eye-candied map bathing in a fantastic atmosphere.
- A day-night cycle.
- Meccaryns can fly by casting ragnarok.
- Meccaryns can fly near eachother to heal teammates.
- Sea Reapers can swim by walking towards the sea.
- Sea Reapers can use ragnarok for a short speed boost.
- Kabuto can enter Adrenaline Mood by invoking Prosperity to do extra damage.
- Kabuto can cast ragnarok for a temporary speed boost.
- Kabuto can summon offspring. The offspring can swim just like Sea Reapers.
- There are three Smartie Shops on the island selling stuff like a Gyrocopter, the power to Slow Time, or a weapons upgrade.
- As described in the story, the Smartie Ambassador Borjoyzee is living on the island. Both the Meccs and Reapers can capture him and bring him to their treasury to gain a steady income of 1 food every 10 seconds.

....::::Hosting a game of Vimpmeat::::....
To host a game, you simply have to go to advanced setup and select game type "scenario". You will notice that automatically, 10 player slots open. There are various game settings possible:
- When you want to play a "Reaper vs Kabuto" game, simply put computer players in slots 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10.
- On the other hand, if you want to play a "Meccs vs Kabuto" game, put a computer player in each of the slots 3, 5, 7, and 9.
- If you want a "Reaper vs Meccaryn vs Kabuto" game, just wait until you're satisfied with the amount of people in your game and put computer players in the remaining slots.

I'm sure you don't want to wait any longer, so DOWNLOAD THE FILE!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Metal_Roots Within the first few hours after the scenario got posted. I saw this scenario got 29 downloads. 24 hours later, only another 4 or so people downloaded it. Was there a group of people just waiting to download it?

[Edited on 10/05/04 @ 10:45 AM]

Hikari
(id: echowinds)
read the forum:

its a large project from AD..so it is already known to ppl when it came out. if you dont know what AD is. go to www.oddworldjunkies.com/ambitions.

u no about those 1000+ dl maps? this could one of those.

and i proabbly guarentee you that this scenario will have more dls then 8 of mine combined.

[Edited on 10/05/04 @ 12:07 AM]

Archaeopterix
File Author
Thanks for your comments, echowinds! I don't think we should expect 1000 downloads though - probably not even close to - because multiplayer scenarios are often transferred through ESO.

(By the way: AD's proper URL is http://oddworldjunkie.com/ambition :P.)
Hikari
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
The game was not flawed. There were no bugs or messed up triggers. I just love the special skills that the players have (such as casting ragnarok to make your character fly). This map is not too big to have many contacts between team 1 (the kabuto) and the sea reapers and the 5 odysseus. The buying mechanism works well, and the sea reaper morphing works like a charm too.(but i wonder can you just destroy the unit don't kill it-since its suppose to be morphing, right?). The game is fun to play especially with friends, but I wish the game has a little more to do than the basic capturing VIMP game. Oh ya, the flying when its done its kinda odd because sometimes you get stuck in the sea or on cliffs and have to wait for several more seconds...but those ragnarok mechanism works great.

Balance: 4
The team were well though out and balanced. The kabuto can be taken down by a whole team, but not by any single others. The kabuto spawn helps the kabuto to even out the teams. The vimp locations are not all off to one side, so it could be fair. However, I think that the 5 oddyseus has the edge as they have more people. More people is always better than less. The kabuto might be strong, but he only can be in 1 place at 1 time. and then the oeddyseus can heal by flying away...

Creativity: 5
I haven't seen any thing like this game for multiplayer. It is original and although based on another game it does quite turn up unique here. Although some other games does include some sort of fighting-for-resource, those game did not feel as fun as this, or just "fight for gold so we can build units"...no you don't build units. Yes, you try to get Vimps to survive.

Map Design: 4
The map has plenty of eye-candy, and all those little beaches and the kabuto cave looks nice. The little village also looks timit and looks very vulneable which I liked. As I said, the map is not too big yet not too small that it's cramped. It just about right. However, the water could use a little more eye-candy, (add waves and such), and i do have instances when the pathfinding gets stuck.

Story/Instructions: 4
The objectives pretty much gets you started, as it tells you how to play the game and how the game works, but it lacks some short cinematic that I will enojoy, and it does nto tell the story that well in the game, it gets you to the action right away, which some people likes.

Additional Comments: This is a well thought out project. There were not many larger and more well done project in a long time. Most quality projects are headed ove rto single player, but this can be a multiplayer game that can really shine, and probably will be played on ESO.
Leinadarcher The maker of this, don't listen to weesnaw, he is just retarded.
Hikari
what the hell? i though weesnaw was banned....

yes i know that arch knows weesnaw is an idiot.
Mythic_noobNL I'm sure that as soon as one of the mods sees this both other reviews will be deleted.
weesnaw666 heyarcher dude mist you when you left last night and on one of my other pc I am filing out to be a mod on this site ha ha ha han ha

PS You where good in bed last night o god yes hard!!!!!!!!
Archaeopterix
File Author
Thanks for your compliments, Wee, but I prefer some comments about my scenario instead of my sexual behaviour last night.

He's banned now, thanks all.
Leinadarcher Haha weesnaw u loser now that just proves that i was right about u - a retard. >=(
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance4.0