Version: AoM: The Titans
Persona RPG

This is an RPG unlike any other! Instead of killing tons of enemies in a
row, you kill... EACH OTHER! Not only that, you can travel ANYWHERE
YOU WANT! Amazing huh?

You control one unit. This unit levels up with kills, as usual. HOWEVER,
harder enemies give you more experience points! As you go along it
will become more necessary to fight harder enemies since easy enemies
give less experience, and because as you level up it becomes increasingly harder
to level up again. This is a new revolutionized system of getting stronger!

Leveling up doesn't make you stronger - it increases your salary! Your
salary decides how much gold you get per second. It also gives you a
better title. For example : level 1 = rookie = 1 gold/10 seconds. BUT
level 20 = diety = 1 gold/ 1 second!

With this gold you can buy upgrades, magic (god powers), boats to get across the
river, healing potions to completely heal you, and new "personas". You can
upgrade almost any useful stat of your units, from speed to regeneration rate.

Different areas of the map also have different levels of enemies, so that you don't
suddenly find yourself facing 2 sons of osiris at level 1. Here are the areas and
their enemy levels :
1. Thornail - City of the Dwarves, Thornail Heights, and Thornail Forest : Level 1
2. Undine Island, Lakeshore Town - City of Nature and Latheon Gorge : Level 2
3. Mountainia - City of the Clouds, Mountainia Wilderness and the Fields of Plum
: Level 3
4. Meteorea - City of Heroes, Stardust Wastelands and Meteorea Cliffside : Level 4
Stay where you're safe, but challenge the hardest enemies you can get!

The enemies also respawn, so that you never run out of targets!

For the first 15 minutes, all four human players are allies, and can help each other
(if they want to). But after 15 minutes, depending on the choices player 1 made at
the start of the game (see next paragraph) the players become enemies! Defeat all
opposing human players to win! Unfortunately, nobody can win until these 15
minutes have passed, even if no human players are left.

At the start of the game player 1 (host) gets to make 2 choices. These are game
length and teams. The teams (pretty simple) affect what the teams are after the
15 minute diplomacy change. The game length (self explainable) decides how long
the game is, by setting the number of lives that each player starts with. Lastly,
if all players know how to play, you can skip the starting cinematic! Useful for
those times when there is no time!

Those are the basics! This game is sure to revive your decreasing opinion of the
multiplayer games currently out there. Here are some comments by the
playtesters :

HOST YOUR SCENARIO NOW OR ELSE! - Madman
Ummmmm... its good.... and ... fun... - Someone I Forget
This is amazing, well done! - Someone Sensible and Completely Correct Who I
Forget

Note : Playtesters names may not be completely accurate.

TO PLAY : SET FOUR HUMAN PLAYERS IN SLOTS 1 - 4. THE REST (5 - 10)
ARE COMPUTERS! DID YOU HEAR THAT?! COMPUTERS! GET IT RIGHT!

HAVE FUN, YOU'LL DEFINATELY LIKE THIS!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
sounds good, only i dont play much multi anymore.
Ashtoro Quite interesting, I'll be downloading this, although I'll probably get it off someone else before I host it. :P
MithySmithy hmmmm....this apparently only comes with a readme....
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Author
..... it does? Errrrrr..... I'll check... I just updated the file.

*Checking.... checking.... checking.... shouting at my computer for being slow.... checking....*

Nope.... this has 2 readme files AND 1 scenario file. Its in perfect condition...

[Edited on 11/13/04 @ 11:27 PM]

pcwizard Didn't FC_Nidhogg make Person RPG????
Ashtoro
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
You, er, FC_Nidhogg lost the perfect point because enemies were too easy to kill, even without the aid of god powers or more than a few upgrades.

Balance: 4
I don't know what balance means, really, but I'll give it a four.

Creativity: 5
FC_Nighogg's scenario was amazing, as they usaully are. I had great fun with this.

Map Design: 4
The map was well used and interesting. Different forms of the same terrain for texturing and realism were well used, although could have been better.

Story/Instructions: 4
The only reason you, er, he, lost a point was because even if you skipped the explanation cinimatic, you still got the second one. Plus both were quite long.

Additional Comments:
I actually played this with FC_Nidhogg on my fifth time or something. I think I was winning, but then the other two were dropped and two seconds later we had a Sync Error... Either way, this is a great scenario and I recommend you download this.
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
^make the review 3 sentences at least. and if its too easy, that means the balance is off.
ArchNidhogg
File Author
:D Thanks for your review. Lol, I am FC_Nidhogg. My old username on ESO was Mouse Overlord. I changed it to Nidhogg_Bob when my rating fell below 1500 :|. Then when I joined the FC clan I became FC_Nidhogg. Theres no FC Clan anymore though. :(

[Edited on 11/25/04 @ 04:52 PM]

nifty_PS2MAN Very Good.

some Ideas Though.

After minuntes the first 3 islands are rendered useless due to the low experience and the weakness of the enermies, May I suggest that after every player has hit a certian Rank You Upgrade the Islands? to the First a Level 5 island then 6,7, and 8. and so on so forth. would make things more interesting.

Secondly, You should Cap Some of the Upgrades. Speed is Ridiculous, People i play with just buy that constantly and therefore i cant kill them, witch is the whole point of the senario is it not? Make the speed Cap 10 or somthing.

Also 100% armour is too good, makes game too easy after the 15 min mark, and makes killing the other players a Pain in the arse as when they have 500 hp (witch takes ages as it is) run away, and cast restoration. Its just nuts!

So Cap the upgrades for a unit at 90% armour. do this by -0.01 armour for units if they have 91 armour, its so that the weak units like the archer can have 90% armour also.

the Transfomations are good. 3 are useless, the Argus, The Lama and the Hero Turma. Argus is a Myth unit so it dies too easy to the other players Hero units and the units on island 4, since they are mostly heros. Lama i dont know what thats for! and the hero turma is pointless since we arleady have a hero archer unit to kill birds, and if they see your hero turma they just turn into a hero murmillo........

Replacements for theese units could be as follows >

>Argus becomes Nidhog for 50 gold.

>Hero Turma with a Cirece or Son Of Orsis.

>Lama I wont touch......

####Ok Ideas for Improvement.#######

##########Healing.########

Dont Use the techs! Use the "Damage unit hp" or "damage unit %" commands! But use Negative!

IE. "Damage unit = -1"

Is 1 Hp Per second Regneration!

##########Armour.########

See Start of Post

##########Speed###########

See Start of Post.

#######Infinate Levels########

Ok after the Diety level or whaever was the last level you can add a Diety Level 1,2,3,4,5 Etc, making it infinate. How? i would know nomally but the EXP trigger of yours seems uber complex! So cant help you. But you'd normally use it by Adding 1 QuestVarA useing questVarB, then remove the questVarB again in the same trigger to Reset it. Its a Little complex but i'm sure you'll understand it.

################################################################

Good Luck, Great Senario.
ArchNidhogg
File Author
K, thanks for the suggestions. :) I'll be sure to include these if I ever make a Persona RPG V2. ...Though I probably won't make many more scenarios because of the falling numbers of AOM players.
Btw, the llama is for speed - it has about 14 speed so its a good deal for getting around on land at the start of the game before you can buy that much speed. Still not very useful though - I never buy it.
Look for my next scenario coming out in a few days - Marathon of DOOM! :D
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0