Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Multiplayer Scenarios » Marathon of DOOM!

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Marathon of DOOM!

Author File Description
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Details
# of Players: 4 (+4 Computers)
Version: AoM: The Titans
The Norse Warriors are on vacation, and the Archer Blood Warriors are all dead. What entertainment is left for Arkantos, Gargarensis and Nidhogg? Well.... what about hosting a -

MARATHON OF DOOM?!

You, as one of the four competitors, have to race through (eye-candy filled) perilous mountans, mystifying mazes and painful ballista shots. Scared of dying? No problem... every time you die you will re-appear at the last checkpoint you passed, ready to go and at full health. The only two drawbacks of this are your lost time, and the terrifying pain. All this for 10000 gold pieces!

Unfortunately, Arkantos, Gargarensis and Nidhogg soon find out that they don't HAVE 10000 gold pieces - they have 10000 pieces of chewing gum! Oops. They will start to frantically deploy fearless, computer animated enemies at you, which will slash and hack you to pieces... if they can catch up with you... Two members of AGN incorporated (Arkantos, Gargarensis and Nidhogg Inc.) will also oppose you - randomly chosen of course.

Kill the computer animated enemies to get gold to add to your total prize stash! Then buy computer animated "boosters" (no.... not steroids.... you get blood tests before the race...) to run ahead of the pack. Have your competitors taken all your enemies in their frenzied rush ahead of you? No problem! Enter the colosseum any time you want and kill stuff there - you can resume the race at any time. The colosseum cheerleader is the great Athena, who will provide intelligent commentary such as "Like, once, I was, like, raking leaves, and the I, you know, like, fell out of the tree. Like!"

There are also randomly appearing secret passages! There is a 1/5 chance that each passage will be open. Find the great UBER TELEPORTERS and rush to victory!

Get to the finish line and take that prize money! Good luck ... you'll need it. (Unless you're the creator and know everything there possibly is to know about it .)

EDIT: The colosseum now has easier enemies, and area 5 is easier - 3 Titans instead of 4.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
FatDwalin FC_Nidhogg is MouseOverlord just so you know everyone. He lives in my neigbourhood!

HE MAKES THE BEST MAPS!!!!
TheMightyLemon Playability: 4
This map has great playability. No bugs or glitches(that I found). I give this a four because if someone dies in the middle of dropping the relics they get stuck in the middle and you inevitably get stuck. Also in the passage after checkpoint 4 it is really hard to get past that ballista filled place. At 7 the ballistas kill you before you leave.

Balance: 5
Its absolutly fair. Except for the creator who knows how to get past every problem.

Creativity: 5
Not the first of its kind but it is certainly creative.

Map Design: 5
Great map. You intergrated hills to work perfectly in this map. It also make the city look like a real city. I also liked the underground passages place.

Story/Instructions: 5
Funniest story ever. That scenarios cinematics were the funniest I have ever seen. Especially near the end.

Additional Comments:
Great map but some parts(described in Playability) are hard to get through.

[Edited on 10/20/06 @ 09:38 PM]

Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
MightyLemon, I didn't play this particular map, but you should review stricter. Your lowest rating that you handed out was a 3.6, and all the others (quite many) were over 4.
papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
The above review has been removed because it does not comply with our review guidelines.
Pages: « First « 1 [2]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:731
Favorites: [Who?]0
Size:399.42 KB