Author File Description
EaZy
(id: EazY_Ben)
File Details
Screenshot:
Version: AoM: The Titans
********The Legend of Krokan********

By EazY_Ben

The attack force was getting closer. You ran as fast as you could, and crouched behind a stone wall for protection; its all you could find. You hear the wrenching of catapults in the background, then, nothing.
When you come around, you find yourself lying flat out against a rock, being baked by the heat of the Sun. You don't know how you got there or what has happened:you have lost your memory.
Then from the distance, you see a hoplite running towards you.....
'Did you kill Krokan, did you , DID YOU!?'

This RPG-type scenario has features such as:

-Night and Day cycle
-Fully interactive people and environment
-Action packed cinematic's
-Gripping story line
-10 secret and hidden parts
-Quests to earn money and respect
-Forummer characters! Maybe you'll see yourself somewhere...
-Much, much more..

This was a Dragon Gaming Design Network (http://dgdn.net) project.

With special thanks to Matheus and Jeremiah.

Thanks,
EazY_Ben
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Addax I've already played this. I downloaded at aom files. I thought it was great. Everybody should download this it was the most popular file at aom files for quite a while! Great job!
EaZy
File Author
Thanks!

Reviews people! :)
Archaeopterix You got a list of things you changed from version 1?

[Edited on 12/07/04 @ 04:15 PM]

Byz
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions2.0
P – 3 – If Shilmista and Heroes of Avalon had a mutated child, this would be it. When I began, I felt like I was back in the world of Shilmista, and even some of the missions, like the wood fetching, used the exact same wording (Wood obtained) as Shilmista. The whole buying units and heading on a trail and slaying creatures was very reminiscent of Heroes of Avalon and did not feel very original. Also, it would have been nice if the hero of the scenario could actually kill the bad guy of the scenario than a bunch of rag tag archers and manticores. The game kept my interested for the most part though, even if it was somewhat faulty.

B – 4 – While the units you could buy were enough to win, it was basically a run through the trail and kill creatures. Some areas with fewer creatures were very easy while some areas with more were very hard. This inconsistency proved trying for a more reserved player such as myself. The ending boss was also very hard as my hero could not attack him.

Cr – 3 – This map was semi-creative, and had some ingenious aspects here and there, but nothing above average. You play the beginning of Shilmista and end playing Heroes of Avalon. If there was a main-stream scenario, this would be it. The author saw what worked, and put it into his scenario without altering it very much.

M – 4 – The map was decent, but it was very cluttered in some areas and did not allow for ample troop movement. The terrain mixing was nothing to brag about, but the author made good use of ambient objects.

S/I – 2 – Ouch, this was not a highlight at all. Some of the dialogue disappeared too fast for one thing. Secondly, there was very little background (even after the character’s memory was refreshed) of what this place was and what was going on. The villager commentary was sub-par and the storyline was average at best. No, this was not a very “literate” scenario.

Cine – The cinematics were respectable, but there were no ground-breaking ideas here. There were also no major faults. They played well but did not add much.

Overall: Eh, I’d only recommend this to a die-hard RPS fan. The gameplay was non-linear and the story was poor.

(HoM Review)
smith987 Please can someone help me!!!!!!!!

Where do you save the scenarios and stuff in?????????????????????????????????????
EaZy
File Author
3.2? awww. Thtas terrible. It really isn't that bad. Thanks for the review anyhow.

[Edited on 12/09/04 @ 12:58 PM]

Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Wait for some more reviews, Ben, don't be that desperate.
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
3.2? uhh, sorry byz but...isnt this kinda low? i've played the scenario, and really i think it deserve at least 3.6 or 3.8.
Archaeopterix I played it as well and I do not think Byz is to harsh in his judgement.

I do think that most of the scenarios here are simply overrated. All the 3s out there should be 2s, and that would make this 3.2 totally deserved.
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
Well compare to the score he gives on Hessu's this sint that bad already.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.7
Balance4.3