Single Player Scenarios » The Lost Legion

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Lost Legion

Author File Description
Oscar
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
*** THE LOST LEGION ***//

"One moment, they stood under the skies of Gaul, facing each other in a strange duel of survival. In the hand of the Roman tribune Marcus Scarus was the spell-scribed sword of a Druid priest. The Celtic chieftain Viridovix held a similar sword, bespelled by a rival Druid sorcerer. Then, as the two swords touched, a dome of golden light flared out and surrounded Marcus, Viridovix, and three cohorts of Caesar's legions. The next moment, they found themselves under a strange night sky where no stars were familiar and where Gaul and Rome were unknown. They were in an outpost of the embattled Empire of Videssos - in a world where magic and dark sorcery would test their skill and courage as no Roman legion had ever been tested before."

Singleplayer scenario for The Titans expansion freely ispired by the Videssos Cicle by Harry Turtledove.

*Characteristics:
-about fifty minutes of cinematics.
-1221 triggers
-1000x1000 metres map
-46 objectives
-custom soundtrack

*Installation:
1)Extract all file from the zip archive (directory "lost_legion_sounds"+ THE_LOST_LEGION.scx).
2)Place the file .scx in the directory "Scenario".
3)Place the directory "lost_legion_sounds" in the directory "sound" present in the folder where the game is installed.

*Important advice:
-in this map there are thousands of objects and sometimes many active triggers at the same time. As a comsequence your pc could take a long time to load the savedgames, to save the map or to open it with the editor.
-your pc could make a mistake while it's saving the game forcing you to restart the map from the beginning. I advise to save often (at least after every cinematic) but not always on the same file, this is important.
-you can freely choose your favourite difficulty level in any case it will be automatically set on "Hard" by some triggers at the beginning of the game.
-don't use cheats, above all the destructive ones (like meteors and tornados), that could destroy an object necessary to continue the game, or the cheats that create new units, that could compromise the running of some following triggers.
-during the game use and move all your units in group and don't forget anybody back.
-read carefully the objectives and the hints in the objectives section.
-this scenario has been made and tested with no patch installed.
-to not compromise the correct working of the game when you have a trasport ship or a Roc don't forget any units inside them.
-this scenario could really try sorely the performances of your pc so don't play this map at one go but in more "sessions".
-near the end of the scenario during the cinematics some momentary blocks could happen. Please wait a little before coming back to windows or resetting.

For who has red the entire Cicle of the Legion: this is just a bad and unfaithful copy of Turtledove's books, many events and charcters are invented and others aren't equal to the real ones. I made the scenario in this way to adapt the features of AoM to the story told in the cicle and to make my life easier.

If you find errors or if you have some suggestions post a comment or contact me at quoelet@katamail.com .
Scenario created by Oscar Baldessari.
A special thanks to Ganesh (for playtesting and for trigger help), Teo3 (for platesting and for story/plot help), CheeZy (for help in file size reduction), OttyGiummy (for English traslation) and to the other people of AOM heaven and Age of Empire Italia that have contributed to the realization of this project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
It wasn't working, now it is, I uploaded from my own PC, so it might be outdated Oscar.
garf123456 because of the fact im only half way through this after much time, i can't review yet but so far this is............WOW!!!
Oscar
File Author
thank you lp_usa.
I will post soon a better version.
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
OMG! I'm not yet done playing it, but this is, BY FAR, the best single player scenario I have EVER played in my entire life! The map design alone must have taken several months, to say nothing of all the triggers. :P

Edit : @Echowinds Ok, ok, several WEEKS then. (-_-) No need to be picky.

[Edited on 12/27/04 @ 05:05 PM]

Oscar
File Author
thank you mouse overlord, I've taken 6 months to complete it, from june to november....

@lp_usa:
[quote]It wasn't working, now it is, I uploaded from my own PC[/quote]

Where was the problem? I'm sure the submission was successful.
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
@Mouse/nidhogg - The map would have taken me several weeks to be around Oscar's level...(Althouhg I could probably never replicate the buildings) but the triggers, meh, I could never do. The triggering was brillant.

Still haven't finish the map yet, I forgot to safe when I died half-way though.
Argalius I haven't finished it but it's very good until now.
I was playing the scenario and a message appeared: "Don't go to sea or the ferry will sink" something like that. So I think, ok let's send it back. Then I see the boat and boom, the boat sinks! I didn't even have time to select it! Was rather annoying...
Gaurdian_112 This scenario is great but its not loading anymore..the bloody saved games just crash my whole PC :|. I really hope to finish it because so far its been lots of fun..this is strange..i'll put it on low graphics..

IMO a wonderful scn but you have to suffer a little for the lag:)
ThE_MoGuL Sounds cool, im gonna download! :)
Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
"Where was the problem? I'm sure the submission was successful. "

Don't know, I tried to download it gave me an error saying the file was missing, so I had to re-upload like 5 times because of errors (I think Zen was updating the PHP software at the time).

If you want to update it now, it's perfectly fine I think.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance4.9