Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Design Hints, Tips, and Tutorials » Auron's Cinematic Block & Invisible Objects Guide

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Auron's Cinematic Block & Invisible Objects Guide

Author File Description
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
CINEMATIC BLOCKS & INVISIBLE OBJECTS GUIDE

Author: Auron_2
Studio: Tsunami Studios
Version: AoM/AoM: The Titans

::DESCRIPTION::

This file features a word document teaching you how to use these invisible targets non visible during game-play in depth, including screenshots. Open the document with wordpad, or microsoft word. The following are the objects which this guide goes over:

• Revealer
• Death Revealer
• Revealer to Player
• Vision Revealer
• Attack Revealer
• Cinematic Blocks & Scaling Units
• Invisible Ram
• Invisible Targets
• Yardstick
• Invisible Gate
• Invisible Walls
• Camera Start
• Victory Marker
• Sound Gaia SFX

::OTHER INFORMATION::

- www.freewebs.com/smallhours
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Anastasoulis
Rating
Rating: 5
Yes! I was really waiting for this one as it explains some features of cin blocks I didn't know. It's a must for all who want to be involved into scenario design, as Auron is a well of information. Info is given on a platter and it's a great time saver (plus I don't think I could figure out everything about cin blocks) for all would be scen designers.

Additional Comments:
Auron's making a tradition in good guide making. I praise the creator so much, because I believe that we must praise people who devote their time and energies into making guides and such, so that other people can learn also how to do things and ultimately make good scenarios, mods, etc.

P.S. Question, invisible target cin blocks you say will be attacked by units, but do they get eliminated after so many hit points damage?
Auron_
File Author
thanx for the rating. Well, i do make most of the time guides because scenarios/mods/and other stuff take way too long..and i usually like to do things in a short period of time...and thats the reason why i havent done anything else on my campaign yet.

the invisible targets dont have Hitpoints, so it cant be damaged no matter how much its being hitted
RV Prolu 2005
Rating
Rating: 4.5

A guide that is needed is the one you have here. It covers enough information about the specific topic and is well laid out, it doesn't lack much material but could be improved, not worth a 5, it's not perfect.

Additional Comments:

The guide is Fantastic, but it lacks the all important in-depth information, the 4.5 Rating goes to information given, to get a 5 make it more clearer and concise, and add more information to make it more understandable for the beginner.

Overall it's great!
Auron_
File Author
thanx for the rating, but i the guide is meant to explain what these objects are for, and thats exactly what i did. I've fail to understand how i can be more specific than that. I dont seem to understand how it lags in information. I covered ALL the invisible targets and misc objects found in the editor, included pictures, and make a clear explanation of them.

you say the guide could be improved, but how? If you tell me so, then i might try to updated:). If you mean improving my spelling i cant do that, as you know english isnt my first language, so dont expect my grammar to always be perfect:)

thanx for the review, and i appreciate your feedback.

regards
Auron
RV Prolu 2005 Auron,

When I was a beginner in the game, I didn't know anything, I was confused with many aspects of the editing system.

Your guide is suitable for the average to expert player and maybe parts for beginners.

If you have to create a guide for beginners and experts you start from absolute scratch and build up to the more complicated data.

Grammer has not been included as a blow to the rating, it's the content that counts as long as it is elegible!

RV Prolu 2005
Auron_
File Author
well, this guide is for the more advance designer, rather than a person who just started using the editor. a person who has some experience with triggering can use this guide.
nox_27 Rating: 5
(Insert Rating analysis here)

Additional Comments:

Really good I liked it!

[Edited on 05/13/06 @ 11:30 PM]

Raytane
Rating
Rating: 5
A great guide full of good and reliable information. I learnt quite a few things from this. The pictures were all used well and looked good. Good work.

Additional Comments:
Great guide, well written and layed out really well. Reccomended for all the rookie designers out there.
Auron_
File Author
thanx for the reviews:) though i would appreciate more feedback from nox_27.

regards
Auron
wolveski wow this guide is great,it has helped my scenario making skills out greatly

thanks for that auron

you rock!!
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics