Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Last Spartan

Author File Description
Gaurdian_112
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
AMBITION DESIGNS PRESENTS

A Scenario by Gaurdian_112

Author's Note: The Last Spartan is a scenario I created in Febuary 2004 as practice fodder, however, in time I decided to turn it into a full fledged scenario. It is old but a fun and quite innovative scenario. It is an Ambition Designs scenario. I made it for fun really and then expanded on it to make it a full fledged scn, so enjoy!

"Once, a long time ago, an army of 300 Spartans defended the pass of Thermopylae..

It is said their valor was so ferocious, that the Persians themselves lost their will to fight..

For two full days, 300 Spartans held back over a million of the Persian enemy...

Greek Legend States that all 300 Spartans died at the Battle of Thermopylae...

But I shall tell you another story. The story of the wolf. Talos the Wolf!"

The Last Spartan tells the tale of the only survivor of the Battle of Thermopylae- where 300 Spartans managed to hold off over a million Persians for 2 full days.

Kleidemos, the survivor, is attempting to escape the carnage and wage war elsewhere- but what traps lay ahead?

FEATURES:

- A beautiful 512X512 Map.

- Great trigger work- you can jump, go into stealth mode, and even switch zoom modes.

- Outstanding Puzzles- can you solve them all?

- Tons of Cinematics.

- Engaging Story Line.

Known Bugs:

Jumping Bug: If you click on a sentry tower (in order to jump) while moving, the trigger will not fire.

Terrain Bug: If you type terrain in the chat box, to change view, it will fire twice (no big deal, just thought I would let you know).

Please save often incase the jumping bug occurs for you. The F8 Button allows you to quicksave.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Bling Bling Playability: 3
well there is sum bug in it. you should review your trigger

Balance: 4

Creativity: 5

Map Design: 5
this is a nice map. many eye candy and i like the music

Story/Instructions: 3
the story is not to bad but short :S

additional Comments:
its a good senario i like it :) but u should review or change sum trigger.

[Edited on 01/30/05 @ 01:54 AM]

Gaurdian_112
File Author
*sigh*
Gaurdian_112
File Author
I know this scenario is more than a year old, but anyone want to review?

I hate it when I don't hype em up:p
Richard Fannin Dead end, then game over? I didn't even finish exploring the pass :(
Gaurdian_112
File Author
lol. The whole point is finding your way out:)
Anastasoulis Hey Gaurdian_112,
good scen, I DL it now and will try it out later in the week when I get the time.
There are three comments though I wish to make:
1) in Thermo-pylae (hot-gates) the 300 Spartans stood not alone. 700 Thespians and Thebans didn't withdraw with the rest of the Greek army. As the Thespian leader Filo-menis said: "no Leonidas, we aren't going to retreat and let you Spartans take all the glory !"
So they all died, and Thespia was razed to the ground.

2) the Spartans obeyed to a military code, something like the Bushido of the Japanese, where they couldn't retreat from battle, nor surrender. That's why they HAD TO STAY there and fight to the last man. But the other Greeks who stayed, did so only for the glory.

3) there was one Spartan survivor from Thermopylae, it was the hoplite whome Leonidas sent as runner-messenger to Sparta with the message of what was going on.
We find that same hoplite in the battle of Platea -the closing curtain for the Persian invasions in Greece- where he opens the battle by attacking by himself the Persian army, so that he could prove to the other Spartans that he was no coward and wasn't afraid to die.

regards

George
Gaurdian_112
File Author
I know I know, actually, the original 'Spartan' followed the story with historical accuracye but with this remake I changed a bit for gameplay:)
Anastasoulis OK Gaurdian, I'm not doing criticism, just telling you some history.
Sorry, I've not tried your game yet, I will this week and tell you my opinion before the weekend.
Gaurdian_112
File Author
Ok, thanks! Bear in mind its a year old and not on the scale of say, Birthright and The Lost Legion.
Anastasoulis Playability: 5
Yes, it was very playable and also I replayed it once more to see what would happen if I clicked on a different tower, which would teleport me to a different place.

Balance: 5
Yes very balanced, and the threats were of medium level, especially at the 2nd and 3rd adventure, while at the closing scene it became kind'a tough.

Creativity: 5
Quite creative, although it used the format of "programmed sequential adventures" (you had to finish each one in order to "advance" to the next one), the adventures-missions were quite original.

Map Design: 5
Beautiful map with some very original ideas. I especially liked the Helot village with the cobble stone roads. The map is divided by physical obstacles into sections, within each of which the player has one adventure at a time.

Story/Instructions: 5
The story reminded me the last of the mohicans story in a way, and you get a feeling of being "alone" and then they break the news to you about Sparta and Spartans been wiped out.
The instructions were full and to the point, and at no time was there an ambiguity about what I had to do and how I could do it.

Additional Comments:
A very nice scenario that must be tried at least once by all. The opening cinematic creates a feeling of loneliness with the blue sky shot and the titles falling, plus in all the adventures you control only 1 guy. Of course this is good for "sight seeing the scenery" since you have no time pressure.
A word of advice to all who'll play it, save your lightning bolt for the end !!!

[Edited on 02/02/05 @ 01:49 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:1,570
Favorites: [Who?]0