New Files

Utility Programs » gmax import/export scripts for single-material models

Download File Post Review Post Comment

gmax import/export scripts for single-material models

Author File Description
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
*** Ykkrosh's gmax import/export scripts for single-material models ***

These are import and export scripts that can deal with single-material models, i.e. most weapons and some buildings.

I'd only use them for single-material models though (where the normal scripts don't work), because there's a bug when you apply an "Unwrap UVW" modifier: The UVW map gets messed up.

So either you don't use the modifier, i.e. you only change the weapons shape, or you make a completely new UVW map (what you have to do anyway if you want to apply a new texture).

Theoretically it should work for the normal models too, but I didn't test that.

THANKS YKKROSH!

PS: I published this just because he was too lazy and asked me to do that for him ;-).
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gidronatis Thanks a lot for doing these GMAX scripts. They can really help me in the future! I am now wondering how I can rotate models and also get the BRG models to stay the way it was in GMAX when it is converted with AOMED. I really need help with that.
Gr�n
File Author
Hm. I don't quite get the problem, but if you have a question, you should ask it in the modding forum instead of the download central.
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
hmm this seems useful........though i got an exporter/importer that i downloaded here somehwere.......anyways, i always get these errors with some kind of AoM or AoMX models, and textures cannot be loaded......
Gr�n
File Author
Huh? Elaborate a bit...
Auron_
(id: auron 2)
i dont understand........what do you mean?

when i import AoM models into gmax, sometimes i get an error, or when i try loading a texture into an aom model.

if your wondering how i'm doing it, read Argailus modeling guide at library!

thanx!!!!!!!
Gr�n
File Author
You mean... Just when you imported the .3ds scene from AoMED into gmax and run the script you get the error? And there're no other models in the scene?

Sometimes there're unexplainable errors ;(... (Woha, notice the new smiley!) Try the old scripts then, if it's not a single material model, sometimes you need to try out both.

And you can't change the textures. Use ReplaceTexture in the anim file.

And in my last post I meant you should clarify ;).

BTW, please add my new MSN address: gruengruengruen[aaaaaat]gmail[dooot]com
There's a bug that I can't contact my old contacts until they added the new eMail and vice versa, although I still have yours...

[Edited on 07/19/05 @ 10:11 AM]

Dnas I haven't tried this script (before of my retiring from modding), but... I've been able to mod weapons and stuff before without this script. And it works with UV Unwrapping.

Just make a new material that is a multimatriel structured like the materials in the other converted brg files. Apply that to the model, import script, and you're done. You can edit this like a normal model and no screwiness is needed to export it.
Mister SCP thank you very much... exactly what i needed
KaTorrenter
(id: DanyUnknown)
The mod works only on 3ds max. (I try it on Gmax 1.2, but didn't work)
This mod is good only for some types of units and buildings!!!
For others, it will show a error screen : "mesh" is undefined. And is right! Not all units and buidings (aurochs, ...) use "Mesh" function.
XLightningStormL
(id: TheBronyKing11)
Rating
Rating: 1
Frankly an awful utility tool, which may have been cool back first release, in hindsight, it was frankly awful, clunky, simple, could only support a few models, and using a frankly awful modelling program.

Don't use this anymore, use AMP instead, and get 3ds Max using an old student/school email.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Statistics
Downloads:1,630
Favorites: [Who?]1
Size:2.19 KB