Persona RPG Version 2

Author File Description
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Details
# of Players: 4 (+ 1 computer)
Version: AoM: The Titans
~Persona RPG Version 2~
By FC_Nidhogg, Forsythe_Racing and Kronos_EXE.

This is the only official sequal to the great multiplayer scenario "Persona RPG". With a ton of new features this scenario is sure to provide you with the fun factor that you have been missing for the past few months. For only $0.00 (not including shipping and handling) you can own this amazing multiplayer scenario. Just click the download file button at the top of this screen and enjoy the instant delivery feature! However, if you want to know what you are buying, read the description below. Additional information and screenshots can be found on http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,21052,30,10 (forum topic). Please copy and paste the URL into your address box and press the enter key.

Persona RPG is an RPG, not a walk-in-a-boring line RPG, but a Go-Wherever-The-Heck-You-Want RPG. The goal is not (only) to kill a bunch of computer enemies, it is to kill each other.

------------------Features---------------------

-A great ALL NEW map design. You could never wish for more eyecandy. (And don't wish for more eyecandy, because then it will OOS every game.)
-Over 1000 triggers, and 10000 effects!
-More personas such as the petsuchos, the tent, the priest, and 3 secret ones.
-Less computers to reduce lag.
-New missions.
-Many more things to buy, including more god powers, all type of attack, mercenaries, and stocks.
-An all new stock market that allows you to speed up your llamas and gain gold.
-All bugs fixed! (Of course.)
-WAY Better bosses. (You'll see why!)
-More life choices - play with 1 to 5 lives, or even INFINITE lives.
-2 game modes (although the 2nd one isn't as fun). Normal mode is classic, kill each other fun, while in pacifist mode you have to get to level 20 first to win - no killing each other.
-A trigger system that allows nobody to die during a cinematic - meaning that you will be slightly less annoyed throughout the game.
-You can substitute computers for human players. The computers will be kicked out of the game, and you will be left with a 3 player or 2 player game.
-And more that you will have to download to see!

---------------Gameplay Tips-------------------

-View the instruction cinematic, EVEN IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY PERSONA RPG VERSION 1! This will avoid confusion in your first game.
-The first time that you play, play in NORMAL MODE, in order to get a feel of the real game.
-Lag. Reduce the massive lag that sometimes accompanies this scenario by CLOSING ALL OTHER PROGRAMS, and getting a better computer.
-If you find that there is always to much lag, try replacing some of the human players with computers. The computers will automatically be defeated, and you can play a 2 player or 3 player game.
-If you die too much, try buying restoration or rain god powers (which heal you) or buy regeneration rate.
-DON'T pick infinite lives unless you are playing in pacifist mode, or want a really, REALLY, long game.
-READ THE OBJECTIVES after every mission starts, and the spotlight at the start of the game for important information!

-------------------Setup-----------------------

-Teams DO NOT MATTER when you are hosting the game. Just start!
-The 5th player MUST ALWAYS BE A COMPUTER! Don't forget this or you will find someone saying "Urge to kill... rising...".
-You may substitute computers for the human players, but they will be defeated at the very beginning of the game.
-Please let new players view the instructions.

------------------Credits----------------------
Ok... I know noone will read this but:

This scenario was created by FC_Nidhogg, Forsythe_Racing and Kronos_EXE. Special thanks go to Phoenix_PS2MAN, Stu_Alpha, Atlantic_Age_Of and Mamshmam for extensive playtesting and numerous suggestions.

Please DO NOT EDIT this scenario. If you want something changed post your suggestions in this download section and FC_Nidhogg or Kronos_EXE will get to fixing the problem A.S.A.P.

This scenario has been brought to you in part by Ambition Designs.
-----------------------------------------------

And that's all! Gl, hf!
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Kirby_King_No1 Hey FC ya gonna be on tonight??

and how do u join ambition designs??

[Edited on 02/13/05 @ 10:11 AM]

ArchNidhogg
File Author
Hmmm... I played this scenario a few times online and many people did not like it, because it was either too complicated for them to understand, or there were too few players. I suggest playing this game WITHOUT noobs!

@Kirby: Yes I'll be online today. To join Ambition Designs go to www.ambitiondesigns.com and go to the ministry of development section.
Mamshmam
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
Playability was excellent. I loved the choice of teams, units, lives etc. It was easy to understand if you actually read the instructions.

Balance: 5
This scenario has a perfect balance, you all start out as equals and then how you play is how you become the victor(s).

Creativity: 5
RPG's where you have a set path is usually long, boring and repetitive. This, however, was creative in every way as it is free roaming, so you kill want you want to kill. The thing that makes this scenario different from the rest (besides the free roam) is the fact that in the end we actuallly have to kill each other, not some random boss that is always the same.

I loved the missions, always a challenge and a race. I especially liked the one with the mirror tower and how it changes position each time so if you've played more than one time you can't just run straight to the place, which would be unfair for the first-timers.

Map Design: 5
Excellent map design! very well crafted and very realistic. I enjoyed the dificulty areas, and where the weaker parts slowly became stronger the more you fed from it. Good use of elevation and terrain. everything looked like it was meant to be there. Nice eye-candy too with all the extra flowers and things, but not overdoing it so the map is simply unplayable or lags every 3 seconds not mentioning any scenario in particular *cough lost legion cough*.

Story/Instructions: 5
Not much of a story... except in the cool cinematics but the instructions were excellent giving us a full layout of how to play and what we have to do. I don't understand why some people didn't know what to do.

Additional Comments:
Congrats to all 3 of you. IMO the best multiplayer scenario made so far! I was dissapointed with one thing though... where was your trademark achilles?

This game kicks ass so i had to give it a 5. This is a MUST download.

p.s. thanx 4 the mention ;)

[Edited on 02/14/05 @ 08:41 AM]

ArchNidhogg
File Author
=D Thanks for your very informative comments.

I didn't think it was necessary to put the Achilles in because they were replaced with guardians. Unfortunatly, some people just don't get this game because they don't read the intro.. no matter how long it is. =P
Mamshmam was it coz it was a joint project?
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
Nidhogg makes good scenarios. Unfortuantly I can;t rate it for two reasons:

1: I don't have my game
2: I can't rate my own team's scenario...
Canadian_Dawwg Cool map. I played it online it was fun but it lagged a bit but I guess that was my computers fault.

[Edited on 02/15/05 @ 08:58 AM]

Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
Echo, you can write a review, just don't give a rating.
Reinfire It's good map, FC, and i think its better than the first persona. But the part of the map with all the buildings and the polyphemus who wants his back scratched is only accesable as a bird, thats i think the only negative thing about this map. But thats only a tiny flaw, it's excellent. When does Persona 3 come out?

BTW, How can you make units regenerate faster, I think you just have to research heroic rejuvenation multiple times wit the set tech status effect, but i'm not sure
ArchNidhogg
File Author
I wanted to make it so that you need to fly to complete some missions, such as the one where you fly to the wonder, or you defeat FC_Nidhogg. It makes it so that you must be a certain level to get rewards.
I don't think there will be a Persona 3 though. =( I'll try making one for AOE3 maybe.
For my regenerating, I didn't use the techs. I used an effect - Damage Units in Area by Quest Var (with a negative QV). Then whenever you buy regen rate the quest var is decreased, so that you heal more.

[Edited on 02/19/05 @ 12:57 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5