Persona RPG Version 2

Author File Description
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Details
# of Players: 4 (+ 1 computer)
Version: AoM: The Titans
~Persona RPG Version 2~
By FC_Nidhogg, Forsythe_Racing and Kronos_EXE.

This is the only official sequal to the great multiplayer scenario "Persona RPG". With a ton of new features this scenario is sure to provide you with the fun factor that you have been missing for the past few months. For only $0.00 (not including shipping and handling) you can own this amazing multiplayer scenario. Just click the download file button at the top of this screen and enjoy the instant delivery feature! However, if you want to know what you are buying, read the description below. Additional information and screenshots can be found on http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,21052,30,10 (forum topic). Please copy and paste the URL into your address box and press the enter key.

Persona RPG is an RPG, not a walk-in-a-boring line RPG, but a Go-Wherever-The-Heck-You-Want RPG. The goal is not (only) to kill a bunch of computer enemies, it is to kill each other.

------------------Features---------------------

-A great ALL NEW map design. You could never wish for more eyecandy. (And don't wish for more eyecandy, because then it will OOS every game.)
-Over 1000 triggers, and 10000 effects!
-More personas such as the petsuchos, the tent, the priest, and 3 secret ones.
-Less computers to reduce lag.
-New missions.
-Many more things to buy, including more god powers, all type of attack, mercenaries, and stocks.
-An all new stock market that allows you to speed up your llamas and gain gold.
-All bugs fixed! (Of course.)
-WAY Better bosses. (You'll see why!)
-More life choices - play with 1 to 5 lives, or even INFINITE lives.
-2 game modes (although the 2nd one isn't as fun). Normal mode is classic, kill each other fun, while in pacifist mode you have to get to level 20 first to win - no killing each other.
-A trigger system that allows nobody to die during a cinematic - meaning that you will be slightly less annoyed throughout the game.
-You can substitute computers for human players. The computers will be kicked out of the game, and you will be left with a 3 player or 2 player game.
-And more that you will have to download to see!

---------------Gameplay Tips-------------------

-View the instruction cinematic, EVEN IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY PERSONA RPG VERSION 1! This will avoid confusion in your first game.
-The first time that you play, play in NORMAL MODE, in order to get a feel of the real game.
-Lag. Reduce the massive lag that sometimes accompanies this scenario by CLOSING ALL OTHER PROGRAMS, and getting a better computer.
-If you find that there is always to much lag, try replacing some of the human players with computers. The computers will automatically be defeated, and you can play a 2 player or 3 player game.
-If you die too much, try buying restoration or rain god powers (which heal you) or buy regeneration rate.
-DON'T pick infinite lives unless you are playing in pacifist mode, or want a really, REALLY, long game.
-READ THE OBJECTIVES after every mission starts, and the spotlight at the start of the game for important information!

-------------------Setup-----------------------

-Teams DO NOT MATTER when you are hosting the game. Just start!
-The 5th player MUST ALWAYS BE A COMPUTER! Don't forget this or you will find someone saying "Urge to kill... rising...".
-You may substitute computers for the human players, but they will be defeated at the very beginning of the game.
-Please let new players view the instructions.

------------------Credits----------------------
Ok... I know noone will read this but:

This scenario was created by FC_Nidhogg, Forsythe_Racing and Kronos_EXE. Special thanks go to Phoenix_PS2MAN, Stu_Alpha, Atlantic_Age_Of and Mamshmam for extensive playtesting and numerous suggestions.

Please DO NOT EDIT this scenario. If you want something changed post your suggestions in this download section and FC_Nidhogg or Kronos_EXE will get to fixing the problem A.S.A.P.

This scenario has been brought to you in part by Ambition Designs.
-----------------------------------------------

And that's all! Gl, hf!
Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
The 5.0 review is quite long, and I know Nidhogg (from my own studio), still, I think its too high. I am being critical to everyone, lol.

I am sure its a good scenario, but I would think it be somethin like high 4s.

[Edited on 02/20/05 @ 03:38 AM]

TheMightyLemon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
This is a great map. I liked the teams, lives, and orginal gameplay and names. The reason why I give it a 4 is because Pacifist mode is messed up.

Balance: 4
The game is fair but there are problems, especially with the chat codes. People who previously had the scenario, go to the Editor and find the codes that make you rich and powerful.

Creativity: 5
Very creative. I have never seen another scenario like this. Most RPGs are just walk in a straight line killing everything you see. This is very different. You can fight each other, go search for treasure, and some interesting additions like a stock market, and mecenairies.

Map Design: 5
Great map design. The hills where used very well to confuse the players and they actually might walk in circles. I also like the eye candy. The problem is it lags a lot although not as bad as some other scenarios.

Story/Instructions: 5
It was clear what you had to do. The beginning cinematic explained everything you had to do. Even though I'm not sure it is because I played the first one, I think the game explained everything very clear.

Additional Comments:
Remove the codes because they can affect people who go to the editor to get the super cheats. You should also fix pacifist mode. When you fight Kronos EXE in pacifist it change diplomacies and never change back to normal diplomacies against purple.
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
File Author
Yeah... I noticed that pacifist mode bug a while after...
I was going to remove the cheat codes but forgot. =P Sry. Thanks for the review.
TheMightyLemon So... uh... okay... uh. When are you going to release the fixed one? I want to try pacifist mode out.
i_like_food Its ninja_spirit yeah dont put my anme even though i didnt do anything. i like my name its funny. lol. YOUR MY LIGHT AND INSPIRATION!!!! and i u got a hot mom. have a jolly good time making maps and sumtime message me if i ever on
Gaurdian_112 Why does it seem obvious? Because you said so? lol, I guess nothing is allowed to go above Heroins. Nice- Arch and Shrink taking over AoMH.

Playability: 5
Pretty awesome map- I never knew online RPGs could be so good. Lives, teams, names, and basically the whole gameplay was just about awesome. The pacifist was pretty interesting, though its not entirely perfect. Still, its downright fun, and definately warrants a 5.

Balance: 5
The scenario is pretty well-balanced, with everyone starting out on equal grounds. There are a couple of issues, (as the previous reviewer mentioned, anyone who opens it up in the editor can kinda cheat).

Damn awesome. There aren't that many good RPGs, but thise one excells. Many paths to take, like searching for treasure, fighting each other, the mercs.., etc...

Some of the missions were downright fun too- pretty challenging, yet not too challenging, and always stinky fun. I liked the one with the tower that changes positions- did you use Quest Vars for that? Its never in the same place twice:p Awesome!

Good map design, for an mplayer map. The cliffs and elevation were well-placed, and there was plenty of eye candy. IT lags just a little bit, but this does not detract from the overall awesome experience. This is definately a milestone in mplayer design since most mplayer maps do not have good map design *cough* heroins *cough*.

Terrain was mixed very well, I might add.

One of the highlights of this fantastic mplayer scenario. You always knew what to do, and the intro cinematic was very good at letting you know the basics and stuff to be able to play this without any problems.

There isn't an actual story-line, but then again, we don't need one- its multiplayer!

Additional Comments:

Umm, take off those stupid cheats. Thats about it. Make another version too, something good. Make one for AoE3 once ESO enables multiplayer!

Otherwise...AWESOME!

[Edited on 01/21/06 @ 01:12 AM]

RedViper Great map! But i never really got that lama-character thing, what do you do with the lama?

And when I played, I think I earned to much money. In the end I could kill every creature on the map no matter where my character stood on the map. :)

Or maybe all stats should have some kind of limit? When you get 500 damage and unlimited range & LOS it's pretty much overkill. :D

But we were only two players who tested the game, I guess it's possible that you won't get as powerful when you are more players?
RM_Pegasus Playability: 5
Great game to play, I love it

Balance: 5
There is a good equalaty in the game, adding to the funness.

I never would have thought of it =p

Thats an Awesome Map, especially the areas.

It was Hard to explain in a simple way =P

Additional Comments:
Great job guys, New AOM name is Belshezzer =p

[Edited on 10/20/06 @ 09:36 PM]

Cirrow
(id: Cirruis)
Bel, your review has to be atleast 3 lines for each catagory.

Its me, cirrow, btw.
papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
The above review has been removed because it does not comply with our review guidelines.
Pages: « First « 1 [2] 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance5.0