Multiplayer Scenarios » Doom Lords RPG

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Doom Lords RPG

Author File Description
Reinfire
File Details
# of Players: 6
Version: AoM: The Titans
Doom Lords RPG is a RPG game for 6 players and 3 comps. After watching your hometown getting destroyed my the power of the Doom Lord, the six characters of this game are on their way to make the Doom Lord pay for destroying your homes.

This game has some nice features:

Each player plays a different unique character, the knight, the archer, the wizard, the barbarian, the paladin and the amazon, which are all different and receive level ups on their own unique way.

The map is far more detailed than other multiplayer RPG's i have seen. You wont see large fields of plain Grass_A or Sand_A. All the terrains are mixed to give it a better effect.

The game has a good storyline. Not just a brief instruction at the start. You have to follow the quests given to you from the NonPlayable Characters in the game. I used minutes full of cinematics throughout the game with nice effects and camera movements.

Other features:
- Choose from 3 different difficulty levels from the start.
- Original Boss fights were the bosses use godpowers, summon helpers, or use other tricks to make your life a living hell.
- Buy upgrades, godpowers, soldiers and beasts to help you in the shop of Thulgrand.
- 21 different character levels for each player. After level 15, you get titles instead of level numbers)

Game Setup:

Player 1 to 6 are all team 1, the civilisation of player 1 to 6 doesn't matter.
Player 7 is a comp, which must be set to team 1 as well. Player 7 should have a Norse civilisation. (The game works perfect on other civilisations, but the buildings look best if they are Norse)
Player 8 and 9 (comps) are both team 2. The buildings of player 8 look best if Greek, but the game works perfect on all civs.

I would VERY MUCH like to see any comments or suggestions about this game, and if you spot a trigger error (I am only human) feel free to mention it as well, I will take a look at it.

I hope you enjoy this game, Good Luck, Have Fun

Reinfire
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
DumAss Edited by Lp.

[Edited on 02/18/05 @ 08:40 PM]

DumAss Sorry!! I was logged on and my annoying little brother posted a comment while i wasn't looking> Terribly Sorry!!!
TheMightyLemon How long is this? I don't want it to be hours. Maybe 45-60 minutes. I don't want to play a scenario for hours at a time.
Reinfire
File Author
I am afraid its longer than an hour, I dont know how long it is exactly, but you wont finish it within an hour. I think its something like 90 min, but im not sure.
TheMightyLemon Is this map like Persona RPG or Final Fantasy X? I personally like Persona more
Reinfire
File Author
Well, its a bit of a mix of both. It has a similair level up system and map structure as Final Fantasy X. But it has got more eye-candy, cinematics and a shop, which you find more in Persona. So I dont know if it looks more like Persona or more like Final Fantasy.
TheMightyLemon I mean straight forward like Final Fantasy or free roaming like in Persona.
Reinfire
File Author
Oh well, in that case: straight forward like final fantasy x
TheMightyLemon I'll download and post a review because I've been hearing how good it is. I'll try playing it Friday, or Saturday.
TheMightyLemon
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Great triggers. Great cinematics. The only reason I give this a 4 is because of its tremendous length and the disadvantage of some people over other charcters. Also some things are VERY weird. When fighting the Heka when they use walking woods, the trees will attack the plants. Also if the 7 player computer isn't allied you cant go past the gate. You should probably change it for auto diplomacy like in all of FC_Nidhogg's scenarios.

Balance: 4
The disadvantages. The wizard is clearly the weakest one. Least range, least attack. The only thing he is good for is summoning and healing with a little attack in between.

Creativity: 5
The ideas were great. The races are also very impressive. I also like the city and the gatekeeper idea.

Map Design: 5
Great map design although it needs a little tweaking. The place next to the destroyed village. When you walk in if the cinematic is on it will kill you. Try making a invisible wall. I also liked the intergration of terrain with the place you are.

Story/Instructions: 5
Great story. Superb instructions. I never had a moment when I didn't know what to do.

Additional Comments:
Great map. Keep up the map making. Although I like Persona better this is still a superb map. The map is already hosted a LOT. Three games at one time usually. Hope you make some changes to the wizard. Also, although this is minor, you spelled plentiful wrong, you spelled it "plentifull".
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.7
Balance3.7