Download File Post Review Post Comment

King of Titans

Author File Description
SCN Punk l TVS
File Details
# of Players: 4
Version: AoM
HOST INSTRUCTIONS:

Host a game for 4 players, if you do not have 4 players, fill in the empty slots with computer players. Since computer players are idle and can't play, any players that do not make any units by the time the countdown ends are assumed to be computers and will be removed from the game. In the host menu, choose "Scenario" under Game Type and select "King of Titans.scn". You can play Teams or Free for All (FFA, no teams).

Note: This scenario was not made with The Titans Expansion and playing as Atlanteans will NOT work! As the host, please make sure no one chooses Atlanteans or Random All if you play the game using The Titans.

CONCEPT:

Each player begins with 2 Athenas in the "Choosing Area", which has several units to choose from. To spawn a unit, you must move your Athenas next to any of the units. There's two Athenas because each Athena will spawn a unit on its own, so you can make two types of units at once. There's a pop limit of 150 and your unit production will stop if you reach the pop limit. Units that have no pop count are limited, so you can only own so many at a time. If your Wonder is destroyed, your unit production will stop. You can also gain upgrades and new God Powers by owning the Plenty Vault in the center of the map over periods of time. Each culture you choose to play as gets units from that culture:

GREEK:

Helepolis
Petrobolis
Medusa
Shade
Colussus
Chimera
Hydra
Nem. Lion
Manticore
Centaur
Minotaur
Cyclops
Prodomos
Hippikon
Peltast
Toxotes
Hypaspist
Hoplite
Strong Hero (Zeus: Bellerophron, Posiedon: Polymephus, Hades: Perseus)
Hero (Zeus: Jason, Posiedon: Theseus, Hades: Ajax)

EGYPT:

Siege Tower
Catapult
Phoenix
Roc
Avenger
Mummy
Scarab
Scorpion Man
Petsuchos
Wadjet
Anubite
Sphinx
War Elephant
Camelry
Chariot Archer
Slinger
Axeman
Spearmen
Priest
Pharaoh (Limit 10)
Mercenary

NORSE:

Portable Ram
Ballista
Nidhogg (Limit 2)
Fire Giant
Fenris Wolf
Frost Giant
Mountain Giant
Battle Boar
Valkyrie
Troll
Einherjar
Hero of Ragnorok
Jarl
Huskarl
Hesir
Raiding Cavalry
Throwing Axeman
Ulfsark

CIV STARTING BONUSES:

Isis:
- Monument protection from God Powers at base (Regular Bonus)
- Serpent Spear
- Scalloped axe
- Leather Frame Shield

Ra:
- Chariots and Camels have more HP (Regular Bonus)
- Desert Wind
- Bone Bow

Set:
- Slings of the Sun
- Electrum Bullets
- Tusks of Apedemak

Loki:
- Thurisaz Rune
- Hall of Thanes
- Granite Blood

Thor:
- Meteoric Iron Mail
- Hammer of the Gods
- Dragonscale Shields
- Huntress Axe
- Berserkergang

Odin:
- Human Units Regenerate (Regular Bonus)
- Hill Fort Units have more HP (Regular Bonus)
- Sons of Sleipnir

Posiedon:
- Militia appear at destroyed buildings. (Regular Bonus)
- Spirited Charge
- Thracian Horses

Zeus:
- Hoplites move faster (Regular Bonus)
- Infantry do more damage to buildings. (Regular Bonus)
- Monstrous Rage
- Aegis Shield

Hades:
- Extra Building HP (Regular Bonus)
- Increased archer attack. (Regular Bonus)
- Sun ray
- Bacchanalia

PLENTY VAULT UPGRADES:

There are 4 Phases, each kind of acts like an Age-up in a Death Match game. Only one player can own the Plenty Vault and receive upgrades at a time.

Phase 1: If the Plenty Vault is owned by a player for 2 minutes, the player receives the following upgrades:

Medium Infantry, Medium Archers, Medium Cavalry, Medium Spearmen, Medium Axemen, Medium Slingers, Copper Weapons, Copper Mail, Copper Shields, Labyrinth, Will of Kronos, Sylvan Lore, Feet of the Jackal, Criosphinx, Aurora Borealis, Elhrimner Kettle, and Hamarrtroll.

Phase 2: If the Plenty Vault is owned by a player for another 4 minutes, the player receives the following upgrades:

Heavy Infantry, Heavy Archers, Heavy Cavalry, Levy Infantry, Levy Archers, Levy Cavalry, Heavy Spearmen, Heavy Axemen, Heavy Slingers, Levy Barracks Units, Heavy Chariots, Heavy Camels, Heavy Elephants, Levy Midgol Units, Levy Longhouse Units, Levy Hill Fort Units, Draft Horses, Bronze Weapons, Bronze Mail, Bronze Shields, Roar of Orthus, Crocodopolis, Rime, Hand of Talos, and Hierocosphinx.

Phase 3: If the Plenty Vault is owned by a player for another 6 minutes, the player receives the following upgrades:

Champion Infantry, Champion Archers, Champion Cavalry, Conscript Infantry, Conscript Archers, Conscript Cavalry, Champion Spearmen, Champion Axemen, Champion Slingers, Conscript Barracks Units, Champion Chariots, Champion Camels, Champion Elephants, Conscript Midgol Units, Conscript Longhouse Units, Conscript Hill Fort Units, Engineers, Iron Weapons, Iron Mail, Iron Shields, Burning Pitch, Shoulder of Talos, Face of the Gorgon, Flames of Typhon, and Atef Crown.

Phase 4: If the Plenty Vault is owned by a player for another 8 minutes (20 minutes total), the player then becomes victorious.

GOD POWERS
Each CIV starts with 1 Restoration God Power and can receive new God Powers with each Upgrade Phase:

Phase 1: Flamming Weapons
Phase 2: Shifting Sands
Phase 3: Lightning Storm

You will receive more of each God Power over periods of time.

This scenario was created by Tevious (aka: The Vampire Slayer) of SCN Punk.
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
TheMightyLemon This looks like something like Norse Wars but somehow I'm attracted to this scenario. I'll try it out then rate.
SCN Punk l TVS
File Author
Just as a FYI to everyone. I originally made this scenario about 2 years ago back when SCN Punk was very much active and designing for AoM. I had abandoned it due to some bugs that I couldn't fix and moved onto other games. Having felt I wasted a lot of time on this scenario, I recently went back, looked it over again, and was able to fix the bugs.

I'd like to thank Ykkrosh for making trigger copying possible with AoMEd and TheShadowDawn for his help with balancing; both 2 years ago.

Enjoy the map everyone! If its successful, I may be persuaded to make an AoM: The Titans version.

- Tevious

PS: Thanks TheMightyLemon.

[Edited on 02/28/05 @ 01:42 AM]

moneymoneymoney Punk its easy to make the titans version

Just go to scenario and find it. Then save it as a different name.
ArchNidhogg
(id: Mouse Overlord)
I'm pretty sure he knows that already. I think he means that he may put in an atlantean civilization, instead of just Egyptian, Greek, and Norse.
TheMightyLemon I just noticed... there's no Atlantean.
SCN Punk l TVS
File Author
Quoted from moneymoney:
"Punk its easy to make the titans version"

The name's Tevious or TVS (The Vampire Slayer) ;-). SCN "Punk" was the design team I was affiliated with when I designed the scenario. (Doesn't anyone here know who SCN Punk is? They were one of the best design teams for AoK, SWGB, and EE.)

Quoted from moneymoney:
"Just go to scenario and find it. Then save it as a different name."

I don't want to just make it a .scx or whatever file type The Titans uses. I'd have to include the Atlanteans and possibly add some new features and make some adjustments.

But, I don't even have The Titans x-pack. So I'd have to either go buy a copy (its like $20 now) or go make it over at a friend's house who has it. (I wasn't too thrilled with Atlanteans being the X-pack CIV.)

Quoted by TheMightyLemon:
"I just noticed... there's no Atlantean."

Yep: "Version: AoM"

- Tevious

[Edited on 02/28/05 @ 09:57 PM]

TheMightyLemon So what would happen if you had Titans. As most people do. Played online with an Atlantean. Would it seriously mess up and cause and huge and changeable glitch? Most scenarios are Titans Xpack.
SCN Punk l TVS
File Author
By the way the triggers are set up, if you played as Atlanteans, you would have all Greek units in the choosing area and they wouldn't spawn anything. And since you can't spawn anything, the game would think you were idle or a computer player and so it would remove you from the game when the counter ended for "Computer players will be removed in:".

So yeah, don't play as Atlanteans if you are playing this with The Titans expansion. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I made a note of it in the Host Instructions.

[Edited on 02/28/05 @ 09:59 PM]

TheMightyLemon Try asking some other scenario designers to make it Atlantean capable.
SCN Punk l TVS
File Author
Not anyone could just add on Atlanteans for me. It'd take someone highly skilled with triggers and someone who has the patience to make about a thousand more triggers, even with trigger copying. And not only that, they have to balance it correctly with the timers.

But I got some really neat ideas for a sequal using the x-pack. I might just pick up a copy and do it myself.

Anyone willing to give this scenario a review?

[Edited on 03/03/05 @ 06:27 PM]

Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Statistics
Downloads:535
Favorites: [Who?]0