Cinematic: Attack of the Space Monkeys

Author File Description
Hessu
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Attack of the Space Monkeys
By Hessu

=========================

Over 2500 years ago evil king of the space monkeys, Kong was short of bananas - again. To get more bananas he gave mission, get more bananas for his banana baths from planet Earth...

Features:

- Almost 40 minutes long

- Chapter menu (you can choose from 9 different chapters)

- Over 100 camera tracks

- You see what happen after real story (so don't hit esc right after the movie)

Installing:

Add scx. file to scenario folder and 2 mp3. files to sound folder.

Language of the movie is not perfect at all but I hope it don't bother you so much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
CaveTown Yay first download!!!!!!!!!!
CaveTown Where did you get that music that comes with this, because it's really cool? Also can I use the music? If you let me use the music for something, the next time you make something I will correct the spelling errors for you!!!

[Edited on 04/05/05 @ 07:42 PM]

Canadian_Dawwg YaY I'll download!
papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
Looks great, ill post review soon!
V01ture
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Watchabiltiy: 5
Okay, this was amazing, I always wanted to find out what was going to happen, the jokes were great too. I never wanted it to end. But, once it did it, for SURE it did not seem like 40 minutes.

Balance: 4
I think this means the tracks and things, anyways. You did great on the camera tracks, you never showed any corners, and you always had sky when you needed it. You had sharp, smooth camera angles, which really made it better looking, I gave it a 4 though because of the grammar. (I know you mentioned that earlier but still)

Creativity: 5
It may have been a cinematic, but still.....It was the most creative cinematic ever....Who would've thought of space monkeys attacking earth. And when the little boy jumped off the cilff his father never caught him. Awwwww. I really like how you made the spaceship in the sky, that was amazing. Not to mention when the huskarl got hit by the arrow...."slomo", that was sweet. Great job!

Map Design: 5
Okay, the spaceship was amazing! I really liked the inside of the spaceship too. It seems you took a lot, a LOT of time on making the elevation of the spaceship good and everything. I really liked the village, and how Kronos sweeped away the houses. So, I really enjoyed looking at the Map Design.

Story/Instructions: 5
Wow. I acturally knew what was going on. The story was amazing. Full of original events, and I was always wondering what was going to happen next. I really enjoyed the Story. I hope you keep up the great work.

Additional Comments:
This was my favorite cinematic. Sorry pftq, lol. I really thought this was hilarious, and I hope that you'll make another sequal, or somehting to this. Or just make another cinematic. You can't guess how good this is, you must watch it. Once again, GREAT JOB!!

[Edited on 04/05/05 @ 08:36 PM]

pftq
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance3.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
This to me is how well the cinematic plays. There was no lag or glitches, so it receives a perfect score from me. :)

Balance: 3
Balance to me is how well the timing of the tracks are, etc - basically the technical stuff. The reason it is a 3 is because it was rather a bit slow at some parts. The movie was also pretty silent - there were not too many sound effects and the same music was often repeated. The same camera tracks were also often repeated. Units also didn't always seem to pay attention to what's going on - Hank was often staring off in another direction when the monkeys were talking to him on the desert planet.

Pretty funny. :D There was quite a few neat scenes and the fight scene was great. Kronos being knocked into the lake was really unexpected. lol

Map Design: 4
The map design was pretty decent. There were scenes that could have used a bit more "touching up" and detail. One scene for example had a character in front of trees. However, you could clearly see it was not a forest but just a small group of trees.

I assume you created this on your own, so great job. :) Very well done - I was never at one point confused at what was going on.

Additional Comments:
Wow, thanks for mentioning me in the credits - I totally didn't expect that. I noticed you attempted to do a slow-motion scene. I suggest using a slow shrunk unit and moving it with Fiona to create that effect. ;)
You might also want to be sure there are not long periods of time with no sound as it can get quite boring. Overall great cinematic. :)
V01ture How come someone always surpasses me in there rating....your's just seems better pftq, ah well. Maybe it isn't. . .:O lol.
Christopher_Kott That was great just as good or a little worse than Mythic Cops and that was a good one congratz Hessu i really had a good Laugh. "Dont bannas grow on trees'' LOL!
annihilator2000
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 5
The cinematic was fun to watch, and there weren't any bugs or lag. There were some cool effects too. Only problem would be that the bad grammer made me have to read some of the things twice. Great cinematic!

Balance: 4
The camera tracks were mostly good, maybe couple that weren't perfectly controlled but oh well, and I think one in space stopped a second too early, making the spaceship look as though it stopped moving. Also some things were a tad long, leaving gaps between some of the better jokes and stuff.

Very creative idea, with all the monkeys and stuff, there were also good jokes throughout the cinematic (and alot at the end). I was actually thinking about posting that bananas grow on trees before that. :)

Map Design: 3
The map design was ok, with all the different locations and stuff, but alot of places really only had 1 or 2 textures, and more could have been blended in to improve variety. More eyecandy objects could have been added to some parts (like the edges of some areas). The scenes in space were very good, though.

Great and creative story, I always knew what was happening. Good job.

Additional Comments:
Again it was good cinematic, don't think I could have watched the full 40 minutes if it wasn't. :) The begining was really good, and also the jokes at the end. The "stars" moving past the spaceship were also a really good idea, and made it look like it really was moving. Great Job!
Hessu
File Author
Thanks all! I really didn't know would anyone really like it or not because I have seen it so many times so it is getting quite booring me. And ok I admit its 37 minutes long!!! Not 40 exactly.

Cavetown: You already have the track so ofcourse you can use it. And if I make another cinematic I have to get some one to check spelling - maybe that's you :)

Vo1ture: I'm glad you liked it. I might make another cinematic someday because it was really fun to do it. But I think im not going to do that for awhile.

pftq: I think I know what you mean with that silence moment - the very end. Reason is that there were perfect music track for it in beginning but I had to leave it because size of the file. So I just added some long music track there to just get it sended. Reason why you were on credits was because I liked your Mythic Cops so much so inspired from that I started to made story and started to do this. Usign shrunk unit on slomo scene? I dont quite get what you are meaning.

annihilator2000: I think also that map design have the most things to improve but if you watch the scenario on editor you see it is quite full builded and have took long time to do.

[Edited on 04/09/05 @ 09:13 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.8