Multiplayer Scenarios » Choke Point

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Choke Point

Author File Description
ATTEcLiPsE1
File Details
# of Players: 2
Version: AoM: The Titans
Two Greek armies are met in between a thin passage between two impassable mountains. You can figure out the rest

This is a simple game. Its a 1v1 scenario. In the bottom of your beginning area there is a hippikon, hoplite, toxotes. You can click one of them to get 30 of that unit. However, you are only allowed 2 armies, so clicking all three will get you a big, fat, loss. Once they are 'summoned' you will move tem up the blue path, representing their training. Killing things such as towers and lures will get you upgrades. And, that's pretty much it !

You'll get the hang of it after a few tries.

Some other features:
Godpowers to use
Random Lighting (four different lightings)
Strategy required to play!
5 minotaurs and 5 cyclops to use, and 3 heroes (Gen. Melagius included!)
Begins in a ceasefire to prepare
Music (duh...)

ATTEcLiPsE1
(ATT.151@gmail.com)

Have fun!

AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Christopher_Kott This was somewhat fun. If you gave more choice of units this would be a good scenario.
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
Any map is better than your review.
CaveTown I agree...
GreenLiquid
(id: gummyWorm)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 2
The scenario was bug-free and played well. Also I note that there was the walkway for the army and all, however the game will be limited since you only get two armies. It's really more of a game of Rock Paper Scissors: say you pick cavalry and inf. If your opponent picks inf and archers, you have no counter for the inf. but you do have a counter for archers, while he can counter both your units. You'll therefore lose the game quite easily (provided your opponent does a little microing. Another problem is that the scenario is a 1v1.

Balance: 4
Both sides have potential for good balance, but due to the army picking this cannot be guaranteed. Also, it seems that the enemy can only win by killing the unit for army summoning that you didn't use. This is a problem because if all your ranged units die, you cannot kill that unit.

Creativity: 4
This type of scenario is pretty fresh. Even so, 'choke point combat' things have been done a lot. It's pretty creative but not totally fresh, so I think a 4 would be a good rating.

Map Design: 4
There is plenty of eyecandy. There is lots of meshing. The eyecandy is really good, however nothing on the map looked exceptional, so eyecandy gets a 4 as well.

Story/Instructions: 4
There is no story, but there is decent instructions. Mainly the issue is that pretty much whoever reads the instructions first has a huge advantage. If someone's already played, even if they suck, they can buy themselves a minute or so of extra time. This can be solved by making the instructions into a cinematic.

Additional Comments:
Good scenario, but there are some minor problems to it. I personally think the overall concept is kind of flawed, here's a couple suggestions:

1) Add more unit types. With more types means more possible outcomes, causing the scenario to become less predictable.

2) Allow infinate armies, but you have to wait for a period of time to get another. This may keep the game going longer.

Regardless of these flaws this is a nice scenario and I reccomend you download it and maybe play a game or two of it. If you like this genre then by all means download it, this will really appeal to anyone who likes "Mini-games."
V01ture He is spewing out crap, no offence, but your review wasn't that good. It has to be 3 lines per topic, and explain why you put each number as it is.
ATTEcLiPsE1
File Author
Thanks for the review, gummy. After a short play with my n00b cousin and he won, I realize that you're right. I probably won't re-do it now, but I'll tweak it and stuff. Maybe over the summer I'll be done with Choke Point 2.

:)
Hikari
(id: echowinds)
"you done spewing out crap about me yet"

Sorry, I am not tasev, I don't "look for peace".

I speak my mind straight out.

[Edited on 04/25/05 @ 03:07 AM]

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability2.0