Gaurdian_112
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
LIQUID FIRE STUDIOS PRESENTS

H E R O E S
C H R O N I C L E S v1.1

*WINNER OF THE 2006 BEST SINGLE PLAYER SCENARIO AWARD*

'AoMPlayer's' list of bugs fixed.

Cinematic overlapping (in some cases) was curbed as well.

README:

Heroes Chronicles is a massive scenario based on the Age of Mythology Heaven Community. Don't worry, you
can still enjoy it even if you're not familiar with it.

Please read through this readme, Installation is
extremely important.

I N S T A L L A T I O N:

STEP 1:

- Place the SCENARIO called Lp.scx inside the SCENARIOS folder.

STEP 2:

- Place every single file inside the 'Sounds' folder inside the SOUNDS folder inside your Age of Mythology
directory. Please do not place the folder itself, go inside and extract the sound files directly into the
AoM sounds folder (I.E., don't put a sounds folder within the sounds folder).

STEP 3:

- Place the 'HC Logo.ddt' inside the TEXTURES folder in your Age of Mythology Directory.

That's about it. If you're having trouble, email me at Guardian@mammoth-games.com.

M I N I M U M-S Y S T E M-R E Q U I R M E N T S

The scenario features a load of Eye Candy, so I would reccomend a system with the following specs-

1.0 Ghz Proccessor
256 MB Ram
32 MB video card

If it lags, lowering the resolution might help. Please be aware that the first 10 minutes will lag as
triggers are unleashed, after that, you should experience none at all. Enjoy!

F E A T U R E S:

- Massive map based on the AoMH Community, with memorable locations including the mystical Tree City and
the battle ravaged Ambition Designs.

- Fast-paced combat- switch between ranged or melee weapons, and fight in huge battles along with your
party of fellow forumers.

- Based on the forumers of AoMH- see them walking, recruit them to your team, or kill them! The choice is
yours.

- Alternate endings to many missions.

- 'Exclusive' voice work done by Elpea himself for his unit (appears after Elpea is changed back to normal).

- Unique missions varying from easy to hard.

- Great soundtrack featuring Black knight and the Llama song!

ENJOY ALL!

KNOWN BUGS:

The following bugs will be fixed in a v1.2 along with Elpea's new additions to the story:

- The 'boat trip' bug.
- Potential overlapping cinematics.

Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Death_Guy5 I've extracted them and then tried, but it still wont let me. I hate my computer.....
Gaurdian_112
File Author
Damn. Well listen, play (and review:p) without the .ddt. Basically, all they do is add a spotlight image to the instructions. Enjoy, and make sure you install the sounds correctly!
waveslave
(id: waveslave610)
This sucks guys, Gaurdian gives such flat representations of so many unique personalites on HG that he could have made the entire scenario and went back after, renaming units to forumers at random. The "inside jokes" lack any depth at all, relying on a single idea and lasting approximately 3 seconds on screen. I would give this a 2-3 at most, but Gaurdian would whine to Kumar and get the review deleted.

ps Elpea's scenario on the otherhand will not suck, and at the very least, will not be a downloadable advertisement of Liquid Fire Studios.
Elpea
(id: lp_usa)
I MAKE NOT MAPS. :*.

Errm, AoE3 will get it.
Gaurdian_112
File Author
Yes, I would, wave, because you're argument is pathetic. I focused on the scenario design community for this one, and for good reason- I don't know or care for the community forumers, who actually don't even play this. I put them in there as courtesy since they are AoMHers after all.

However, guys like AoMPlayer, etc..- are represented in the scenario. Get over your 'Me and my buds weren't in there' whine, bud.

And +, this is first and foremost a SCENARIO, not a biography. They are in there to advance the plot, NOT TO ADVANCE THEMSELVES.

[Edited on 08/09/05 @ 12:40 PM]

Wizard 9000
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4
Pretty good, although all the eyecandy slowed the game up (for me, anyways). All in all, it was fun to play.

Balance: 4
For the most part the balance was pretty good, although at times (especially when the smurfs attack Byz and the gang) the enemy was very difficult. Lots of micromanagement needed there.

Creativity: 5
A real gem! Lots of magic and plenty of choices. Really good development here!

Map Design: 4
Plenty of eyecandy! The map was well designed. There were a few bugs around the barriers in the city. Sometimes they let units through, and sometimes they trapped units behind them. Still, the map was excellent!

Story/Instructions: 5
Neat how the storyline changes about midway through the game. Very funny.

Additional Comments:
Apart from the minor bugs, this scenario is worth your while. Good enough to deserve a sequel. Great work, Guardian!
waveslave
[q]I focused on the scenario design community for this one, and for good reason- I don't know or care for the community forumers, who actually don't even play this. I put them in there as courtesy since they are AoMHers after all.[/q]
Then Elpea had pretty bad judgment to place his original idea in your hands. My scenario involved community forumers, who actually have personality because they don't just talk about gaia flowers and upside down statues. But, I was pressured to stop because a similar scenario was being designed by HG staff for a christmas present, involving community forumers. Somehow, from the time you took hold of the project, you decided to erase the original idea and give your "buds" the roles of main characters and the community forumers as afterthoughts.

[q]And +, this is first and foremost a SCENARIO, not a biography. They are in there to advance the plot, NOT TO ADVANCE THEMSELVES.[/q]
Really? Funny since the PLOT revolves around you and the guardian smurfs, it would seem to be an autobiography.

When you strip away the overhyped "every single registered user on AoMH ever (except the noteworthy ones)! aspect, the game was pretty average.

I probably won't post again because of the lack of quote tags, but come to this thread if you want http://idiots.elpea.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=134

(OMG LORD GAURDIAN YOU GOT YOUR NAME IN A SUBJECT LINE THAT WILL PUMP UP YOUR EGO A BIT MORE EH?)
^ Sorry, a bit of my IA2 flares up once in a while.

[Edited on 08/09/05 @ 03:04 PM]

Gaurdian_112
File Author
1) Stop whining just because you aren't in it.

2) Stop whining because I didn't 'accurately portray' your god-like friends at the community forum- OF WHICH I WAS NOT A PART OF.

3) You are IN the scenario. That's all. You are there to ADVANCE THE PLOT. I am not going to project your personality here, or in the sequel I have plan.

Get over it. I can't add the community forumers as main characters because, simply put, I had my ass banned for a freaking year and I don't know CRAP about them.

Get it? If you want to whine and whine about it, go do that to Elpea, who I begged for ages to give me some info on them- he didn't want to until it was released.

Another fact? Nobody from the Community forum even plays scenarios. They're all at AoE3H- AoMH IS the design forum.

If it means that much to you, I'll add you in a sequel or something. Or a patch.

lol.

[Edited on 08/09/05 @ 11:15 PM]

Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Hm... As I see it, Wavey is indeed a bit insulted because a community scenario was originally his idea, and moreover this one doesn't fit his expectations, because he wanted to focus his one on the community guys.

All I can say is, well, this one was intended to focus on our community, the SD one. Although "who actually have personality because they don't just talk about gaia flowers and upside down statues" sounds quite funny, we CAN make a scenario about our community, it's not that we're a herd of sheep in the SD forum.

So... get over it, Wavey, sorry. I can see why you're disappointed, but this scn is obviously made for another forum ;).

And to be totally frank, although it might be a bit harsh: I don't believe you would have finished your scn either.
waveslave
[q]And to be totally frank, although it might be a bit harsh: I don't believe you would have finished your scn either.[/q]
Yeah, that's probably true. :P
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.6
Balance4.1
Creativity4.8