Download File Post Review Post Comment

Uprising

Author File Description
Shrink
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
From Ambition Designs;
Uprising

Telos squinted to look through the enveloping darkness. By a distant torchlight he caught a glance of the lumbering beast. But where was it going? Before he could contemplate any answer, rumbling footsteps could be heard - getting closer... closer still.
He stepped backwards, his hands flailing behind him to find some support, something to give comfort. All he found was the rough wet and stone surface of the high block of housing.
By another torch, he glimpsed it again. It was moving quickly.
The housing behind him was precariously built, fashioned with many houses on top of each other up a cliff side – people who lived on the higher buildings obviously used stairs and ladders to get to their dwellings.
Telos heard the high pitched growl. It was almost mechanical, like the sound of sharpening a weapon.
There was a light in the lowest abode, and he could hear the faint sound of talking and laughter through the closed shutters. He almost wanted to shout to them, for help; to help themselves.
Out of nowhere, the creature was everywhere. It launched into the air, and through mere instinct, Telos dived out of the way. The monster didn’t even notice – it pummeled through the side of the building on the lowest floor, and it disappeared inside, dust billowing.
Telos stood up, watching, sword in hand and ready for another attack. Another rumbling could be heard, a different one, and a creaking too. Before the creature could even move, the entire five stories of buildings collapsed down on top of it.
An ear shattering howl was soon cut out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Gaurdian_112 Woohoo, first download! I'll play and review! (YOU DIDNT REVIEW HC YET YOU...)
RiderOfEternity I got 3rd dl :P
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Guess who got the second...

Muhahahaa-haaa...

*pwns Rider*

Sorry for the spam, I'll check out the scn, although I heard it'd be very difficult ;-).
Isengrim oh... i only got 10th... i suck :(
Canadian_Dawwg Well I got 11th
Shrink
File Author
Haha, yes, it is quite difficult. Unless you explore everywhere all the damned time. :p
PrinceScamp I got 13th ya....oh great... *sigh* the sound is 21 megs... and will take me DAYS to download... hours if i use the accelerator...
Gaurdian_112
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Playability: 4

Alright, where do I begin. Well, the opening cinematic is actually pretty bad (it's just text;)), but from then on, the scenario turns out to be pretty entertaining! There are tons of goodies to discover (the graveyard was awesome), the wasp nests, the ballistas- it's really a great scenario.

And a hard one too. It would get pretty boring at times to just sit and hack away at the Eirnjars. Against myth units your hero is too weak.

Pros: The Boss battle (fantastic), the maze, lots of great trigger tricks, virtually NO bugs.

Cons: Kind of slow, espiacally when fighting Myth units.

Balance: 4

Pretty damn hard. It's not unbeatable or anything, but I loaded it up atleast 24 times, lol. There are a few issues, for example, your Leviathan can die (happened twice) and this actually makes the scenario unbeatable (so watch out). The scenario depends heavily on shrines/g/ps/etc..- however, unfortunately, it is really hard to find these shrines. The bear is also incredibly weak and it's pretty hard to keep track of his health.

On the other hand, the swamp area was pretty easy, as was the fight with the Fallen one. I can't complain though- it was a welcome relief:).

Needless to say this is balanced very well. It's not a perfect 5, but for those of you looking for a challenge, god damnit, this is IT!

Pros: Offers a good challenge for the pros, alot of unique strategies to try out.

Cons: It's damn hard. I replayed it 24 times. Thank god for quicksave!

Creativity: 5

This scenario is OOZING in creativity man. There are alot, and I mean ALOT, of trigger tricks, spectacular stuff. I espiacally enjoyed the graveyard part, and the maze was a delight.

The riddles will be fun, but be warned, they can be hard:p!

Pros: Lots of stuff. And I mean- LOTS OF STUFF.

Cons: None, really.

Map Design: 4

Nice! Dense forests with lots of cool stuff. Lots of paths to follow, and exploring was made funner by the little things placed here and there.

A little more eye candy would've been better, and more variation in the terrain. The forest seemed endless, and got pretty repetitive after a while, despite all the cool little trigger tricks to be found. Giant statues, some mystical things here and there would really have given a greater atmosphere.

Pros: Dense, beautiful forests, lots of cool places to visit.

Cons: Repetitive.

Story/Instructions: 5

Great. The author created his own world, and the story is intriguing. I espiacally liked the riddles because they sort of forced you to keep up with the story. Objectives and Hints are the best I've ever seen, and you're really guided along most of the way. Good stuff.

I don't like the use of Chats for dialogue but that is just me, so it won't detract, ofcourse.

Pros: Well organized, intriguing story-line.

Cons: NONE.

Additional Comments:

This is great. I guess it's only weaknesses are the opening cinematics and the difficulty factor- man, this is pretty hard. I had to load it up so many times:P.

D O W N L O A D T H I S N O W.

(The Marsh looks great).

[Edited on 06/12/05 @ 03:26 PM]

EaZy
(id: EazY_Ben)
Looks cool.
Wakain I've got none.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username: