Download File Post Review Post Comment

The wrath of Set

Author File Description
Citrus Caesar
(id: The Guarding One)
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
The Wrath Of Set

The slender woman slowly walked down the set sandstone floor, up to her advisor. “Any news?” she whispered. The aged, wise priest tore himself from the soulful view of villagers claiming water from the Nile, using shadufs, and turned to meet her eyes.
The woman, dressed in a light, translucent lilac gown, waited patiently. The priest opened his mouth.
“We are not safe anymore.” He whispered. “Pepi has traveled a perilous journey across the desert to get to Karnak. He has a small group of troops with him”
The woman sighed, showing irritation.
“So what” She sighed. “I can stop him, I have the power! After all, I am the High Priestess of Isis”
The advisor gazed at the Nile once again. “He is not alone. He has Set on his side.”
At that, the priestess realized the threat. She looked extremely concerned. She sprinted out of the temple, and looked across the desert, from upon the precipice.
“They have come for revenge” she whispered to herself. “We turned to Isis, and stopped worshipping Set. Now he comes to punish us!”

But the High Priestess need not be worried. Isis was on their side.

A scenario created by The Guarding One.

This scenario includes:

• A beautiful 400 x 400 map, full of eye candy.
• Four major missions.
• Chances to fight with the Guardian and the Son of Osiris.
• Helping hands from the gods.
• An entertaining plot.
• Intro Cinematic.
• And more!

There is a new way to quit the game: Press Enter, type in quit, and press enter again. This will take you back to the main menu. Quitting this way means that surprises will not be spoilt when the map is revealed when you press quit from the in-game menu.

Place the Scenario file in My DocumentsMy GamesAge of MythologyScenario, and select it from the Load Scenario menu in-game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
kronoss good job
Tinus i like it - nice! i only don't get it with the guardian - how do you get him?
Citrus Caesar
File Author
You have to find the sword bearers, and bring them to him. (They are near the temple to Isis you have to destroy. They become yours when you defeat the temple!)
Isengrim well, im downloading this scenario - no doubt about that! i will comment on it later.

Isengrim
Citrus Caesar
File Author
Yay!

Over 50 downloads! Could someone review please as I would love to hear (or read) from you!

[Edited on 06/27/05 @ 11:36 AM]

game_master64 In a word, wow.
Isengrim
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
Not for a long time have I come across such enjoyable scenarios! The Wrath of Set kept my attention and I generally thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the sacrificial temple - it was very original although it should be brought to attention that it stopped working correctly after a while. (I am trying not to give the game away)

Balance: 4
It is a strong scenario which kept my interest all the way to the end, but having benig a player of AoM since the beginning I found that this scenario wasn't totally challenging me. Even on 'hard' I found that the scenario was intermediate in skill to complete. This is of course not a bad thing as there was the odd battle that nearly caught me off guard, and I know that players sometimes tend to prefer a more relaxed scenario... just a thought, this is why I gave it 4 instead of 5.

Creativity: 5
Well, what can I say, along with the map design - the creativity sparkled. and as it says in the blurb at the scenario download screen, it has 'atmosphere'! Triggers were finely exploited throughout the map and especially I refer to the sacrificial temple and the cut scenes. If I had anything else to say it would be to keep exploring new ways of performing triggers etc...

Map Design: 5
Well The Guarding One has not failed to disapoint me in this area so far, and The Wrath of Set is no exception. The atmospheric air of realism that captures the lands of Egypt in this scenario is phenomenal to say the least. These are the kinds of scenario that I love, (Sorry if 5 seems a biased score in this case), esecially I commend the rock formations, the forests even the shapes and contours of the land! If nothing else, download this scenario to see the design, it is great!

Story/Instructions: 4
I guess I have given the story a 4 because I don't think it was 'that' original an idea, but with the amount of other scenarios with similar themes it is hard to find an original story. But again it was entertaining, and was well set out, all the objectives flowed on time and I had no problem with what I had to do and what else had happened so instructions were well done. Good job.

Additional Comments:
Ok, this is my first review in like a year, maybe two, so don't bite my ear off. I unfortunatley tend to be too nice sometimes, so please take any criticism that I have made and take it seriously (this is not a threat ;p)

I am eargerly looking forward to your next Guarding One! Hurry up!!!! :D

Isengrim
Citrus Caesar
File Author
My next scenario involves Jason, the Golden Fleece, and Argonauts...
Citrus Caesar
File Author
By the way, the sacrificial temple only works for CONVERTED, not created, animals.
Isengrim i look forward to your next scenario... :)

Isengrim
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.3