Browse Categories
New Files

Utility Programs » AOM Campaign Maker 1.9.1

Download File Post Review Post Comment

AOM Campaign Maker 1.9.1

Author File Description
Mangatome AOM Campaign Maker v1.9

Hi all!
The Campaign Maker now works with AOM and AOM The Titans !

Help is in the readme.txt in the zip file :)

Updates
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Version 1.9.1 updates :
-"Examine directory" error message disabled.
-Backgrounds names in overlay editor now coressponds to AOMCM's backgrounds' names
-Overlay Backgrounds sets now include base background sets if missing.
-Better overlay mapper backgrounds images (thanks again AoMPlayer000)
-Overlay mapper image scrolling enabled.

Version 1.9 updates :
-Overlay mapper (pfiou!)
-Campaign menu is now 'Tools' menu.
-Added 'Overlay mapper' to 'Tools' menu.
-'Configuration' is now in 'Tools' menu.
-Atlantis background is now named "New Atlantis" (it's the AOM:TT Atlantis background), and "Old Atlantis" is the AOM Atlantis background.
-Balloon tips help content improved.
Mangatome
File Author
Updated to version 1.8.1 with minor bug fix.
:)
Tinus This is a must have! Its easy to use and looks good when i already opened it! Thanks!
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
Rating
EDIT: v1.9.1 Is almost perfect with the possibility to drag & drop overlays. A very useful file for campaign makers. Clearly a 5.

(OLD REVIEW) This is a great file. Definitely. All the hard cpn/cpx scripting is (almost) superfluous.

Minor issues:

* In the "Version" field you can't type points, this would be necessary though for 1.02, for example.
* The .cmp file (the project file) should be saved in the program's folder per default, not in AoM's data folder. There it's just another file which messes up the overview ;-). The default save/load directory for *.cmp files should be the program's folder.
* If you cancel the *.cmp file, the *.cpx file isn't saved either. So you should either make it save the *.cpx despite of the cancelled *.cmp file, or abort the saving process when we've cancelled the *.cmp saving.
* The program doesn't deal with scenarios in subfolders... This is no big deal though, as you can enter the folder in the filename manually, too.
* When you load/edit a *cmp file and generate it, all the fields in the program become empty again.

And most important and the ONLY reason I didn't rate this 5.0:

PLEASE include an option to include overlays (those little images on the background, like arrows, points, unit symbols etc.). It'd be grand, I mean REALLY grand, if you made it possible the following way:
For each scenario you can edit the background, as before, but a window opens that displays this background. Now you can load and drag & drop overlays in this window, and the program stores their position :-). Moreover you'd need the option to load background assemblages from earlier scns in the campaign to go on drawing from there.

As we can't directly load overlay pictures though (as they're stored in *.bar archives in *.ddt format), I'd suggest you let us load a pic through the following method: We have to determine its path and size, and then we move white boxes around in that window, which have the size we determined. This way we could also include custom overlays.

If you made this possible, it'd be the perfect program. It's actually the hardest part of campaign scripting to include those overlays, because you have to enter the coordinates manually and load AoM to see whether your guess was close or not, and than quit and repeat the whole thing many times...

And even without this it's great (especially those help bubbles). Many thanks :-)!

[Edited on 07/23/05 @ 06:28 AM]

Mangatome
File Author
I'm really proud to have such a feedback.
I'll do my best to add those features to my program.

I actually started writting an overlay editor, but this is pretty hard to code.
I'll also fix the minor issues you mention.

Thanks again for commenting my file :)
Mangatome
File Author
Updated to version 1.8.2 with minor bug fixes.
Overlay editor is in developpment :)
Gr�n
G.R.E.A.T.!! ;-)

Another input: Est-ce que c'est possible de rendre les flèches accessibles qui sont montrées dans les images overlay dans la campagne originale de AoM?

I mean, can you save those arrows somewhere so we can drag them around, and also those red and blue points on the map? The rest of the images could be able to be displayed as white boxes with a particular size, as I mentioned before, but those arrows could be handy...

It is important though that custom overlays can be also included, but with that white-box-solution it would be fine.

Oh, and now the default folder for the cpn/cpx file is the program's folder, too... Should be the data folder. Although I don't know whether it's possible to have to different default locations for the two filetypes... And sometimes the entries in the fields still vanish after having generated a campaign file.

PS: Corrige mon français, s'il te plaît ;-).

[Edited on 07/02/05 @ 03:31 PM]

Mangatome
File Author
"Est-ce que c'est possible de rendre accessibles les flèches qui sont montrées dans les images overlay dans la campagne originale de AoM?" ton français est correct ;)

All is possible lol, but I need some BMP screenshots of theses overlays (i can't read PPT files), and also screenshots of the backgrounds. Can you help me ?
I also need to know how overlays are uses and defined in cpn/cpx.

PS : The bug will be fixed in the next version :)

[Edited on 07/04/05 @ 05:07 AM]

Gr�n
Um, sure. They're all actually stored in the textures(2).bar, so you can get them from there (you'll need AoMED to convert them from .ddt to .bmp then).

And in the .cpn/.cpx files there're tags like this one which place overlays:

Overlay offset = "487 421" size = "32 32"uioverlay_arrow_31/Overlay

(I left out the > and < because then this wouldn't display properly here, but you can have a look at it in the AoM campaign files :-).)

The first number is the position, the second one is the size, and the last thing is the filename of the overlay (stored in the textures(2).bar).

PS: If something is unclear, just ask, I'll help you. Do you have MSN?

[Edited on 07/05/05 @ 01:45 PM]

Mangatome
File Author
Ok thanks for precisions.
But what is overlays origin.
I mean where is situated the (0,0) point? at the top-left hand corner?
Thanks for the AomED tip, i'll see what to do.

Yes i've got msn but I prefer not to add too much contacts on it, i lose myself on it sometimes. But email communication is possible :)

I'll post here when there will be some news. :)
WSAL Hi,

I came on your site: www.cybisoft.fr.st to ask you for AOMCM but the form isn’t working.

Excuse my English, because I’m bad at foreign languages(I'm french)

My question:

When I look in the AOMData directory’s, I find 2 files with the same names but with different extensions (ex: SUNGOLD 2 or Golden Gift). One file can be opened with Note Pad and other can’t. When I create my campaign with AOMCM only one file creates (can be opened with NP). Is that the reason I can’t find my campaign inside the campaign menu?
Does that come from an error in the creation of my scenarios (I used the effect “advance campaign progress”) or from parameter settings in the AOMCM.

Thank You

Will ;op

[Edited on 07/06/05 @ 10:27 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating