Home
New Releases
New Reviews
New Comments
Top-Rated

Submit File
Browse Categories
New Files

Single Player Scenarios » Dark City (CINEMATIC)

Download File Post Review Post Comment

Dark City (CINEMATIC)

Author File Description
Guardian Of Isis
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
--------------------------
!!!!!!!!!!README!!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------

------------
Introduction
------------

Read this short intro to the cinematic before starting it.

Some time after The New Atlantis campaign, Ajax and a small group of soldiers are making a travel to a Greek harbor. He wishes to go to Atlantis, to seek Kastor. On his journey through the Greek country, he finds himself in a rainy, muddy marshland. They are going to Zartos City, a place where they will rest up before continuing their journey. However, when they reach Zartos City, it is empty...

------------------------
Installing the cinematic
------------------------

- Place the "Dark City.scx"-file into your Age of Mythology/scenario folder. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
GreenLiquid
(id: gummyWorm)
First Download!
Guardian Of Isis
File Author
I accidentally posted it twice....

Sorry for that!
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
It's nice, although shades as opponents are getting lame now ;-D...

Apart from that, it was indeed a nice watch. DL recommendation.
Archaeopterix
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
Playability means in this case the smoothness of the cinematic. Well, this was great. Only once a dialog was overwritten (just after Ajax asked "and what's gonna happen with me?"). Besides that, it's non-stop nice camera tracks and cuts and natural dialogues.

Balance: 4
Balance in this case means the time-balance (wether it's too fast or too slow). One or two scenes were a little slow, but over-all it's certainly good enough for a 4!

Creativity: 4
I always admire people who make cinematics, because I find it the most boring thing you can do in the editor. A nice story including links to Ajax's past in the original campaign grant you a 4 in this category.

Map Design: 3
Nothing spectacular, but it fitted the cinematic, so a 3 here.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story was good, but not very good. It was the multifunctional cliche again: Mr. Evil releases an evil creature, and the good guy has to stop it. This mediocre story combined with the smooth dialogues still grant you a 4 though: nothing to be a shamed of!

Additional Comments:
Very well done, this is a must-see.
GreenLiquid
(id: gummyWorm)
Rating
Breakdown
Playability5.0
Balance5.0
Creativity4.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 5
(In this review, playability means bugs or messups in the cinematic) The only slipup I could see was that the edge of the map was barely visible in one scene, obviously not enough to bring down the 5 rating. The cinematic did not lock up/bug/stop (for me), so that's good. Finally, all's well for any other bugs. So good work!

Balance: 5
(In this review, balance will be replaced with Effects, such as cameras, fog, rain, etc) Effects was very well done. Quite literally, there was rain and effects like fog. The camera angles/tracks were superb, I don't think I could ever replicate some of those tracks. Sound effects were excellent... the scene is well set with wolf howls, grass rustling, etc.

Creativity: 4
Creative storyline. Main complaint here is that the "Releasing Titans from Tartarus, wreak havok on earth" theme is really... overdone. Also we've seen a good number of shades in cinemas (see Nowhere). Regardlessly, It's pretty good, and some of the effects were very well set up and were very unique.

Map Design: 5
There's plenty of eyecandy all over. Not totally plastered, but personally I could care less. I'm kind of more the "fuctionality over looks" sort of person. Some areas did need a 'makeover,' but not so much that the scenario does not deserve a 5 in this area.

Story/Instructions: 4
Nice storyline, but it ends too abruptly. He just gets up and goes on a boat. Yes, there was an explaination, but I was expecting maybe a more "settling" ending. Still it's not a runiner.

Additional Comments:
Excellent cinematic!
Guardian Of Isis
File Author
Yay! A 4.2! Thx for the reviews, guys.
Gr�n
(id: AoMPlayer000)
I'd rate it at 4.2 as well, I think.
dwieeb Not bad. Camera tracks in the rain causes a weird error of white zoomy things but that is unavoidable unless you separate the rain from the camera track. Overall it's not bad. Could've had more of a story line in the beginning. I'd rate it a 3.9.
Guardian Of Isis
File Author
Is good too. I see you didn't feel like posting a review. I get that all the time. ;)
harrison600 plz tell me how i can put it in scenirinio ?
plz tell me
im a newbie to this

thank you im haz
harrison600
Pages: [1] 2 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?