Download File Post Review Post Comment

The 3 Saxon Kings

Author File Description
hollanj
File Details
Style: Mix
# of Scenarios: 1 prologue, 4 scenarios
Version: AoM: The Titans
After the titans are destroyed and Kronos is dead Kastor thinks that Atlantis is safe. He leaves the city to Ajax who is invaded by Saxons. Kastor, Amanra and Ajax must defeat 3 Saxon Kings, a Saxon titan and return home. Includes cinematics, puzzles and objectives.
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
ToxicMonkey This is a very nice campaign. I played through it on intermediate level...nice eye candy and well structured maps. Cinematics were pertinent and not too long and with interesting camera angles. Good triggerwork.
This campaign kept my interest. Even with the anachronistic names of the kings :)
Good use of the game voices too.

The author has obviously spent a lot of time on it and it's well worth downloading and playing.
Well done...keep them coming ;)
CaveTown The edge of the map was shown to much in the cinematics, so it kind of got to where I didn't like it at all, there was no music in the scenarios, the scenarios were boring.
hollanj
File Author
thanx Toxic Monkey

Hey Caveman i did have music in the prologue. I didnt want it in da oda movies otherwise you wouldn't be able to hear the sounds and dialog. I obviously have very different views to you. Too much eyecandy on the map annoys me and your maps in "The Oracle of Puemite" were just too jam packed and complicated probably cos u copied them from the original campaign. My levels are hardly boring. You were probably playing your own. You had lack of objectives and triggers in " The Oracle of Puemite" and i disliked playing on different angles. But it can't be all harsh there was some good triggerwork and the campaign file waz well structured. Lolz. Don't take too harshly. PLz respond
hollanj
File Author
Left a bit out lol
Your music was "Wang Chung" and you had no puzzles our interesting things in ur levels
CaveTown I'm going to rate your campaign now.
CaveTown
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0
Map Design3.0
Story/Instructions3.0
Playability: 3
(The cinematics show the edge of the map way to much. There was no music during playing, which made the scenarios very boring. I didn't know exacly what I was supposed to do at some points in the scenario, although at some other points, I knew exacly what to do. The campaigns story is kind of, strange. The gameplay would have been alot funner if there was music in it. )

Balance: 4
(This scenario is balanced on most parts of it, although there are a few parts that get a small bit unbalanced, but the camapaigns balance overall is still pretty good, so I gave it a four. I think the campaign was balanced almost perfectly.)

Creativity: 3
(There isn't to much creativity in this campaign, but the story seemed partly original, although you said it happened after the AoMTT campaign, so I gave it a bit lower score. Also not having music in the scenarios also took off of the creativity, but your still creative though. )

Map Design: 3
(Your map design wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that bad. Also you didn't put anywhere nearly enough terrain mixing, but the map design still wasn't that bad.)

Story/Instructions: 3
(The story seemed partly original, although you said it happened after the AoMTT campaign, so I gave it a bit lower score. Some instructions I figured out exacly what to do from, and ones I didn't figure out exacly what to do from, I couldn't understand at all.)

Additional Comments: This campaign could be alot better if you fix it a little, if you do fixes, I might rate it better.

[Edited on 09/27/05 @ 06:13 PM]

Dark_pegasus maps with eyecandy are all well and good, but can be too jampacked and very anoying, also music during scenarios gets on my nearves, i have media player on all time lol
CaveTown maps don't have to be like Vandhaals campaign, I just think it needs basic eye-candy such as terrain mixing, also without music the game is boring.
Kronos29 Playability: 5
Okay, it was playable, changed the feel of the map every time i changed the difficulty. Challenge me if it wants to, and make me happy if it desires.

Balance: 5
Though it's hard, you can win. The campaign makes sure that when you lose you'll come back for more. Was very balanced in my opinion.

Creativity: 4
Not very creative. Because there are already many AOM:TT "sequels" of the sort. And one guy even posted it at modpacks section.:)
Map Design: 3
Nice map design. Although I didn't like the huskarl titan in one of the scenarios. It was good in cinematic mode until it attacks your troops.(It looks very ugly!) I would have preffered a hersir.

Story/Instructions: 3
Not bad in this category. Nut sometimes this campaign makes the player itch his head and say: " D***, What will I do Next?

Additional Comments:
Good campaign. Although it needs improvement, it was good

[Edited on 11/12/06 @ 12:41 PM]

Practiso I turned that Nightmare "titan" into a pig. Using the pandoras box cheat. Not bad though for a imagination. I liked the campaign, problem was it was too short.

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability3.0
Balance4.0
Creativity3.0