Heroines

Author File Description
Arch and Shrink
File Details
# of Players: 1-4
Version: AoM: The Titans
Ambition Designs Presents
H E R O I N E S
An omniplayer scenario by top-rated designers Shrink and Archaeopterix.

Fight computer players as if they were human, visit cosey villages and make use of their bonuses. Move your armies around in a beautiful jungle, but watch out for landmines placed by the enemy.

Unleash a monkey bomb, micromanage it to your enemies and then just wait a while until it explodes. Don't forget to laugh at your wounded opponents.

Lay siege on the fortress and cast shockwave on it's defenders. Operate it's stationary ballistae, or sneak outside and control AoK-style onagers.

Walk into your enemy unexpectedly and try to conquer the town. Throw around with powerful spells and try to keep overview of battlefield. The battlefield? It's chaos.

Heroines is a scenario that can be played both in singleplayer mode (main menu, single player, load scenario) and multiplayer mode (through ESO). And on ESO, if you can't fill all the player slots, then computers will gladly help you out! Be sure to set difficulty as Titan, and let the battle begin...

This is the shortest possible description of Heroines, and still an incomplete one. Because Heroines is more, much more than you can possibly describe in words. So we won't attempt to. Just download and play. You'll see.

Also, don't forget to read the detailed guide which will help you improve your Heroines skills!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
nottud
Staff
VERY GOOD GAME!!!
Cavuy
(id: jonathan1222)
Very nice! To bad I can't review as I'm a member of Ambition Designs aswell.

[Edited on 12/13/05 @ 04:07 PM]

papaya
(id: X_MOSS)
Staff
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance5.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design5.0
Story/Instructions5.0
Multiplayer: 2 humans vs. 2 TITAN AIs

Playability: 4
This is one of the best games I have played on ESO in a long time. It is very fun and never gets boring. The only problem is the AI isn't very smart and loses their units often in the start of the game. I like the triggers you put in the make the computers more human like, but I believe more can be done. But, over all I believe it has been very well made and balanced.

Balance: 5
This is a very balanced game. One of the many things I like about it is when a player is eliminated; its remaining units get converted to the remaining players. I believe this is a great idea. Another thing I like is the spells. The relics found throughout the map can change the game a whole lot. For example, the monkey bomb can be used to get into the fortress fast, thus giving them a huge advantage. But then the player in the fortress can cast ancestors and protect him/herself so they can get away. The game can also change very fast, I know this from experience. I was playing a game with someone, and I was 'pwning' them, but I made a bad move and they had a good strategy and ended up wining. Overall, I think the balance is great!

Creativity: 5
This is a very original map. Very unlike "CaT aNd MiC3 v7 ~ EdItEd bY: IeaTbUgs" The fact that sometimes units will join your side, and sometimes they wont is a very good idea. And I like how the powerful units like to switch sides often, this is a good idea. Having the two catapult shooters is also neat. You have to try to keep them alive but also fight a battle on the other side of the map, very challenging!

Map Design: 5
It is hard to put this into words! The eyecandy and nature is just amazing! If look at the mini map, the map looks a lot bigger then it really is, that’s because it is filled with TONS of objects, but, its not to crowed so that you cant get your units through. I can tell that you spent a lot of time on the map itself, so I would just like to say... good job!

Story/Instructions: 5
Very good into, my only complaint is that it is very long, and I don’t like to watch it every game, but I cant think of any way to get all the info through without making it that long. Good job on it though; it explains everything you need to know. Now, this scenario doesn't have much of a background story, but it is still good nonetheless!

Additional Comments:
A very good map, I couldn’t find ANY bugs whatsoever! I look forward to playing many more games on it!

[Edited on 10/03/06 @ 08:25 AM]

V01ture Very nice map.
Archaeopterix I agree and am very content with both the reviews (and of course with the two other comments). Thanks a lot for spending your precious time on writing this!
Anastasoulis This is from playing the game thrice at single player.

Playability: 5
Yes, it was very playable, but the comp player AI isn't anything great to beat -as it wasn't specifically designed for something like this.
Perhaps you could've written your own AI to fix this problem...

Balance: 5
The idea of spells granted the way you do it, is very original and also they don't spoil the balance even though they do provide an edge. Much like how Microsoft has done when making the game, where they tried to balance things out in every civilization.

Creativity: 5
This is an original idea, never been done before like this and even though I don't play multiplayer over in ESO, I can still understand the Chaos that would ensue in such a game.

Map Design: 4
It is a very nice map, and I saw that you've taken care of even various details -like the mummy flies over the dead corpses.
However, it was mostly jungle, no very intricate buildings (which I like), or terrain existed -hence the 4 (sorry my opinion).

Story/Instructions: - 5
The instructions were full and to the point, but I guess one has to play a couple of times before he fully understands how the system works.

Comments:
The only bug I found, was when I've had a militia stuck in between the trees, due to moving/fighting in narrow pathways through the jungle. But I guess, this isn't your fault but the games'.
Great work you guys, congrats and well done.

regards

[Edited on 11/22/05 @ 06:07 PM]

Cavuy
(id: jonathan1222)
Ensemble Studios developed the game, while Microsoft published it.

[Edited on 05/07/06 @ 09:50 AM]

Anastasoulis OK Jonathan, sorry -true it's Ensemble Studios, but I know Arch and Shrink are 2 persons ~ Arcaeopterix and Shrink that is.
But isn't there a relationship between Ensemble Studios and Microsoft?

regards
Shrink ES are owned by Microsoft. :)

Thanks for the review, it's most kind.
Anastasoulis OK about the review Shrink, it's really hard to review scenarios of guys who are master designers.

Also thanks about the info, but I kind'a knew that and my question was rhetorical in order to point out the fact. Sorry if I was misunderstood, but some times I use philosophical rhetoric in order to say my point.

regards

George
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown