Download File Post Review Post Comment

Disciples of Chaos: 4. The Lords of the Shadows

Author File Description
dwieeb
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
Here is the continuing story of DOC-

Guegurmoth's Post-
A few years ago, a summoner called Hefichi attempted to conquer the Western Cities.
At his side he had 7 disiples. They were his apprentices and would accomplish his every
will. But when he called them to burn the city down, killing thousands of innocent men, women
and children, three of them diclined. Hefichi cursed them with a terrible curse. The three
could not live if Hefichi was dead. The other four disiples fought and severly wounded the
three, then they carried out the Dark Summoner's deeds. The three warriors, Jaidon, Heriggo,
and Armehh, now must stop the dark forces from conquering all of Ommech. Their first task
was to speak with King Garius, of the Northerners, to ask his help in saving Ommech. He
accepted and provided a small fleet. The three were commanded to take out Guegurmoth's
Post, which guarded the now corrupt Western Cities... (story will continue when you
download Disiples of Chaos: 2. The Reign of Agbar)

Then the story from Reign of Agbar-
King Garius called upon the three warriors to travel to the Western Cities, not far from
Guegurmoth's Post. They came upon the city and saw the horror that they had fled from 2
years ago. Agbar, one of Hefichi's great disiples, ruled over the city with an iron fist.
Armehh, Heriggo, and Jaidon looked upon the burnt city outside the gates of Agbar's palace.
Everything was gone from the outside city, the fortresses, the farms, and the houses. Yet
people of this city still survived, and suffered. Agbar locked the palace's great gates, to
anyone outside. His dock was the source of imports that he relied on. Agbar, and the lucky
soldiers inside those gates were not allowed to exit the great gates. Inside the gates,
a once great city is forgotten, the Senate building laid untouched for years, as
dictatorship came in. The capitol just sits there, as decay and mold seep in. Agbar's
palace is quite the opposite, it stands majesticly in the center of the city. Your mission
is kill the one who made the outsiders suffer, kill the one who keeps things to himself,
kill Agbar, Hefichi's disiple, and return democracy and freedom throughout the West...

Then the story from Snotbeard and Hammerfoot-

Among the once seven disiples, two were the last to join the band. They were once fair
merchants off the Eastern Coast. Slowly, their businesses declined into piracy, and the
two were feared throughout all of Ommech. Once word reached the ears of Hefichi...he sent
his five loyal disiples to gather in the last two, Snotbeard and Hammerfoot. These two were
eager to join...but they soon saw what real evil was. When time came to burn an entire city
down...one of the largest cities in all of Ommech. Three of the seven diclined. Hefichi
then cursed the three and ordered his remaining 4 to do the same. Agbar and the other
disiple made sure that the three could barely escape with their lives. Then Snotbeard and
Hammerfoot watched as thousands of people died, cowardice holding them back from stopping
them. Now the two friends have been staying at the southern tip of Ommech. Farthest away
from anything. They stay there, running their own villages. They dread the day their
sworn master will ask them to leave the towns, and join him again, and continue on the
summoner's dark tasks...

Then the NEW story from The Lords of the Shadows-

Hefichi is left with only one disiple. This one has been the first disiple since Hefichi
even started to gather in his loyal servants. This disiple is said to be the daughter of
the Dark Summoner. She was once a kind girl, who lived with her mother in the south.
When her mother was killed, she was put into the hands of her hated father. She came to
Hefichi when she was 16, and he was horrible to her. She soon ran away from her father
and came back to the southern tip, where her mother was once housed. An elderly man named
Kaanik intreduced himself to her. He explained to her his home, a tower in the southern tip,
and she became interested in what the tower was there for. Kaanik told her that his mother
was the Kauur of this tower, or protector. The Kauur was sworn to protect the tower with
his/her life, in exchange, the protector would get unspeakable powers. Kaanik trained her
in sorcery, and she was quick, and eager to learn. When she was 18, she owned the title of
the new Kauur of the Tower of Valhallina. In later years, she was visited by a most familiar
face, her father, Hefichi. The new Kauur took her responsibility, and attacked her father.
Hefichi was too quick, with one quick dash, Hefichi disappeared and reappeared behind her,
he then attacked her, killing her. She fell to the ground, and Hefichi walked out of the
tower. Her soul was split in two, just as her parents did in their marriage, and one half
stayed with her mother and the other joined her father. The mother's half stayed in the
tower, to haunt until the next Kauur is chosen, her father's half, walked in a corpse,
dressed in a gothic dress, always at his side, always loyal.

AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\TO INSTALL////////////////////////////////////////////

Thank You for downloading Disiples of Chaos: 4. The Lords of the Shadows

AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~ AOM ~

Here is the continuing story of DOC-

Guegurmoth's Post-
A few years ago, a summoner called Hefichi attempted to conquer the Western Cities.
At his side he had 7 disiples. They were his apprentices and would accomplish his every
will. But when he called them to burn the city down, killing thousands of innocent men, women
and children, three of them diclined. Hefichi cursed them with a terrible curse. The three
could not live if Hefichi was dead. The other four disiples fought and severly wounded the
three, then they carried out the Dark Summoner's deeds. The three warriors, Jaidon, Heriggo,
and Armehh, now must stop the dark forces from conquering all of Ommech. Their first task
was to speak with King Garius, of the Northerners, to ask his help in saving Ommech. He
accepted and provided a small fleet. The three were commanded to take out Guegurmoth's
Post, which guarded the now corrupt Western Cities... (story will continue when you
download Disiples of Chaos: 2. The Reign of Agbar)

Then the story from Reign of Agbar-
King Garius called upon the three warriors to travel to the Western Cities, not far from
Guegurmoth's Post. They came upon the city and saw the horror that they had fled from 2
years ago. Agbar, one of Hefichi's great disiples, ruled over the city with an iron fist.
Armehh, Heriggo, and Jaidon looked upon the burnt city outside the gates of Agbar's palace.
Everything was gone from the outside city, the fortresses, the farms, and the houses. Yet
people of this city still survived, and suffered. Agbar locked the palace's great gates, to
anyone outside. His dock was the source of imports that he relied on. Agbar, and the lucky
soldiers inside those gates were not allowed to exit the great gates. Inside the gates,
a once great city is forgotten, the Senate building laid untouched for years, as
dictatorship came in. The capitol just sits there, as decay and mold seep in. Agbar's
palace is quite the opposite, it stands majesticly in the center of the city. Your mission
is kill the one who made the outsiders suffer, kill the one who keeps things to himself,
kill Agbar, Hefichi's disiple, and return democracy and freedom throughout the West...

Then the story from Snotbeard and Hammerfoot-

Among the once seven disiples, two were the last to join the band. They were once fair
merchants off the Eastern Coast. Slowly, their businesses declined into piracy, and the
two were feared throughout all of Ommech. Once word reached the ears of Hefichi...he sent
his five loyal disiples to gather in the last two, Snotbeard and Hammerfoot. These two were
eager to join...but they soon saw what real evil was. When time came to burn an entire city
down...one of the largest cities in all of Ommech. Three of the seven diclined. Hefichi
then cursed the three and ordered his remaining 4 to do the same. Agbar and the other
disiple made sure that the three could barely escape with their lives. Then Snotbeard and
Hammerfoot watched as thousands of people died, cowardice holding them back from stopping
them. Now the two friends have been staying at the southern tip of Ommech. Farthest away
from anything. They stay there, running their own villages. They dread the day their
sworn master will ask them to leave the towns, and join him again, and continue on the
summoner's dark tasks...

Then the NEW story from The Lords of the Shadows-

Hefichi is left with only one disiple. This one has been the first disiple since Hefichi
even started to gather in his loyal servants. This disiple is said to be the daughter of
the Dark Summoner. She was once a kind girl, who lived with her mother in the south.
When her mother was killed, she was put into the hands of her hated father. She came to
Hefichi when she was 16, and he was horrible to her. She soon ran away from her father
and came back to the southern tip, where her mother was once housed. An elderly man named
Kaanik intreduced himself to her. He explained to her his home, a tower in the southern tip,
and she became interested in what the tower was there for. Kaanik told her that his mother
was the Kauur of this tower, or protector. The Kauur was sworn to protect the tower with
his/her life, in exchange, the protector would get unspeakable powers. Kaanik trained her
in sorcery, and she was quick, and eager to learn. When she was 18, she owned the title of
the new Kauur of the Tower of Valhallina. In later years, she was visited by a most familiar
face, her father, Hefichi. The new Kauur took her responsibility, and attacked her father.
Hefichi was too quick, with one quick dash, Hefichi disappeared and reappeared behind her,
he then attacked her, killing her. She fell to the ground, and Hefichi walked out of the
tower. Her soul was split in two, just as her parents did in their marriage, and one half
stayed with her mother and the other joined her father. The mother's half stayed in the
tower, to haunt until the next Kauur is chosen, her father's half, walked in a corpse,
dressed in a gothic dress, always at his side, always loyal.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\TO INSTALL////////////////////////////////////////////

Put "4. The Lords of the Shadows" into My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files
/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/scenario

Put "5. Ending Cinematic" into My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files
/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/scenario

Installation Note and Bonus -
If you want, to organize your Disiples of Chaos scenarios, make a Disiples of Chaos folder
in your My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/scenario
folder! To do this, make a folder called "Disiples of Chaos" on the Desktop, move
"1. Guegurmoth's Post.scx" (if you downloaded it) from your My Computer/Local Disk
/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/scenario folder to this folder, move
"2. Reign of Agbar.scx" into this folder also. Then put "3. Snotbeard and Hammerfoot.scx"
into your Disiples of Chaos folder. And then you can put "4. The Lords of the Shadows" into
your folder thing, too. Then put your folder into your My Computer/Local Disk/Program Files
/Microsoft Games/Age of Mythology/scenario folder. That way, they stay organized and
separated from your otherdownloads! :)

URL of -
Disiples of Chaos: 1. Guegurmoths Post

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4432

Disiples of Chaos: 2. Reign of Agbar

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4499

Disiples of Chaos: 3. Snotbeard and Hammerfoot

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=4542

Bugs-
None yet, please comment if there are any.

Other-
Please comment! Rate it! Swear if it's bad! Whatever!

Playtesters -

-pepsidude 123
-game_master64
-Rabid_Potatoe
-ChonKatarn
-Sandro the Wicke
Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
Alex
(id: pEpsIdUDe_123)
I'll play it to see the improvement you made since I playtested. Then, I will review.
CaveTown Sandro, you can't review his scenario because your in the same design team as him.
Gaurdian_112 And while the rating might be deserved, the review itself is too short.
Alex
Cavetown, is that true?
So, I wouldn't be able to review this?
Sandro The Wicke I can't edit it due to my Cox security thing, I tried to refresh the page but it doesn't work!!!
Rabid_Potatoe I agree with Guardian. The review is WAY too short. You need a paragraph for each point. And I have given a list of bugs in the showcase thread.

[Edited on 10/28/05 @ 06:43 AM]

Rabid_Potatoe
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0
Balance4.0
Creativity5.0
Map Design4.0
Story/Instructions4.0
Playability: 4
This map is very playable. I never got bored while playing it, and I loved the battle with the huge minion army. However, some of the camera angles inhibeted gameplay, and I couldn't see parts of both towers.

Balance: 4
The overall balance was good, but some parts were too easy.

Creativity: 5
As always, very creative.

Map Design: 4
While some of your buildings did'nt look right, for the most part they were as good as ever. You need to smooth out the divide between the burnt land arounf Hefichi's tower and the highlands, because as it is now, it looks too sudden. I can't give this anything less than a 4, however.

Story/Instructions: 4
The storyline was good, nothing on the Guardians, but good. A lot better than your prvious ones. The Dialogue again was somewhat lacking. There was only one occasion where the instructions were crap, and that is where it failed to tell me that I would die if I did nto reach the camp by Nightfall.

Additional Comments:
A Very good end to the series, well done.
Rabid_Potatoe That's how long a review should be, Sandro, although mine might be a bit too short.
Sandro The Wicke Are you people deaf? I can't do anything about the review it isn't my fault if the review was too short in the first place. Someone accidently clicked on submitting the review when I wasn't finished yet! And you should take time on learning how to use proper grammar; I'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my attention to do so.

[Edited on 10/28/05 @ 07:39 PM]

Alex
Playability: 5
The Disciples of Chaos: Lords of the Shadows was an extremely fun and well-done. The cinematics were nice and smooth and I didn't see any major bugs that would make you have to start over. The cinematics were awesome. I don't want to give it away, but I liked the cinematic inside the house (: The dialog was also well composed and thought up and the music went along greatly with the cinematics. I think you should try making a long cinematic prolouge to the Disciples of Chaos that showed what time was like before Geugermoth's Post scenario.

Balance: 5
Balance was perfect for my taste. Not too easy and not too hard. This was a welcoming break from Oscar's scenarios and the really easy scenarios. I lost quite a few people in the battles but I never had to save or restart the scenario. My favorite battle was the one in the village with the gold mine. That battle was awesome. I sent some soldiers to save the king because he was surrounded by minions. But my soldiers slaughtered them all! The battles were so fun!

Creativity: 5
You are sooooo creative!!!! I am amazed at your creativity in all of your scenarios. Everything about Hefichi and his tower was amazing. I also liked the Arch-Angel. It was fun when you got to fight along side him in the battle close to the end. I also really liked how meteors fell from the sky and blew up the tower revealing a gigantic whole. I took some time from controlling the troops to watch the Arch-Angel in that awesome battle against the army of minions. Great job in creativity, I hope to see you make many more scenarios just as creative as this in the future.

Map Design: 5
Great job on the map design. You had so many interesting creations. I loved Hefichi's tower and the other well-made buildings. Another cool thing you made was the gold mine on a hill. That looked really neat, I bet you'll be seeing it used by a lot of other people now. It was also cool to see that giant tree that had the tartarian arches or whatever there called sticking out of the ground by the green village. The forest was kind of plain and boring but the buildings make up for that.

Story/Instructions: 4
The story of the Lords of the Shadows and the previous scenarios in the set were genious. I loved it!!! You have such a fantastic mind for scenario planning and making. The only reason I gave you a 4 in this section was that I was kind of wandering around a while in the forest looking for some of the places that I was supposed to go to. Other than that, the objectives were really good. I also enjoyed reading the hints and the scenario spotlight. Disciples of Chaos will probably be remembered for a long time for it's storyline and creative ideas.

Additional Comments:
Great job! Like I said before, I think you should make a cinematic prolouge. After that, I think you should remake or update the first scenario, so that it is as good or almost as good as the others. Then, you should release the whole Disciples of Chaos series into a campaign. That would be awesome. It was such a blast playing this scenario and being able to playtest it for you. I look forward to seeing some more of your brilliant work in the future. Keep up the good work.

[Edited on 05/21/06 @ 10:24 AM]

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.0