New Files

Single Player Scenarios » The Adventures of Johnny Ray

Download File Post Review Post Comment

The Adventures of Johnny Ray

Author File Description
greyshark
File Details
Version: AoM: The Titans
An exciting story-based RPG played over two generations.

Part I: Poor Young Johnny Ray
Barleybrawl, a mining town on the coast of Newreach, awakens one morning to an out of the ordinary wind. As 8 year old Johnny Ray plays with his friends, he is oblivious to the worries of the villagers around him and his own terrible fate. But what will the wind of change bring...?

Part II: The Dangerous Beast
30 years after the Barleybrawl mine disaster, the villagers are ready to open their abandoned mine. But unfriendly creatures have moved in, and there is something much more dangerous killing off the miners... Soon, Johnny Ray and his chums will face the beast but what will be the outcome?

FEATURES:
-Music from Michael Jackson and Blondie. Meanwhile, tracks from the Zelda game complement parts of the game perfectly.
-A stamina system; you can run, but you can't run for long.
-A large quotation system. Click on the villagers and they'll insult you. Your fighters will congratulate each other after a fight. Let a fighter die, and they will grieve around the gravestone.
-A chicken named 'chicken delight'.
-Over 100 forumer references.
-Rather nice eye-candy; walk around a busy town, explore an abandoned mine, or stroll through an enchanted forest.
-Set up a camp; by having your characters put up their tents they can sleep off fatigue or injury.
-A pet dog that will follow you and your chums around.
-10 unlockables, including two lengthy word documents.
-An argus named 'Groper'.
-Several quality cinematics
-An exciting storyline
-Play hide n' seek with your childhood chums.
-Snowstorms will rise and fall in intensity over time; stay in an Inn to wait them off.
-A giant named Thurg Bigwilly, who will warn you not to run under his skirt or risk being hit with his enormou' club.

PRIEST BUG INFORMATION:
During the 'priest' cinematic, the game will crash. Here's some trigger tweaking you can do to get past the bug:

Deactivate Chapter_1
Activate Chapter_2_cinskip

These can be found in the 'ungrouped' group.

This will start the game at the point when Johnny and Auragorn are about to leave the mine.

Delete the fire event effect in Ob2_2_cin2_1.
Create a new fire event effect in Ob2_2_cin2_1, firing Ob2_2_cin2_X.

These can be found in the 'objectives' group.

This will skip to the end of the Priest cinematic when one begins it.

A side-effect of employing this method is that Johnny's exp becomes very low. This makes the boss battle unfair; however, just kill off Eileen during it and you'll skip past that too!
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Last »
AuthorComments & Reviews   ( All | Comments Only | Reviews Only )
greyshark
File Author
Today I tried solving the bug by ruthlessly destroying the complete cinematic. In protest, the game now crashes whenever I just approach the priest.

Wah.

May I console the people who, after performing the work-around I have offered, find that Johnny and Auragorn have a low attack, that there aren't many creatures to fight in the remainder of the game anyway. Also, the boss can be skipped by killing off Eileen, which causes Johnny to faint in horror.
AdZyZ Despite the bugs, this is one of the best Single player RPG's I've ever played. Some of your ideas are amazing, and you have a perfect balance of triggerwork and eyecandy.
Senior_man_face How far into the game is this 'preist cinematic'?

[Edited on 11/11/06 @ 11:42 PM]

greyshark
File Author
It's about two thirds of the way through the second chapter of the game. It occurs when one speaks to the priest after staying in the Inn.
Alpha Empires This is fun, i like your idea but whenever i get to the dog part and i go to the preist dude at 7, it freezes and i have to restart my PC. But great game though!
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Hey greyshark; I was wondering... do you know where that post of your experence counter in the forums is? I found it the other day, but after searching for 2 and half hours couldn't find it... ~ steak
greyshark
File Author
Here you go steak:

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=13&tn=21867&st=recent&f=13,21867,0,0

I altered it just now so that it is easier to read. However this also means that it no longer incorporates several skills as this scenario this; it only lets the player go through one set of levels. Perhaps you could think about how to the former task yourself?
Dragony97 this is not really bout the scenario but i kno its very easy to make a cinimatic,but i dont really dont kno how to end it,i did the camera track in the triggers,but i cant end it,because it keeps skipping the dialog at the bottem.:(

Can some1 tell me how to fix it and tell me wat i did wrong?

Adittional Comments:oh,i like the scenario,it rocks but i dont really get why you would put an extra area wen beating the boss,it just says its finished.
Milkman Matty
(id: Khan And Steak)
Thank you so much, I will soon be releasing my own RPG. thanks to you :) ~ Steak
Selphir How the hell... Do you kill the Blobs? He says use your fricken bow... I picked the Swordsman. Can I still use a bow, apparently he thinks I can?
Pages: « First « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 » Last »

Post Review Post Comment

HGDL v0.8.2

Login
Forum Username:

Password:

Create a new account
Forgot password?
Rating
Breakdown
Playability4.5
Balance5.0